Home General News Politics US World Business Law & Order Sports Science Technology Arts and Entertainment Lifestyle Education Opinion Weird Blogs Picture Video Podcast
CBS News - Crimesider
- Lethal injections may become more difficult for some statesThe nation's largest association of pharmacists are calling on its members to stop providing execution drugs
- Obama commutes 22 prison sentencesThe president is trying to correct disparities in prison sentences for non-violent, drug-related crimes
- Video prompts suspension of 2 college police officersEncounter occurred against a wall at a Dallas city campus
- Cops: 2 dead in shooting at Calif. medical officePolice say a man and woman in a romantic relationship are dead after a shooting at a medical office building in Fresno
- Woman pleads guilty in case of boy cuffed to porchIn Nov. 2013, a foster child was found by a deputy chained to the porch with a dead chicken tied around his neck
MSNBC - Crime & Courts
- AR-15 assault rifle stolen from San Francisco cop carPolice officers in San Francisco are scouring the city for a semi-automatic assault rifle stolen from a police vehicle over the weekend, authorities said.
- Baby delivered after crash killed parents has diedA baby boy delivered after a hit-and-run car crash in New York that killed both his parents has died, a family spokesman said Monday.
- Judge rejects Whitey Bulger's 'license to kill' claimGangster James "Whitey" Bulger cannot present evidence to a jury about his claim that he was given immunity for future crimes, a federal judge ruled Monday.
- Former Florida A&M band members now facing manslaughter chargesTwelve former Florida A&M University band members are now facing more severe charges for the 2011 death of drum major Robert Champion, after Florida prosecutors on Monday filed manslaught...
- Slain Mississsippi mayoral candidate was dragged and burned, family saysA gay, black mayoral candidate killed last week in Mississippi was beaten, dragged and set on fire before his body was dumped near a river, according to his family.
NPR - Law
- Supreme Court Deals Medicaid Blow To Doctors And Health CompaniesThe court ruled Tuesday that private Medicaid providers cannot sue to force states to raise reimbursement rates in the face of rising medical costs.
- Defense Rests Case In Boston Marathon Bombing TrialThe defense rested its case Tuesday in the trial of admitted Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. The trial will continue Monday with closing arguments.
- Native American Tribes Win Child Welfare Case In South DakotaA federal court ruled Tuesday in summary judgment that the state of South Dakota has routinely violated federal law by taking Native American children from their families and tribes.
- Alabama Judge Says Raising Money To Be Elected Is 'Tawdry'Mixing judges with campaign contributions can lead to conflicts of interest. Fresh Air talks to retired Judge Sue Bell Cobb and the Center for American Progress' Billy Corriher.
- Indiana Governor Stands By 'Religious Freedom' Law But Promises Fix"We'll fix this and we'll move forward," Gov. Mike Pence says, adding that he was "taken aback" by criticism of a law that's seen as allowing businesses to refuse service to gays and lesb...
AOL News - Crime
- Mysterious New Weapon Revealed?Mysterious New Weapon Revealed? OSGEOINT A satellite captured this rare glimpse at a secretive US defense site -- and the bizarre shape of the object on the right has experts salivating....
- Kim Involves Kris' Ex in Divorce CaseKim Involves Kris' Ex in Divorce Case Getty Images Kardashian & Humphries are in the process of settling their divorce -- but what she just threw on the table may change how much he gets...
- 'Knots Landing' Star Hasn't Aged'Knots Landing' Star Hasn't Aged Getty Images Donna Mills hasn't been in the spotlight much since the famed soap opera ended, but she reappeared at a recent event looking amazing. What s...
- Walgreen's Makes Big AnnouncementWalgreen's Makes Big Announcement Getty Images With 7,890 drugstores throughout the US and Puerto Rico, it's already the nation's largest drug store chain. Now, it's getting bigger. What...
- Woman Allegedly Groped TSA AgentWoman Allegedly Groped TSA Agent NBC2 Most passengers are used to security pat downs. Carol Jean Price had a more confrontational reaction -- and it's led to a battery charge. Awkward in...
Slate - Supreme Court Dispatches
- Maybe Bowling Alone Isn’t So BadWhen Alexis de Tocqueville made his storied visit to America in the 1830s, he observed with admiration the abundance of civic associations, which he believed contributed to the vibrancy ...
- Born This Way?“Baby, you were born this way.” As soon as Lady Gaga sang these words on her smash hit Born This Way, they became a rallying cry for gay people around the world, an anthem for sexual min...
- How Ira Glass Gets People to TalkThe public radio show This American Life is at once old school and ahead of its time. A weekly hourlong program divided into acts, the show’s stock and trade are character-driven stories...
- CorrectionsIn a June 27 " Crime " blog post, Justin Peters originally stated that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is 20 years old. He is 19.
- I Don’t Feel Your PainGeorge Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin because he perceived him as dangerous. The defense argues he was, the prosecution argues he wasn’t. No one, of course, argues that Zimmerman appr...
THR - THR, Esq.
- 'Avengers' 3D Firm Brings Patent Lawsuit Against 'Divergent' 3D FirmPrime Focus asserts dominion over 2D-to-3D conversion technology and demands an injunction against a competitor. read more
- Hollywood Law Hires: Clippers Owner Steve Ballmer's Litigator Switches FirmsHires and other moves in the entertainment law sector, including new posts for two music dealmakers. read more
- Jay Z Likely Headed to Trial in 'Big Pimpin' Sampling LawsuitA California federal judge on Monday was inclined to reject Osama Ahmed Fahmy's bid for early judgment of his copyright claims against the rapper. read more
- Google Gets Key Ruling in Battle With Mississippi AGIn a perhaps worrisome ruling for the MPAA, a judge trumpets Google's First Amendment rights. read more
- Robin Williams Restricted Exploitation of His Image for 25 Years After DeathHow Robin Williams made a move that Michael Jackson hadn't — and what other celebrities can learn from it. read more