Home General News Politics US World Business Law & Order Sports Science Technology Arts and Entertainment Lifestyle Education Opinion Weird Blogs Picture Video Podcast
CBS News - Crimesider
- Cop shot and killed near Tampa Bay, FloridaOfficials say the shooting occurred around 3 a.m. and that a suspect is in custody
- NYPD cop killer shot girlfriend in Baltimore firstBaltimore officials warned NYPD of Ismaaiyl Brinsley after discovering his online threats, but their warning arrived too late
- Uber probes driver for allegedly trying to kiss singerSinger-songwriter tweets driver with ride-sharing service "tried to grab and kiss on me" in her driveway
- NYPD commissioner: 2 police officers "assassinated"Gunman approached car, shot both officers before running into nearby subway and killing himself
- NYPD officer suspended after allegedly punching teen suspectVideo recorded on cell phone and posted online appears to show officer throwing two punches as other officers attempted to subdue suspect
MSNBC - Crime & Courts
- AR-15 assault rifle stolen from San Francisco cop carPolice officers in San Francisco are scouring the city for a semi-automatic assault rifle stolen from a police vehicle over the weekend, authorities said.
- Baby delivered after crash killed parents has diedA baby boy delivered after a hit-and-run car crash in New York that killed both his parents has died, a family spokesman said Monday.
- Judge rejects Whitey Bulger's 'license to kill' claimGangster James "Whitey" Bulger cannot present evidence to a jury about his claim that he was given immunity for future crimes, a federal judge ruled Monday.
- Former Florida A&M band members now facing manslaughter chargesTwelve former Florida A&M University band members are now facing more severe charges for the 2011 death of drum major Robert Champion, after Florida prosecutors on Monday filed manslaught...
- Slain Mississsippi mayoral candidate was dragged and burned, family saysA gay, black mayoral candidate killed last week in Mississippi was beaten, dragged and set on fire before his body was dumped near a river, according to his family.
NPR - Law
- Supreme Court Clears Way For Same-Sex Marriages In FloridaThe Supreme Court declined to extend a stay on a ruling by U.S. District Judge Robert L. Hinkle, who said in August that Florida's 2008 ban is unconstitutional. The stay expires in January.
- Troubled By Grand Jury Verdicts, Students Request More Time For ExamsStudents at several law schools say events in Ferguson and New York have left them too upset to study. Others are more concerned about how the extra study time will affect the grading curve.
- FBI Officially Pins Sony Cyberattack On North KoreaThe FBI released a statement on Friday saying that the North Korean government is responsible for the massive cyberattack against Sony Pictures Entertainment.
- Neighboring States Challenge Colorado's Recreational Marijuana LawColorado is vowing to fight a lawsuit filed by neighboring states that challenges its legalization of recreational marijuana.
- St. Louis Grand Jury Heard Witnesses Who Lied, Prosecutor SaysWeeks after he announced a grand jury's decision not to indict a Ferguson, Mo., police officer in Michael Brown's death, prosecutor Robert McCulloch explains some of his own decisions in ...
AOL News - Crime
- Mysterious New Weapon Revealed?Mysterious New Weapon Revealed? OSGEOINT A satellite captured this rare glimpse at a secretive US defense site -- and the bizarre shape of the object on the right has experts salivating....
- Kim Involves Kris' Ex in Divorce CaseKim Involves Kris' Ex in Divorce Case Getty Images Kardashian & Humphries are in the process of settling their divorce -- but what she just threw on the table may change how much he gets...
- 'Knots Landing' Star Hasn't Aged'Knots Landing' Star Hasn't Aged Getty Images Donna Mills hasn't been in the spotlight much since the famed soap opera ended, but she reappeared at a recent event looking amazing. What s...
- Walgreen's Makes Big AnnouncementWalgreen's Makes Big Announcement Getty Images With 7,890 drugstores throughout the US and Puerto Rico, it's already the nation's largest drug store chain. Now, it's getting bigger. What...
- Woman Allegedly Groped TSA AgentWoman Allegedly Groped TSA Agent NBC2 Most passengers are used to security pat downs. Carol Jean Price had a more confrontational reaction -- and it's led to a battery charge. Awkward in...
Slate - Supreme Court Dispatches
- Maybe Bowling Alone Isn’t So BadWhen Alexis de Tocqueville made his storied visit to America in the 1830s, he observed with admiration the abundance of civic associations, which he believed contributed to the vibrancy ...
- Born This Way?“Baby, you were born this way.” As soon as Lady Gaga sang these words on her smash hit Born This Way, they became a rallying cry for gay people around the world, an anthem for sexual min...
- How Ira Glass Gets People to TalkThe public radio show This American Life is at once old school and ahead of its time. A weekly hourlong program divided into acts, the show’s stock and trade are character-driven stories...
- CorrectionsIn a June 27 " Crime " blog post, Justin Peters originally stated that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is 20 years old. He is 19.
- I Don’t Feel Your PainGeorge Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin because he perceived him as dangerous. The defense argues he was, the prosecution argues he wasn’t. No one, of course, argues that Zimmerman appr...
THR - THR, Esq.
- Sony Hit With Fourth Class-Action Lawsuit Over Stolen Data (Exclusive)Two former employees claim Sony has a decades-long history of poor information security read more
- More Sony Hack Fallout: Google Fights Mississippi and the MPAAA secret anti-piracy lobbying campaign codenamed "Project Goliath" is scrutinized read more
- FCC Refuses to Strip Redskins Owner's Broadcast License Over Team NicknameIt rejects claims the Redskins name is profane and indecent; or that Snyder lacks the character to hold a FCC license read more
- Google Seizes on Sony Hacked Docs to Attack MPAA ConspiracyThe MPAA responds calling Google's position as a defender of free speech "shameful" read more
- TV Broadcasters Attempt to Delay Aereo's Sale of TechnologyCurrently in bankruptcy, Aereo blasts the move as a calculated strategy to continue the bleeding read more