Home General News Politics US World Business Law & Order Sports Science Technology Arts and Entertainment Lifestyle Education Opinion Weird Blogs Picture Video Podcast
CBS News - Crimesider
- Calif. teen arrested in fatal stabbing of boy, 9Authorities say the 18-year-old suspect was a family friend of the victim
- Violent confrontation between passengers caught on airport videoThings escalate quickly after a man asks another passenger to watch his foul mouth at Salt Lake airport
- Cops: Blood, phone link suspect to slain Ind. studentDocuments allege suspect in murder of Indiana University senior Hannah Wilson had claw marks on his arms;blood and hair in his vehicle; his cell phone was found near victim's body
- State of emergency declared in Baltimore as violence ensuesThe aftermath of Freddie Gray's funeral turned to unrest as crowds began to hurl rocks and bottles at cops, who had assembled in riot gear
- Knowing right from wrong: James Holmes trial beginsProsecutor claims in opening statements Colorado theater shooter was declared sane by two evaluations; defense says he had psychotic break
MSNBC - Crime & Courts
- AR-15 assault rifle stolen from San Francisco cop carPolice officers in San Francisco are scouring the city for a semi-automatic assault rifle stolen from a police vehicle over the weekend, authorities said.
- Baby delivered after crash killed parents has diedA baby boy delivered after a hit-and-run car crash in New York that killed both his parents has died, a family spokesman said Monday.
- Judge rejects Whitey Bulger's 'license to kill' claimGangster James "Whitey" Bulger cannot present evidence to a jury about his claim that he was given immunity for future crimes, a federal judge ruled Monday.
- Former Florida A&M band members now facing manslaughter chargesTwelve former Florida A&M University band members are now facing more severe charges for the 2011 death of drum major Robert Champion, after Florida prosecutors on Monday filed manslaught...
- Slain Mississsippi mayoral candidate was dragged and burned, family saysA gay, black mayoral candidate killed last week in Mississippi was beaten, dragged and set on fire before his body was dumped near a river, according to his family.
NPR - Law
- Tsarnaev Defense Urges Jury To Spare His LifeThe sentencing phase in convicted Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's trial continues on Monday. The defense will start making its case that he should not be put to death.
- Thousands Say Goodbye To Freddie Gray In BaltimoreThousands of mourners packed a Baptist church in Baltimore Monday at the funeral service for Freddie Gray, the 25-year-old black man who died of spinal cord injuries last week while in po...
- Loretta Lynch Sworn In As U.S. Attorney GeneralLynch's nomination was confirmed last week by the U.S. Senate, five months after President Obama nominated her to succeed Eric Holder.
- Freddie Gray's Funeral Spurs Calls For Calm In BaltimoreAfter a weekend that saw violence and arrests, Gray's family and many public and religious figures are calling for peace.
- James Holmes' Trial Begins In Colorado, 3 Years After Cinema ShootingMore than 1,000 days after James Holmes opened fire on an audience at a midnight movie premiere in Aurora, Colo., his trial began in earnest Monday with prosecutors arguing he was sane.
AOL News - Crime
- Mysterious New Weapon Revealed?Mysterious New Weapon Revealed? OSGEOINT A satellite captured this rare glimpse at a secretive US defense site -- and the bizarre shape of the object on the right has experts salivating....
- Kim Involves Kris' Ex in Divorce CaseKim Involves Kris' Ex in Divorce Case Getty Images Kardashian & Humphries are in the process of settling their divorce -- but what she just threw on the table may change how much he gets...
- 'Knots Landing' Star Hasn't Aged'Knots Landing' Star Hasn't Aged Getty Images Donna Mills hasn't been in the spotlight much since the famed soap opera ended, but she reappeared at a recent event looking amazing. What s...
- Walgreen's Makes Big AnnouncementWalgreen's Makes Big Announcement Getty Images With 7,890 drugstores throughout the US and Puerto Rico, it's already the nation's largest drug store chain. Now, it's getting bigger. What...
- Woman Allegedly Groped TSA AgentWoman Allegedly Groped TSA Agent NBC2 Most passengers are used to security pat downs. Carol Jean Price had a more confrontational reaction -- and it's led to a battery charge. Awkward in...
Slate - Supreme Court Dispatches
- Maybe Bowling Alone Isn’t So BadWhen Alexis de Tocqueville made his storied visit to America in the 1830s, he observed with admiration the abundance of civic associations, which he believed contributed to the vibrancy ...
- Born This Way?“Baby, you were born this way.” As soon as Lady Gaga sang these words on her smash hit Born This Way, they became a rallying cry for gay people around the world, an anthem for sexual min...
- How Ira Glass Gets People to TalkThe public radio show This American Life is at once old school and ahead of its time. A weekly hourlong program divided into acts, the show’s stock and trade are character-driven stories...
- CorrectionsIn a June 27 " Crime " blog post, Justin Peters originally stated that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is 20 years old. He is 19.
- I Don’t Feel Your PainGeorge Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin because he perceived him as dangerous. The defense argues he was, the prosecution argues he wasn’t. No one, of course, argues that Zimmerman appr...
THR - THR, Esq.
- 'A Gronking to Remember' Becomes Memorable Lawsuit Against Amazon, AppleA couple is suing the tech giants after finding their faces on an e-book that went viral. read more
- Disney Beats 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Copyright LawsuitIn the lawsuit, an author claimed credit for pirates transforming into living skeletons under the moonlight. read more
- ESPN Claims Verizon Is Breaching Carriage ContractThe sports network believes that Verizon can't put its channels on separately priced tiers in the new personalized FiOS service. read more
- In "Slants" Case, Appeals Court Will Reconsider Opinion on "Disparaging" TrademarksThe Federal Circuit chose to wipe out an opinion issued last week regarding an Asian-American band. read more
- Comcast Ridicules $20 Billion Racial Discrimination Lawsuit"Preposterous," "offensive," "entirely fantastical" and "shameful" are just some of the adjectives that Comcast uses to describe a lawsuit in a motion to dismiss. read more