General News UK World News Business Sport Technology Arts and Entertainment Lifestyle Science Opinion Weird Picture Video Blogs Podcasts
- Lockerbie bomber's guilt reaffirmedScotland's top prosecutor reaffirms his belief that Abdelbaset al-Megrahi is guilty of killing 270 people in the Lockerbie bombing.
- Off-duty PC murder suspect arrestedA 28-year-old man is detained on suspicion of the murder of an off-duty PC who died after being attacked in Liverpool city centre.
- Cook 'gutted' to miss World CupAlastair Cook is "disappointed" to be left out of England's World Cup squad after Eoin Morgan is named new one-day captain.
- Millions shopping on 'Panic Saturday'UK shoppers are expected to spend a record £1.2bn buying Christmas presents and groceries on what researchers are calling "Panic Saturday".
- Salmond calls for English referendumAlex Salmond calls for England to hold a "peasants' revolt type referendum" on its own constitutional future.
- MEP Philip Bradbourn dies aged 63 after battle with bowel cancerThe Prime Minister said the West Midlands MEP, who had served in the European Parliament since 1999, had a 'truly admirable' dedication to public service and was a 'well-respected' politi...
- Bank fines swell Treasury coffers but low income tax receipts make Osborne sweat on deficit reduction targetGeorge Osborne received an early Christmas present this morning as government borrowing fell by £1.6 billion in November compared to last yearChancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne sp...
- Twelve Taliban militants killed by US drone strike and Pakistani security forcesWARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT: Since the appalling attack - in which 148 people, mostly children, were murdered - Pakistani air strikes and ground operations have killed around 200 militants.
- Britain braced for the Polar Express: Temperature set to plunge to -4C as polar blast from Greenland brings widespread Christmas frostsA blast of cold air from Greenland is forecast to bring widespread frosts to much of Britain on Christmas Day while downpours will begin battering parts of the country tomorrow.
- Pictured: The tragic children stabbed to death in their family home... as neighbours reveal mother's erratic behaviour hours before bodies were foundNeighbours of Mersane Warria have revealed that the 37-year-old wandered the streets of Manoora, near Cairns, screaming at neighbours on morning eight children were found dead in her home.
- Families forced to urinate in bushes at Christmas 'drive-in movie spectacular' after ONE toilet providedDisappointed visitors to the screening of the Will Ferrell festive film Elf and classic Home Alone described the event as 'shambolic'
- Scandal of teenagers leaving care with nowhere to turn this ChristmasThe People's festive appeal will support the charity and its 900 different services helping families, children and young people across Britain
- 'Survival' shoplifting soars as people battle to cope with brutal cuts in austerity BritainThere were more than 21,000 extra thefts from stores across England and Wales, a near seven per cent hike, figures reveal
- Body of 42-year-old woman found in flat sparks police probe into 'suspicious death'Police today sealed off the area around a flat in Gateshead after the body of a 42-year-old woman was discovered
- Meet the pampered pet turkey actually LOOKING FORWARD to Christmas dinnerPet fowl Annabel will not be the family meal but will instead tuck into her own festive feast of fillet steak and stilton while dolled up in leg warmers, nail varnish and mascara
- Strictly Come Dancing: hottest romancesAhead of tonight's Strictly final, the couples who found time to cha-cha-cha off-screen too
- Cyclist cheats death after being run over by a heavy-duty truckA cyclist miraculously cheats death after a heavy-duty truck drives over him at a busy intersection in the Chinese city of Ningbo
- DJ Mike Smith leaves £1m to his wifeFormer BBC Radio 1 DJ and broadcaster Mike Smith left more than £1m in his will to his wife presenter Sarah Greene
- Prosecutors insist Lockerbie bomber was guilty on anniversary of atrocityFrank Mulholland, the Lord Advocate, reaffirms his certainty that Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi was responsible for bombing despite clamour from victims' families for an independent inquiry
- Taliban 'intelligence chief and arms dealer' released from GuantanamoMohammed Zahir, one of four latest releases, said to have Stinger missiles and uranium "for a nuclear device" when arrested in Afghanistan
- Video feature: Refugees in America
- Obama rebukes Sony for scrapping filmNorth Korea urges joint investigation after FBI accuses it of cyber attack on studio
- Isis morale falls as momentum slowsFrustration grows among jihadis as focus shifts to governing
- Rouble crisis hits former Soviet statesMinsk imposes 30% levy and also doubles interest rates to 50% as Russia turmoil starts to bite
- ‘Putin’s banker’ loses $2bn UK court fightSergei Pugachev fails to overturn High Court order freezing his assets
- Shop and YOU really could drop: Doctors warn last-minute dash to stores could make you ILLGOING to the shops this weekend could cost you your health at Christmas, doctors have warned.
- Suicidal and on anti-depressants: The mum, aged 54, who can’t accept Santa isn’t realA 54-YEAR-OLD mum who is obsessed with Christmas has to take anti-depressants every year because she can’t accept that Santa isn’t real.
- Doctors hail breakthrough in Parkinson’s disease which means patients could walk againParkinson’s disease victims could walk again following a major breakthrough.
- Shock for North Korea as hard-hitting Interview film is released onlineNORTH KOREA is facing a new screen onslaught days after being accused of forcing Hollywood moguls into pulling a comedy about its tyranical leader.
- It WILL be a white Christmas! Forecasters predict dusting of snow across BritainSTOP the dreaming, it seems it definitely IS going to be a white Christmas.
- Strictly Come Dancing: the final – liveAs the closest ever contest reaches its climax, will Frankie, Caroline, Mark or Simon walk away with the Strictly glitterball? 6.33pm GMT Pro dance to Celebration by Kool and The Gang. L...
- US delivers 10 helicopters to Egypt in sign of improving relationsApache helicopters arrived this week to support counter-terrorism Delivery had been on hold since coup against elected president last year Egypt received 10 Apache helicopters from the U...
- Alastair Cook gutted but wishes Eoin Morgan’s England well for World Cup• Ex-captain: ‘It is likely to take a while to get over the disappointment’ • ECB’s Downton: ‘If a plan’s not working you eventually have to change it’ • Cook passes the baton – but the b...
- CIA unlikely to penalise staff over search of Senate computers – reportReview panel investigating search of staffers from the intelligence committee will not recommend disciplining CIA officials, according to the New York Times Senate report on CIA torture ...
- Harlequins fly-half Tim Swiel keeps cool to put boot into NewcastleHarlequins 15-7 Newcastle When you are nine points adrift of the play-off places you have grown accustomed to, you take the points any which way. This Harlequins did, but after their hero...
- RSS Feed Moving (scotsman.com)We are about to release our new site with a new look, feel and structure. Part of this release will involve the creation of new RSS feeds and the decommissioning of the current ones. Plea...
- The Rumour Mill: Tuesday's football news and gossipIn today's Rumour Mill: All the build-up to tonight's big match in Spain; Craig Brown linked with Northern Ireland vacancy; Rangers finance boss quits; plus the rest o
- Scottish Business Briefing - Tuesday 11 October, 2011WELCOME to scotsman.com's Scottish Business Briefing. Every morning we bring you a comprehensive round-up of all news affecting business in Scotland today.
- 'My views unwelcome north of the border', says PGA chief Sandy JonesSANDY Jones, the chief executive of the PGA, has said he feels his opinions on Scottish golf are unwelcome in certain quarters and claimed the skills within his organisation a
- Interview: Lee McConnell, athleteWITH the Olympic Games now almost within touching distance, the next year is mapped out for Lee McConnell, as it is for every other athlete who hopes to be in the Great Britai
- Siegfried and Roy's white lion Future dies at Cincinnati ZooAn aging white lion given to the Cincinnati Zoo by performers Siegfried & Roy had to be euthanized because of age-related health issues.
- Raul Castro poised for official encounter with ObamaRaul Castro said today he will attend an important regional summit – setting up the prospect of a formal meeting with Barack Obama as the thaw in a half-century of stand-off between the ...
- Diplomatic Protection police officers sacked for sending 'obscene images'Two police officers from Scotland Yard's Diplomatic Protection Group have been sacked for sending obscene images from their mobile phones.
- Lockerbie bomber al-Megrahi was guilty of attack that killed 270, says Scotland's top prosecutorScotland’s top prosecutor has insisted that Abdelbaset al-Megrahi was guilty of killing 270 people in the Lockerbie bombing despite him protesting his innocence up until his death two ye...
- Lord Advocate reaffirms ‘Abdelbaset al-Megrahi is guilty of 270 deaths in Lockerbie bombing’Scotland’s top prosecutor has insisted that Abdelbaset al-Megrahi is guilty of killing 270 people in the Lockerbie bombing despite him protesting his innocence up until his death two yea...
- No, the Abominable Snowman isn’t a rare polar bearAbominable_snowman_yetinicholasreillyThe Abominable snowman isn't a polar bear after all (Picture: Wikicommons) Claims by an Oxford University professor that the mythical yeti is in fact a rare polar bear have been challenged. In 2013, Professor Bryan Sykes revealed that DNA tests on hair strands f...
- Fishermen create hilarious parodies of chart hits, all from their boatScottishfishermennicholasreilly Fisherman have some surprisingly good moves to show off
- President Obama only answers questions from female journalists at last Press conference of 2014obamanimalmatthewpayton89(Picture: YouTube/Mother Jones) Major news networks were ignored as the President only answered questions from female reporters at his last White House Press conference of 2014.
- Car ‘full of masked robbers’ explodes after it’s struck by lightningcarolliemcateerThe dramatic moment (Picture: YouTube) The freak incident happened in Russia.
- Family has a picture taken with Santa every Christmas for 59 yearssanta compojwheaton101Three kids in the 50s (Picture: Wilson Family / Facebook)Loveing those 70s vibes (Picture: Wilson Family / Facebook)The Wilson family as they are today (Picture: Wilson Family / Facebook) It's fair to presume that the man in the Santa suit has probably changed a few times in 59 years though. santa 2santa 3santa 1
- Two arrested after Dundee police seize heroin haul with street value of £50,000OFFICERS pounce after stopping and searching vehicle as it entered city.
- Hearts 2 Alloa 0: James Keatings and Callum Paterson give Hearts the victoryGOALS from James Keatings and Callum Paterson ensured Hearts maintained their 100 per cent home record in the Scottish Championship
- Raith 1 Hibs 3: Hibs bounce back from a goal down to take all three points against RaithBARRIE McKAY had given Raith the lead before goals from Jason Cummings, Liam Fontaine and Dominique Malonga gave Alan Stubbs' men the three points.
- Ross County 0 Hamilton 1: Martin Canning scores against former team to give Accies victoryMARTIN CANNING returned to Dingwall to haunt his former team as he headed Hamilton to victory
- St Johnstone 1 Inverness CT 0: Brian Graham scores from the spot to beat 10 men InvernessTHE on-loan striker scored after he'd been brought down by Dean Brill before Ross Draper saw red to leave the travelling Highlanders struggling
- Black Friday live: Shoppers arrested as crowds clash in morning mayhemSHOPS across the UK have been left ransacked as thousands of eager shoppers fought their way through crowds to get the best Black Friday bargains.
- VIDEO: Hailstones 'as big as golf balls' devastate Brisbane in freak 'supercell' stormA COLOSSAL hail storm has as many as 90,000 people without power after icy stones the size of golf balls rained down on Brisbane.
- Man arrested over camera in ex's shower claims he was filming CHICKENSA MAN arrested for allegedly putting a camera in his ex girlfriend's shower claims he was actually trying to film CHICKENS.
- 'No work, then go home': David Cameron in benefits crackdown on EU immigrantsDAVID Cameron has set out plans to stop EU migrants receiving welfare benefits as soon as they enter Britain.
- GRAPHIC VIDEO: Bugs EXPLODE in slow motion as they get zappedIF YOU ever wanted to know what happens to a bug when they land on an electric zapper, well, you're in luck.
- Ten-man Swansea defeat LaticsGylfi Sigurdsson struck either side of the interval to secure a deserved 2-0 victory for 10-man Swansea at the Premier League basement boys Wigan.
- Dunn snatches point for RoversDavid Dunn earned Blackburn a valuable point in the fight against relegation with a headed equaliser five minutes from time in a 1-1 draw against Aston Villa at Ewood Park.
- City stretch leadMario Balotelli again took centre stage as Manchester City saw off Bolton 2-0 to move five points clear at the top of the Barclays Premier League.
- Baggies pile pressure on AVBWest Brom defender Gareth McAuley increased the pressure on Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas with a late winner in the 1-0 Barclays Premier League clash at the Hawthorns.
- Van Persie bags brace at LiverpoolLiverpool paid for missing a penalty and hitting the post twice as Arsenal's Robin van Persie scored twice to snatch a late 2-1 Barclays Premier League victory at Anfield.
- Review: Professor Green at 02 Academy, BirminghamRapper Professor Green showed energy and enthusiasm in his Birmingham performance
- Lap dancing plan in Birmingham rejected after protests from blind charityBlind charity protests lead to application for Lace Gentlemens Club on John Bright Street being rejected
- Letisha Shakespeare and Charlene Ellis memorial education annual award scheme to endThe award scheme was set up in 2006 to help disadvantaged students achieve their career goals
- Man who died after suspected hit-and-run accident is namedPolice question 18-year-old after body found in Rugeley
- Kings Norton church sealed off after sex attackPolice investigate sexual assault near church at Kings Norton
- Renewable energy: Perfect stormsAS A sharp winter wind whips up the Irish Sea off the coast of Cumbria in north-west England, a group of engineers—snug in their onshore control room—gaze contentedly at their screens. A...
- Cybercrime: Thieves in the nightCRIME has been falling in Britain since the mid-1990s, as it has in much of the rich world. Car-related theft has plummeted by 79% since 1995 and burglary by 67%. The decline is partly d...
- Bagehot: It’s behind you!AS BAGEHOT and his six-year-old son took their seats for “Cinderella” at the New Wimbledon Theatre, both were anxious. Your columnist had gone two decades without attending one of Britai...
- Bespoke libraries: For the person who has everything…“THE Art of Contentment” was a devotional work sold in Britain in the 1840s as part of a series known as The Englishman’s Library. Christian industrialists, the backbone of the newly wea...
- Canals: Crowded watersThe daily commute ON A brisk Saturday morning the Regent’s canal in north London is bustling. Cyclists and joggers zip along the towpath, weaving their way past mothers pushing prams. A ...
Wall Street Journal
- Pakistan Shows Signs of Shift on JihadistsIn the wake of the Peshawar school massacre, some U.S. and Afghan officials are beginning to express optimism that Pakistan may finally be changing its decadeslong policy of supporting ji...
- North Korea Wants Joint Probe on Sony Hack AttackNorth Korea said it could prove it had no links with the recent Sony Pictures hacking attack and proposed to conduct a joint probe with the U.S.image
- In Shattered Syria, War Divides NeighborsHoms once represented the best of the Middle East, an ancient city where people of different faiths, Christian and Muslim, did their best to live in peace. Now, it serves as a warning of ...
- China's Xiaomi Raises $1 Billion in Investment RoundXiaomi is raising more than $1 billion in its latest round of funding, valuing the fast-growing Chinese smartphone maker at more than $45 billion, a person familiar with the matter saidimage
- Bailouts Approach Final ReckoningThe U.S. government closed a chapter in financial-crisis history when it sold its remaining shares of Ally Financial and shuttered its auto-bailout program, ending the last major pieces o...
- Queens Park Rangers 3-2 West Bromwich AlbionCharlie Austin's hat-trick helps QPR climb out of the Premier League's bottom three as they came from 2-0 down to beat West Brom.
- West Ham United 2-0 Leicester CityWest Ham remain in the top four after beating struggling Leicester City who are without a win in 12 matches.
- Silviniaco heads King George hopefulsLast year's winner Silviniaco Conti heads 10 possible runners for the King George VI Chase at Kempton on Boxing Day.
- Paris Saint Germain 0-0 MontpellierParis St-Germain miss the chance to go top of Ligue 1 after being held to a goalless draw by Montpellier.
- Northampton 23-19 LeicesterDylan Hartley is sent off but Northampton Saints edge out Leicester Tigers in an epic East Midlands derby.
- Manchester United can't win league title, says Van GaalA frustrated Louis van Gaal said Manchester United cannot challenge for the Premier League title after he watched his side "drop two points" in a 1-1 draw away to Aston Villa on Saturday
- Pipe suffers shock Alexandra Palace exitJustin Pipe became the latest seed to fall at the PDC World Championship following a tight 3-2 defeat to Laurence Ryder on Saturday
- We've proved our doubters wrong, says PellegriniManuel Pellegrini believes Manchester City have proved their doubters wrong after making it into the last-16 of the Champions League and going level on points with Chelsea at the top of t...
- Indian football crying out for investment - JamesFormer England goalkeeper David James claims that the Indian Super League (ISL) needs "heavy investment" ahead of Saturday's inaugural final
- Ballance recalled as Stokes dropped for World CupGary Ballance is the player to benefit from Alastair Cook's sacking as one-day captain after he was named in England's World Cup squad. Ben Stokes and Harry Gurney have also been omitted ...
- Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Former league boss Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Pienaar ruled outInjury has forced Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar to withdrawn from South Africa's squad due to play international friendlies this week.
- Partizan win marred by crowd troubleSerbian champions Partizan Belgrade came from behind to beat city rivals OFK 3-1 on Sunday, but their success was marred by serious crowd trouble among groups of their own fans.
- Slew set for spell on sidelinesOn-loan Oldham striker Jordan Slew suffered another injury setback during the 1-0 win over Portsmouth. Slew was hurt against Walsall and missed the Stevenage game, returning to parent cl...
- Game of Thrones tour of Dubrovnik is more than just fantasyGet to the heart of the Seven Kingdoms and discover the real King's Landing on this cruise ship excursion with a difference
- Gamescom 2013: Live updates on the news, gameplay footage, trailers and announcements from day threeIt's day three of gamescom 2013 and we have live news and updates coming direct from Cologne, Germany.
- Transfer news LIVE: All of Thursday's gossip, rumours and done deals as they happenWho? What? When? Where? How? Which? All those questions and more (possibly) answered in Thursday's transfer live blog
- Edinburgh TV festival LIVE: Follow GEITF news and live updates, as they happenLet us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below or tweeting us at @MirrorTVNews
- Ricky Gervais plans David Brent film based around hit YouTube series Learn To Play GuitarComedian is planning a David Brent film, album and world tour as he resurrects his most famous small screen character
- Little Mix join forces with Caroline Flack and tell cancer to jog onWHAT a bunch a beauties.
- Myleene Klass does the school run in animal print and heels comboNOT bad for a Monday morning.
- Peaches Geldof plays proud mummy in intimate family picturesTHEY look so content.
- Judge rules in favour of Emma Thompson in Effie court caseEMMA THOMPSON has been given the go-ahead to proceed with a movie about the lives of 19th century poet JOHN RUSKIN, his wife EFFIE GRAY and her lover, painter JOHN EVERETT MILLIAS, after...
- Eva Mendes organised special 'mothers' day' for film researchActress EVA MENDES gathered up all the mums in her life for an intensive 'mothers' day' so she could get a feel for what it's like to be a woman with a kid for her new film THE PLACE AMO...
- North Korea denies it hacked Sony, demands joint inquiry with USNorth Korea accuses US media of spreading "slanders and libels" and threatens "grave consequences" if the US doesn't agree to joint investigation into hack.
- Terrific towers: Big speakers for less cash than decent bookshelf modelsDayton Audio's impressive T652 towers, just $119 a pair, for those who want to rock on the cheap stuff!
- 2015 Nissan Murano: New style and Google, tooNissan gives its Murano crossover model a major update, with dramatic new exterior styling and a navigation system that incorporates Google destination search.
- Lucasfilm ditches paper holiday cards for animated 'Star Wars' droidsFor the first time in decades, Lucasfilm sends an animated holiday greeting rather than a collectible print card. The stars: crafty "Star Wars" droids R2-D2 and C1-10P Chopper.
- The year in space: Rodeo-riding a comet and moreIn 2014, humanity tagged a comet and became better acquainted with Mars and our place in the universe. Take a tour through the year in space.
- North Korea says did not hack Sony, wants joint probe with U.S.SEOUL/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - North Korea said U.S. accusations that it was involved in a cyberattack on Sony Pictures were "groundless slander" and that it was wanted a joint investigatio...
- Cuba says U.S. must respect its communist systemHAVANA (Reuters) - President Raul Castro demanded on Saturday that the United States respect Cuba's communist rule as the two countries work to restore diplomatic ties, and warned that Cu...
- Scottish prosecutor says no reason to doubt Lockerbie bomber's guiltLONDON (Reuters) - No evidence has emerged that casts doubt on the conviction of a late Libyan intelligence officer for the Lockerbie airline bombing 26 years ago, says Scotland's top pro...
- U.S. sends four Guantanamo prisoners home to AfghanistanWASHINGTON (Reuters) - Four Afghans held for over a decade at the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, have been sent home, the Pentagon said on Saturday, the latest step in a gr...
- Putin says Russia won't be intimidated over CrimeaMOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia will not be intimidated over its actions in Ukraine and Crimea, President Vladimir Putin said on Saturday as his foreign ministry warned that it was preparing to...
- Hearts 2 Alloa 0: Hearts sweep Alloa asideScottish Championship leaders Hearts maintained their 100 per cent home record with a routine 2-0 win over lowly Alloa.
- West Ham 2 Leicester 0: Hammers heap winter woe on FoxesAndy Carroll was on target as West Ham's fourth win in five games ensured Leicester would be bottom of the Barclays Premier League at Christmas.
- Raith Rovers 1 Hibernian 3: Hibs bounce back for winHibernian came from behind to register a fifth away win of the season with a 3-1 success at Raith.
- Ross County 0 Hamilton 1: Canning goal earns back-to-back win for HamiltonAn early goal from Martin Canning was enough to earn back-to-back wins for Hamilton, as they edged a close Scottish Premiership encounter at Global Energy Stadium.
- St Johnstone 1 Inverness 0: controversial penalty bring Saints' unbeaten run to sevenA controversial second-half penalty from Brian Graham earned St Johnstone a 1-0 victory over 10-man Inverness Caledonian Thistle and stretched their unbeaten run to seven matches.
- Grounds maintenance teams will cut back by not cutting backThe upkeep of private ground by Perth and Kinross Council was this week described as ''ludicrous''.
- Thousands brave cold for Dundee Christmas Light Night 2011The festive season officially arrived in Dundee on Friday as around 25,000 people braved the cold for the switching-on of the Christmas lights.
- 'New' name for Dundee street would be link to medieval pastA long-abandoned medieval street name could soon return to Dundee.
- Lingerie boss Michelle Mone's Carnoustie kitchen all part of her great support for Erskine charityAn Angus couple this week told how Scottish lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone cooked for them in their home — and then did the washing up!
- VIDEO: Gordon Brown contributes to student's football-themed documentaryA Fife university student enrolled the help of the former Prime Minister to make a moving documentary about the Blue Brazil.
- Ospreys vs Ulster Live: Follow all the Guinness Pro12 action from the Liberty StadiumJoin us for every kick, try, tackle and pass as Steve Tandy's side take on the Irish raiders
- Ched Evans to Hartlepool: League Two club confirm they are interested in signing convicted rapistEvans, who was released from prison in October after serving half of the five-year sentence handed to him for raping a 19-year-old woman, has not played a game since coming out
- Hull v Swansea City ratings: The best and worst of the Swans as Ki Sung-Yueng proves again how much he'll be missedFootball correspondent Steve Tucker rates the players in Swansea's 1-0 win at Hull. Leave your marks now
- Live: Wales breaking news, Saturday 20 December, 2014The latest live news, sport, traffic, weather and comment from Wales
- Cardiff City v Brentford ratings: The good, the bad and the very bad of the Bluebirds playersTerry Phillips rates the Cardiff City players and struggles to find any who did themselves justice in a poor home defeat
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland
- Raul Castro says detente won't change Cuban systemHAVANA (AP) — Three men who served long U.S. prison terms for spying received a standing ovation in Cuba's parliament Saturday, shaking their fists in victory as President Raul Cast...
- Man quizzed over off-duty Pc murderDetectives continue to question a man suspected of murdering off-duty police constable Neil Doyle.
- Soccer-Former bricklayer Austin is QPR's hat-trick heroBy Toby Davis LONDON, Dec 20 (Reuters) - It is only a few years ago that Queens Park Rangers forward Charlie Austin was working as a bricklayer and playing in English football's minor lea...
- Liberia holds Senate vote amid Ebola fearsMONROVIA, Liberia (AP) — Health workers carrying thermometers and sanitizers manned polling stations across Liberia on Saturday as voters cast their ballots in a twice-delayed Senate ele...
- Soccer-Belgian championship results and standingsDec 20 (Infostrada Sports) - Results and standings from the Belgian championship matches on Saturday Saturday, December 20Waasland-Beveren 0 Anderlecht 2 Standings P W D L F A Pts 1 Club ...
- North Korea: We Can Prove Hacking Wasn't UsThe dictatorship warns of "grave consequences" if the US rejects its offer of a joint investigation into the cyber-attack on Sony.North Korean leader Kim smiles as a huge crowd surrounds ...
- US Releases Four Prisoners From GuantanamoThe detainees are handed over to Afghan authorities as the Obama administration takes a step closer to closing the facility.Clockwise from top left: Shawali Khan, Abdul Ghani, Mohammed Za...
- Police Shoot Dead Man Who Attacked OfficersThe man, reportedly known for his "radical Islamic views", died after running into a police station and stabbing three officers.Police shoot dead man who stabbed officers in Joue-les-Tours
- Hartlepool: Ched Evans Signing 'A Possibility'A new club declares its interest in the convicted rapist, despite public outcry over the possibility of his return to football.201114 Ched Evans
- Watch: Orion Re-Enters Earth's AtmosphereNASA footage shows the spacecraft creating a spectacular light show as it smashes through superheated plasma at 20,000mph.Nasa Orion re-entry
- Pearson: Same old storyNigel Pearson admits his Leicester players are struggling to keep themselves positive after a 2-0 defeat at West Ham made it 12 games without a win .
- Richards rues missed chanceNewcastle director of rugby Dean Richards was disappointed after his side failed to make the most of the opportunities they created during the 15-7 defeat at Harlequins.
- Mallinder: Hartley red wrongNorthampton look set to appeal against Dylan Hartley's sending-off after the Saints captain saw red again for elbowing Leicester centre Matt Smith in the face during their 23-19 Aviva Pre...
- Monk: Changes worth itGarry Monk says he was forced to make changes to the Swansea team for the 1-0 win over Hull due to the Christmas fixture list.
- Jackett frustrated by decisionWolves manager Kenny Jackett was unhappy that his side were denied a penalty after seeing striker Nouha Dicko booked for diving in the area during the 1-1 draw against 10-man Brighton at ...