General News UK World News Business Sport Technology Arts and Entertainment Lifestyle Science Opinion Weird Picture Video Blogs Podcasts
- Salmond to quit after Scots vote NoAlex Salmond is to step down as first minister of Scotland and Scottish National Party leader after voters rejected independence in Thursday's referendum.
- Queen urges referendum 'respect'The Queen says she believes Scotland will unite in a "spirit of mutual respect and support" following the independence referendum.
- Vodafone saves Phones 4U store jobsRestructuring at the Phones 4U head office is resulting in 628 redundancies, but 887 jobs in stores will be preserved.
- Alice suspect's bike is recoveredPolice recover the mountain bike ridden by a convicted murderer who is wanted in connection with the disappearance of 14-year-old schoolgirl Alice Gross.
- Rotherham child services boss quitsJoyce Thacker, the director for children's services at Rotherham council, resigns in the wake of the abuse report scandal.
- World's reactions to Scottish referendum resultWhile much of the international coverage of the referendum result has been positive, the media in some countries has proven itself to be less supportive .
- Indian boy makes it into the record books standing at 5ft 7Karan Singh is already 5ft 7in tall and he's only five-years-old. The Indian boy broke weight and height records at birth, and he hasn't stopped growing since.Super-sized: Five-year-old K...
- Inside the wind tunnel that helped build British aviation icons including prototypes of WWI biplanes, the Hurricane and even ConcordeThe vast wind tunnels at the Royal Aircraft Establishment in Farnborough, Hampshire, were testing grounds for prototype planes ranging from the earliest WWI biplanes to Concorde.
- This year's freshers are the best dressed ever owning wardrobes worth over £2kA new survey shows that the class of 2014 will be a world away from the traditional student stereotype of holey jumpers and ageing Doc Martens.Stylish Young Women --- Image by © Heide Ben...
- 'A result that all of us throughout the United Kingdom will respect': The Queen responds to Scottish referendum decision Queen Elizabeth has today said that the whole of the UK will respect the decision of Scotland to remain within the Union following yesterday's referendum vote.
- See shocking pictures of injuries to former soldier brutally attacked on doorstep by burglarsWARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES Adrian Peter Percival, an ex-Royal Fusilier, suffered severe bruising after he was savagely punched, kicked and stamped on
- Two dead newborn babies found in luggage locker at train stationPolice forced open the locker after travellers reported a 'bad smell' coming from it.
- Britain's most prolific thief jailed - on 188th time in dock after 341st offenceRobert Knowles, 67, was first locked up for theft in 1959 when he was 13-years-old and has been sent down at least once every year since
- Mum killed herself and 4-year-old son in fire day before handing him over to exJanma Joshi and Jai were found lying alongside each other on a bed after she torched their flat, deliberately killing them both.
- Release of iPhone 6 sees thousands queue to get first bite of the AppleFanatical punters waited for days in London, Newcastle, Leeds, Cambridge and Bristol to get their hands on the iPhone 6
- Queen says 'an enduring love of Scotland' will help United Kingdom come together after referendum resultThe Queen has issued a highly personal statement from Balmoral in which she calls for "mutual respect and support" from both sides of the independence debate
- Alex Salmond resigns as Scottish First MinisterMr Salmond announces he will also step down as SNP leader in the wake of his independence referendum defeat after the party's conference in November
- Stingray jumps onto ramp for foodWatch what this stingray does to get food
- 'Beautiful, bouncing Britain reborn!' - Boris Johnson's verdict on the Scottish referendumThe Mayor of London says he's relieved with the result of the Scottish referendum, but criticises Ed Miliband for his weak role in the No campaign
- Venice attractions: what to see and do in autumnWhat to see and do in Venice this autumn, including suggestions on where to stay.
- Salmond to resign as first ministerScotland’s first minister to resign in November after Scotland voted decisively to remain part of the union
- Alibaba opens at $92.70 in NYSE debutChinese ecommerce group sees 36% ‘pop’ over $68 listing price and secures position as world’s largest IPO by market value
- GSK’s pain from scandal likely to lingerGuilty verdict against the company and five top executives in China may be just the start of its woes as the US and UK both investigate the drugmaker
- Vodafone deal saves 900 Phones 4U jobsMobile phone operator to purchase 140 stores from administrator PwC
- Exxon winds down Russian Arctic drillingOil group has become the biggest casualty of sanctions against Russia, which were broadened to ban US companies providing services or technology
- 'My time is nearly over': Alex Salmond QUITSDEFEATED Alex Salmond has quit as First Minister in the wake of his failed attempt at winning independence for Scotland.
- United Kingdom survives! Scotland says NO to independence after historic referendum nightTHE United Kingdom has survived after the people of Scotland voted to keep the 307-year union intact in a landmark referendum that brought Britain to the brink.
- Being nice makes you appear more attractive says new researchFORGET slapping on the lipstick and mascara – if you want to make yourself appear more attractive then just be nice.
- Farage on Friday: Alex Salmond departs leaving Britain SHAKEN to the coreYOU know the typical family scenario.
- I finally did up the house... 46 years onWHEN Gillian and Terry Holland saw an abandoned and endangered 17th- century house they felt they simply had to intervene.
- Alibaba IPO: Trading opens at $92.70 per share as stock surges out of the gate liveBiggest US stock market floatation ever Market values Chinese e-commerce giant at near $229bn Instantly among biggest US companies Graphic: How much is Jack Ma worth? Alibaba and the 40 ...
- Scottish referendum: yes campaign supporters take stock after lossPro-independence campaigners across Scotland come to terms with their defeat, with signs of optimism amid the dejection As dawn broke grey, misty and familiar rather than the brave, new o...
- The Guardian view on the Scottish referendum: a big moment that demands a big responseWhen 45% of your citizens tell you they want out, they are saying that the system needs changing, as it must be and will be Scotlands historic verdict was clear and decisive. So much so t...
- Police investigating disappearance of Alice Gross find bike owned by suspect14-year-old disappeared in west London three weeks ago and Arnis Zalkalns, convicted of murder in Latvia, is also missing Detectives are hoping for a breakthrough in the disappearance of ...
- The latest message for female writers dont think, just spillNot That Kind of Girl is a reminder of the publishing obsession with women divulging their private lives A week or so ago, I went to LA to interview a ridiculously talented young woman. D...
- RSS Feed Moving (scotsman.com)We are about to release our new site with a new look, feel and structure. Part of this release will involve the creation of new RSS feeds and the decommissioning of the current ones. Plea...
- The Rumour Mill: Tuesday's football news and gossipIn today's Rumour Mill: All the build-up to tonight's big match in Spain; Craig Brown linked with Northern Ireland vacancy; Rangers finance boss quits; plus the rest o
- Scottish Business Briefing - Tuesday 11 October, 2011WELCOME to scotsman.com's Scottish Business Briefing. Every morning we bring you a comprehensive round-up of all news affecting business in Scotland today.
- 'My views unwelcome north of the border', says PGA chief Sandy JonesSANDY Jones, the chief executive of the PGA, has said he feels his opinions on Scottish golf are unwelcome in certain quarters and claimed the skills within his organisation a
- Interview: Lee McConnell, athleteWITH the Olympic Games now almost within touching distance, the next year is mapped out for Lee McConnell, as it is for every other athlete who hopes to be in the Great Britai
- Forget devolution, the only thing that matters in Westminster is the next General ElectionWithin hours of Scotland delivering an answer , David Cameron posed another question: What to do about England? And he offered his solution.
- Scottish referendum results: Banks fail to give guarantees on retaining officesBanks and financial giants yesterday refused to give concrete guarantees to retain their headquarters in Scotland despite the No vote – amid ongoing uncertainty around the deals that wil...
- Pyramid scheme queens and a con that fools 500,000 every yearFor thousands of women struggling to keep households going as the credit crunch bit ever deeper, Give & Take seemed a heaven-sent deal: invest £3,000, receive £23,000 within days.
- Scottish referendum: How did Labour manage to end up on the losing side?The political establishment was so uncertain about the outcome of the Scottish referendum that, amid panic at Westminster, Labour drew up two slogans for its annual conference starting t...
- Scottish referendum results: Outcome divides opinion in Northern IrelandThe referendum result was welcomed with great relief by Northern Ireland Unionists, who had feared a Yes victory could undermine the union with Britain, which they regard as fundamental ...
- Why the launch of the iPhone 6 is a bit like an alien invasionVerkaufsstart iPhonebgcabbottET alien gifborg star trek patrick stewartinvasion of the bodysnatchers They're here already! You're next! You're next, You're next! giphy (9)giphy (8)giphy (7)Verkaufsstart iPhoneLaunch Of The iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus
- Condoms are too small for Ugandan menMan using condom,health concept.amywillisMan using condom,black and white style. Peerayot/Peerayot Pressure during sex can lead to unexpected 'bursting'.
- Colombian women’s cycling team kit defended by memberMembers of the women's Colombian cycling teamjimmynsubugaukmetroMembers of the women's Colombian cycling team At least the team loves it.
- Watch: Creepy moment glass cabinet opens and shatters by itself at auction housebroken-glassharryacr Owner Danny Parker is now considering the possibility that his auction house may be haunted.
- Shocking video shows cat being put in a tumble dryer while its abusers LAUGHAD_146400692.jpgharryacr(Picture: CEN)Ershova and her friends laugh as the cat struggles to stand Picture: CEN) The Russian trio were reported to police after torturing the cat and uploaded the footage online. 211Cat Survives Shocking Tumble Dryer Experience
- Alex Salmond stepping down as First Minister LIVETHE day after Scottish voters turned down independence Alex Salmond has announced he is stepping down as First Minister and SNP leader with a new party leader expected to be in place by N...
- Independence referendum LIVE: Breaking news and resultsJOIN us for our live coverage of the independence referendum as we bring you the results from around the country as Scotland decides.
- Independence referendum LIVE: News and reaction as Scotland votes NoAFTER a historic 24 hours for Scotland, 55 per cent of the nation voted to remain in the United Kingdom with a view to benefiting from new devolved powers promised by Westminster. Join us...
- Live: Scotland votes NO in independence referendum result - reaction and latest news updatesGET all the breaking news, reaction and headlines in the wake of result in the historic independence referendum where Scotland voted no.
- Nicola Sturgeon sets her sights on top job in Scottish politics following Alex Salmond's resignation as First MinisterBOOKIES put Sturgeon at 1/7 favourite to become first female First Minister within an hour of Salmond announcing his plans to resign.
- Be afraid! Expert warns of 'explosive effects' due to the super full moonAS stargazers prepare for the "supermoon" due to light up the night sky tonight a leading astrologer has warned of the "explosive effects" it could have on the viewing public.
- David Cameron suffers double blow in fight to remain Prime MinisterDAVID Cameron was yesterday hit with a double whammy from within his own party.
- 'I was rubbish as Harry Potter', Daniel Radcliffe blasts his acting skillsACTOR Daniel Radcliffe last night blasted his own performance as Harry Potter.
- British Isis 'martyr' dies in militant fightingA BRITISH Muslim who once worked for Primark has died fighting with militants in war-ravaged Syria.
- Kensington Palace labelled a 'rip-off' by touristsPRINCE William and Princess Kate’s home has been blasted as dull and expensive by tourists.
- Ten-man Swansea defeat LaticsGylfi Sigurdsson struck either side of the interval to secure a deserved 2-0 victory for 10-man Swansea at the Premier League basement boys Wigan.
- Dunn snatches point for RoversDavid Dunn earned Blackburn a valuable point in the fight against relegation with a headed equaliser five minutes from time in a 1-1 draw against Aston Villa at Ewood Park.
- City stretch leadMario Balotelli again took centre stage as Manchester City saw off Bolton 2-0 to move five points clear at the top of the Barclays Premier League.
- Baggies pile pressure on AVBWest Brom defender Gareth McAuley increased the pressure on Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas with a late winner in the 1-0 Barclays Premier League clash at the Hawthorns.
- Van Persie bags brace at LiverpoolLiverpool paid for missing a penalty and hitting the post twice as Arsenal's Robin van Persie scored twice to snatch a late 2-1 Barclays Premier League victory at Anfield.
- Former Birmingham police officer jailed after major role in £1m London brothels and drug racketCrime gang supplied cocaine and £300-an-hour prostitutes to clients in the West End
- Replay: Birmingham and West Midlands news, weather, traffic and sport on September 19News, sport, traffic and weather from around Birmingham and the West Midlands on Friday as it happened
- Scottish independence referendum quiz: who said what?There's been plenty of talking - how much have we listened to?
- Midland MPs demand fairer funding deal for EnglandPublic spending at £10,152-per-person for people in Scotland and just £8,498 in West Midlands is wrong, say politicians
- Walk In The Park: Bloomsbury Park, NechellsGraham Young visits a well-designed urban landscape with a great playground
- Public finances: The tax-free recoveryBRITAIN’S economy is roaring along. The IMF thinks it will outpace that of every G7 country in 2014. In the past twelve months 774,000 jobs have been created; the adult employment rate, ...
- Bagehot: Clan DouglasEVERYONE in Clacton-on-Sea seems to want a piece of Douglas Carswell. The renegade Conservative had invited Bagehot for a “walk and talk” through the Essex seaside town, while campaignin...
- Foreign policy: Back into the frayA DAY after Islamic State released a video showing the beheading of David Haines, a British aid worker, the prime minister spoke in forthright terms. Britain, said David Cameron on Septe...
- Hallowed be thy game: Hallowed be thy gameThe growing warmth between the Church of England and the Catholic church has found expression in a tour by St Peter’s Cricket Club. The team is made up of seminarians—mostly South Asians...
- Entrepreneurs: Startup feverIt may even catch on FOR all those exasperated people who can never find anything in their own homes, Simon Lyons has the answer. The 24-year-old entrepreneur has come up with Geco Hub—a...
Wall Street Journal
- Cameron Calls for More Local PowersThe U.K. prime minister pledged to honor his commitment to devolve more powers to Scotland's government, but said England, Wales, and Northern Ireland should also have greater independenc...
- Pressure on Sterling May Continue Despite Scottish 'No' VoteUncertainties over the Scottish referendum had pushed the pound up and down. Now that the Scots have opted to stay in the U.K., investors say sterling will dance to a different tune: one ...
- Scottish Leader Salmond to ResignAfter the defeat of the pro-independence campaign, Alex Salmond is stepping down from the leadership of his party and of the devolved Scottish government.image
- U.K. Moves Further From Legacy With DevolutionSome say the strong showing of the independence campaign makes Scotland's eventual exit from the U.K. more likely in the long run—a move that could add to a slide in the U.K.'s global inf...
- Business Leaders Relieved After VoteBritish business leaders said they were relieved that Scotland voted to stay in the U.K., after weeks of warning that a vote for independence could result in huge obstacles for firms oper...
- Ryan seeks historic Ayr Gold Cup winAmy Ryan will bid to become the first female jockey to win the Ayr Gold Cup when she rides Blaine on Saturday.
- Red Bull 'can upset Mercedes fight'Sebastian Vettel believes Red Bull could upset the Mercedes title battle in this weekend's Singapore Grand Prix.
- Ronaldo bid possible, says Van GaalMan Utd boss Louis van Gaal says a bid for Cristiano Ronaldo is possible but doubts Real Madrid will sell the forward.
- Clock ticking for 'maverick' GrovesAfter the hype of his fights with Carl Froch, a humble George Groves knows another defeat will dent his bid for further pay-days.
- VIDEO: Football Focus for BBC WorldDan Walker is joined by former Republic of Ireland midfielder Kevin Kilbane for this week's Football Focus for BBC World.
- Arsenal sitting on £173.3m cash reserveArsenal have announced their latest set of financial results, with confirmation that the club was sitting on a cash reserve of £173.3 million likely to spark debate among supporters
- Lowry surges late as Donaldson carries Europe's flagDutchman Joost Luiten continued his strong start to the Wales Open but was pipped to the top of the leaderboard at the end of round two by Shane Lowry, as several of Europe's Ryder Cup ch...
- Van Gaal: No United guarantees - except captain RooneyLouis van Gaal has said there are no automatic choices in his new-look Manchester United team - but revealed Wayne Rooney may get preferential treatment because he is captain
- Van Gaal: Ronaldo return always possibleLouis van Gaal would be open in bringing Cristiano Ronaldo back to Manchester United but thinks it is unlikely Real Madrid would sell the World Player of the Year
- Martinez counting on Coleman and Baines for added threatEverton full-back Seamus Coleman is on course to recover from a blow to the head in time to face Crystal Palace on Sunday, according to manager Roberto Martinez
- Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Former league boss Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Pienaar ruled outInjury has forced Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar to withdrawn from South Africa's squad due to play international friendlies this week.
- Partizan win marred by crowd troubleSerbian champions Partizan Belgrade came from behind to beat city rivals OFK 3-1 on Sunday, but their success was marred by serious crowd trouble among groups of their own fans.
- Slew set for spell on sidelinesOn-loan Oldham striker Jordan Slew suffered another injury setback during the 1-0 win over Portsmouth. Slew was hurt against Walsall and missed the Stevenage game, returning to parent cl...
- Game of Thrones tour of Dubrovnik is more than just fantasyGet to the heart of the Seven Kingdoms and discover the real King's Landing on this cruise ship excursion with a difference
- Gamescom 2013: Live updates on the news, gameplay footage, trailers and announcements from day threeIt's day three of gamescom 2013 and we have live news and updates coming direct from Cologne, Germany.
- Transfer news LIVE: All of Thursday's gossip, rumours and done deals as they happenWho? What? When? Where? How? Which? All those questions and more (possibly) answered in Thursday's transfer live blog
- Edinburgh TV festival LIVE: Follow GEITF news and live updates, as they happenLet us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below or tweeting us at @MirrorTVNews
- Ricky Gervais plans David Brent film based around hit YouTube series Learn To Play GuitarComedian is planning a David Brent film, album and world tour as he resurrects his most famous small screen character
- Little Mix join forces with Caroline Flack and tell cancer to jog onWHAT a bunch a beauties.
- Myleene Klass does the school run in animal print and heels comboNOT bad for a Monday morning.
- Peaches Geldof plays proud mummy in intimate family picturesTHEY look so content.
- Judge rules in favour of Emma Thompson in Effie court caseEMMA THOMPSON has been given the go-ahead to proceed with a movie about the lives of 19th century poet JOHN RUSKIN, his wife EFFIE GRAY and her lover, painter JOHN EVERETT MILLIAS, after...
- Eva Mendes organised special 'mothers' day' for film researchActress EVA MENDES gathered up all the mums in her life for an intensive 'mothers' day' so she could get a feel for what it's like to be a woman with a kid for her new film THE PLACE AMO...
- Lawyer allegedly photoshopped herself with celebs, faces suspensionAn LA attorney allegedly marketed herself as someone who rubs shoulders with the famous such as Bill Clinton and, um, Nick Lachey.
- Why I prefer the iPhone 6 over the 6 Plus: because the Plus can't replace the iPad Mini yetLiving with the iPhone 6, Part 2: Scott tries out the 6 Plus versus the 6 and finds that neither one really steps up to match the iPad right now, and a big reason has to do with apps.
- How to view photos shared in Facebook messagesTrying to find all the photos you've shared in a conversation on Facebook? These steps will show you how to access them on the Web and through your mobile app.
- Samsung Galaxy A5: First pictures and details allegedly surfaceThe smartphone is the first of three devices rumored to employ Samsung's new design language.
- Could this be the Samsung Galaxy A5? (pictures)This phone is rumored to be the Samsung Galaxy A5, a midrange relative of the metal-clad Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, Salmond resignsEDINBURGH (Reuters) - Scotland spurned independence in a historic referendum on Thursday, saving a union dating back over 300 years but ushering in a period of intense bargaining over Pri...
- Iran moving to comply with extended nuclear deal with powers - IAEAVIENNA (Reuters) - Iran is taking further action to comply with the terms of an extended interim agreement with six world powers over its disputed atomic activities, a U.N. nuclear watchd...
- Judge concerned over U.S. embassy bombing case guilty pleaNEW YORK (Reuters) - An Egyptian man pleaded guilty in New York on Friday to charges stemming from the deadly 1998 bombings of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania that killed 224 people.
- Kurdish leader urges world to protect Syrian town from Islamic StateDIKMETAS Turkey (Reuters) - Iraqi Kurdish leader Masoud Barzani called on Friday for international intervention to protect a Kurdish town in neighbouring Syria from Islamic State fighters...
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debutNEW YORK (Reuters) - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd's shares surged in their first day of trading on Friday as investors jumped at the chance to get in on what looks likely to be the largest I...
- The Queen: The public's love for Scotland will unite the countryThe Queen has delivered a message of reconciliation in the wake of the Scottish referendum, urging people to unite in their "enduring love of Scotland" and expressing her belief they will...
- Stand-off between pro-UK and independence supporters in Glasgow's George SquareGeorge Square in Glasgow is at the centre of a tense stand-off tonight between around 200 pro-United Kingdom and independence campaigners.
- Salmond: He will be missedHad you walked in his shoes, you wouldn't blame him. Had you lived his life, you might begin to understand. But when you pour your existence into the single answer to a single question, c...
- Tonev charged by SFA hours after Deila said matter was 'finished'Celtic winger Aleksandar Tonev has been hit with a Scottish Football Association charge over alleged racist abuse.
- Celtic winger Tonev receives SFA notice of complaint over racism rowALEKSANDAR TONEV has been hit with a notice of complaint by the SFA for allegedly having racially abused Shay Logan in last weekend's game against Aberdeen.
- Grounds maintenance teams will cut back by not cutting backThe upkeep of private ground by Perth and Kinross Council was this week described as ''ludicrous''.
- Thousands brave cold for Dundee Christmas Light Night 2011The festive season officially arrived in Dundee on Friday as around 25,000 people braved the cold for the switching-on of the Christmas lights.
- 'New' name for Dundee street would be link to medieval pastA long-abandoned medieval street name could soon return to Dundee.
- Lingerie boss Michelle Mone's Carnoustie kitchen all part of her great support for Erskine charityAn Angus couple this week told how Scottish lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone cooked for them in their home — and then did the washing up!
- VIDEO: Gordon Brown contributes to student's football-themed documentaryA Fife university student enrolled the help of the former Prime Minister to make a moving documentary about the Blue Brazil.
- Cardiff Blues v Ulster Rugby: Live updates from the Guinness Pro12 clash in the Welsh capitalFollow all the action live throughout the evening as Mark Hammett looks for a reaction from his players after last week's defeat to Glasgow
- Live: Wales breaking news, Friday 19 September, 2014The latest live news, sport, traffic, weather, comment and showbiz from Wales
- Former Cardiff City boss Dave Jones up for sensational Bluebirds return as Vincent Tan considers all optionsJones remains among the favourites to replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, with Cardiff pondering whether to introduce a director of football role
- Guto Bebb MP apologises for wrongly naming ex-Welsh Secretary's business partner as controversial blog writerTory MP Mr Bebb made the original claim during a Commons debate under the protection of Parliamentary privilege
- Police seize massive suspected cocaine haul worth more than £300,000 in Tonypandy house raidMan, 33, held for questioning after officers seize 5kg of cocaine - possibly worth up to £350,000
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland
- Kenya says Iranians held over attack plotAnti-terror police say the two men used forged Israeli passports to enter the country through its main airport.
- Russia does not want 'closed economy': PMBrussels and Washington have imposed several rounds of tough sanctions on Russia in a bid to cripple the country's economy and make Moscow change its course in Ukraine
- Air France pilots extend strike to Sept. 26Air France pilots are prolonging a walkout that has grounded more than half the airline's flights all week. Unions are angry at Air France's plans to shift much of its European...
- Three years after Somali famine, new hunger crisis loomsBy Abdi Sheikh MOGADISHU (Reuters) - When African peacekeepers and Somali troops launched an offensive against Islamist militants in Somalia's small seaside town of Marka, Rukia Nur...
- Clinton, Biden urge women to back DemocratsWASHINGTON (AP) — The upcoming fall elections would offer a clear choice for female voters on economic issues, Hillary Rodham Clinton said Friday, pointing to Democratic women as the key...
- Alex Salmond Quits After Scotland Votes NoThe First Minister says "for Scotland ... the dream shall never die" following his country's rejection of independence.Alex Salmond.
- Leaders Demand Talks On 'Injured' UK's FutureDavid Cameron promises a shake-up of the way England, Wales and Scotland are governed, but there is no timeframe for the changes.Union Jack Flag Bunting GENERIC
- Was This The Rehabilitation Of Gordon Brown?The ex-PM emerged the unlikely hero of the No campaign with the speech of his life, but will it mean a frontline politics return?The Final Day Of Campaigning For The Scottish Referendum A...
- Alice Gross: Police Search Property Near CanalForensic officers focus their attention on a property in Boston Manor Road as the search for schoolgirl Alice Gross continues.Police search for missing Alice Gross
- First French Airstrikes On IS 'Kill Dozens'French president Francois Hollande says the jets "entirely destroyed" an Islamic State logistics depot in northern Iraq.Rafale fighters
- Lowry leads in WalesNorthern Ireland’s Shane Lowry hit the front at the halfway stage of the Wales Open courtesy of a sublime second round 65 at Celtic Manor.
- Mansfield v Carlisle previewTeam news for Saturday's League Two clash between Mansfield Town and Carlisle United at the One Call Stadium.
- Van Gaal: Roo certain starterLouis van Gaal says only one player in his glittering array of attacking talent is certain of his place in the Manchester United team on Sunday – skipper Wayne Rooney.
- Accipiter comes good for WallA review of the rest of Friday's action from Ayr, where Accipiter came out on top in a photo for the Harry Rosebery Stakes.
- Bolton snap up KennyBolton Wanderers have signed goalkeeper Paddy Kenny on a short-term contract.