General News UK World News Business Sport Technology Arts and Entertainment Lifestyle Science Opinion Weird Picture Video Blogs Podcasts
- UK terror threat 'at highest since 1970s IRA plots'A UK watchdog says so-called Islamic State plans "indiscriminate attacks on innocent civilians".
- Mo Farah's coach Alberto Salazar may have breached drug rules - leaked Usada reportThe American coach of Olympic champion Mo Farah may have broken anti-doping rules to boost the performance of some of his athletes, says a leaked report.
- David Harewood: Next Doctor Who should be black or femaleActor David Harewood says Doctor Who "needs to do something different" - and he'd be up for it.
- Barclays apologises for cash machine and debit card faultsThe bank says it has now fixed problems with cash machines, in-store payments and phone banking.
- Caroline Wyatt: MS 'brain fog' lifted after stem cell treatmentCaroline Wyatt said the "brain fog began to lift" after she paid for treatment in Mexico.
- Truck plows into people at New Orleans Mardi Gras paradeAt least 28 people were injured after a truck reportedly plowed into party-goers at a Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans. Police say there is not any evidence to suspect this is terrorism
- Has Donald Trump SAVED the Oscars after eight year lowPresident Donald Trump has been cited as the saviour of the Oscars with 200 million more people set to tune in to this year's ceremony than last year's to see stars lay into the leader.
- Beluga whale upstages bride on wedding day in ConnecticutA beluga whale that was pictured swimming over to watch a happy couple tie the knot at an aquarium in Connecticut has caused the internet to go wild with a Photoshop battle, that spilled ...
- Friend of Nigel Farage 'helped the Leave campaign'Mogul Robert Mercer co-owns right-wing news organisation Breitbart and is alleged to have offered his services to Farage for free. His work was not mentioned to the electoral commission.
- OJ Simpson could be released on parole as early as OctoberOJ Simpson, who is currently serving a 33-year prison sentence at Lovelock Correctional Center in Nevada for kidnapping and robbery, could be released after nine years in October.
- Endymion parade: At least 20 injured including 12 critical after car ploughs into crowd watching Mardi GrasThe victims range from three-years-old to people in their 30s and 40s police said - the driver was arrested at the scene
- UKIP donor Arron Banks threatens to pull funding unless he's made chairman so can 'purge' membersBanks has complained that the party is run like "a jumble sale"
- Beans means bills as millions also face higher prices for bread and beer post-BrexitLager has shot up this year, with Carlsberg, Becks and Budweiser 4 per cent more expensive than a year ago.
- Tory MP delays bill to ban use of wild animals in circus showsThe head of animal welfare charity PETA has accused Christopher Chope of 'betraying animals and British citizens' after scuttling the legislation
- Heidelberg car attack: First picture of suspect brandishing knife as police forced to highlight 'non-migrant' backgroundThe 35-year-old man is a German national and police have ruled out terrorism
- Malaysia airport killing: nerve agent caused 'very serious paralysis' autopsy shows
- What is Article 50? The only explanation you need to read
- Academy Awards: what time do the Oscars start and how can I watch it?
- Nearly 30 hurt as truck ploughs into parade crowd in New Orleans
- Danish Vikings could have been economic migrants to Britain
- Warren Buffett endorses share buybacksBerkshire Hathaway chief’s annual letter says companies do not lack access to capital
- America after the Fall, Royal Academy — a perfectly pitched exhibitionDepression-era paintings contrast electrifyingly with Russian revolutionary art under the same roof
- Builders use Help to Buy to support weak marketTake-up for property scheme higher in areas where prices have fallen since 2007 peak
- Sadiq Khan nationalism warning angers SNPLondon mayor’s call for unity overshadows leader’s speech at Scottish Labour conference
- Ladbrokes loses appeal in £71m tax avoidance caseScheme exploited perceived loophole in taxation of loan relationships
- New Orleans HORROR -at least 28 injured after truck MOWS DOWN Mardi Gras crowdAT LEAST 28 people have been injured after a truck plowed through pedestrians in New Orleans.
- Neighbours reveal volcanic rages of Helen Bailey's killer Ian StewartSMILING alongside the woman he murdered, Ian Stewart shows no signs of the dark side he hid from the world.
- Nigel Farage dines with Donald Trump after PM snubs Brexiteer's ‘special relationship’NIGEL Farage has met with President Trump yet again despite Theresa May’s attempts to undermine the relationship between the political firebrands.
- Remoaner Lord Heseltine pledges to lead House of Lords bid to SCUPPER Brexit BillFORMER Deputy Prime Minister Michael Heseltine has put himself in charge of a Tory rebellion plot to make sure Theresa May cannot get on with Brexit negotiations unhindered.
- Migrant benefits ‘to be AXED under radical new Brexit immigration plans’MIGRANT benefits will be axed for new arrivals while workers in key economic sectors will receive multi-year work permits, rumours from Theresa May’s post-Brexit visa plan suggest.
- Corbyn told: take blame for Copeland byelection flop or we face disasterDeputy leader Tom Watson fears party wipeout as challenge to union ally McCluskey adds to pressure Senior Labour figures have demanded that Jeremy Corbyn orders a full postmortem on the p...
- New Orleans: dozens injured after pickup truck ploughs into parade crowdVehicle driven by a man suspected to be ‘highly intoxicated’ drove into a crowd watching the Endymion parade in the Mid-City neighbourhood At least 28 people, including a young child, we...
- Donald Trump will not attend White House correspondents' dinnerPresident caps week of conflict with press, WHCA cites first amendment Opinion: radical attack on the first amendment cannot go unanswered Donald Trump on Saturday capped a week of tumul...
- French artist living inside a rock surrounded by excrement: 'I feel completely at ease'Abraham Poincheval is attempting to survive inside a 12-tonne boulder inside a Paris art museum for a week An artist entombed inside a 12-tonne rock for nearly three days has described t...
- Revealed: how US billionaire helped to back BrexitRobert Mercer, who bankrolled Donald Trump, played key role with ‘sinister’ advice on using Facebook data The US billionaire who helped bankroll Donald Trump’s campaign for the presidenc...
- RSS Feed Moving (scotsman.com)We are about to release our new site with a new look, feel and structure. Part of this release will involve the creation of new RSS feeds and the decommissioning of the current ones. Plea...
- The Rumour Mill: Tuesday's football news and gossipIn today's Rumour Mill: All the build-up to tonight's big match in Spain; Craig Brown linked with Northern Ireland vacancy; Rangers finance boss quits; plus the rest o
- Scottish Business Briefing - Tuesday 11 October, 2011WELCOME to scotsman.com's Scottish Business Briefing. Every morning we bring you a comprehensive round-up of all news affecting business in Scotland today.
- 'My views unwelcome north of the border', says PGA chief Sandy JonesSANDY Jones, the chief executive of the PGA, has said he feels his opinions on Scottish golf are unwelcome in certain quarters and claimed the skills within his organisation a
- Interview: Lee McConnell, athleteWITH the Olympic Games now almost within touching distance, the next year is mapped out for Lee McConnell, as it is for every other athlete who hopes to be in the Great Britai
- This week's top stories [23 October 2015]Our top articles ranked by reader popularity Kim Kardashian branded 'enemy of Pope Francis' after Argentinian website misunderstands 'Pope is dope' tweet Ione Wells: How I found a way to...
- This week's top stories [16 October 2015]Our top articles ranked by reader popularity Kim Kardashian branded 'enemy of Pope Francis' after Argentinian website misunderstands 'Pope is dope' tweet Ione Wells: How I found a way to...
- This week's top stories [09 October 2015]Our top articles ranked by reader popularity Kim Kardashian branded 'enemy of Pope Francis' after Argentinian website misunderstands 'Pope is dope' tweet Ione Wells: How I found a way to...
- This week's top stories [02 October 2015]
- Ione Wells: How I found a way to help others after the nightmare of being sexually assaultedIn April this year student Ione Wells published a powerful open letter to the teenager who sexually assaulted her as she walked home in Camden, north London. Waiving her right to anonymi...
- Postmaster who was ‘chloroformed by armed thugs’ is jailed for staging the £185,000 raidPostmaster who was 'overpowered and chloroformed by armed raiders' in his corner shop is jailed for staging the £185,000 raidgeorgiadiebelius1CCTV of the staged raid in which Mohammed Iqbal allowed his shop to be targeted by robbers. he and three other men were jailed over the fake raid at Rishton Post Office, Lancs.Pictured is Mohammed Iqbal who allowed his post office to be targeted by robbers. He and three other men were jailed over the fake raid at Rishton Post Office, Lancs.Pictured is Jason Yarwood. Mohammed Iqbal allowed his post office to be targeted by robbers. He and three other men were jailed over the fake raid at Rishton Post Office, Lancs.Pictured is Avaiz Samad. Mohammed Iqbal allowed his post office to be targeted by robbers. He and three other men were jailed over the fake raid at Rishton Post Office, Lancs.Pictured is Terry Yarwood. Mohammed Iqbal allowed his post office to be targeted by robbers. He and three other men were jailed over the fake raid at Rishton Post Office, Lancs.CCTV of the staged raid in which Mohammed Iqbal allowed his shop to be targeted by robbers. he and three other men were jailed over the fake raid at Rishton Post Office, Lancs.CCTV of the staged raid in which Mohammed Iqbal allowed his shop to be targeted by robbers. he and three other men were jailed over the fake raid at Rishton Post Office, Lancs. CCTV cameras caught the crime.
- Donald Trump announces on Twitter that he will not attend annual White House dinnerDonald Trump Holds Campaign Rally In Virginia Beachgeorgiadiebelius1VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - SEPTEMBER 06: Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump pauses during a campaign event September 6, 2016 in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Trump participated in a discussion with retired Army Lieutenant General Michael Flynn. (Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images) The tradition has been in place since 1920.
- Judge praises sex offender’s family for sticking by him after child porn convictionJudge commends wife and child of paedo for standing by himjimmynsubugaukmetroA judge has praised a family for standing by a man caught with almost 900 child abuse images downloaded from the internet. nAndrew Thirlwell, 47, was told his shocked family¿s support would make his suspended prison sentence more likely to work as he grappled with his deviant behaviour. nJudge Stephen Ashurst told the ex-serviceman: ¿The support of your wife and your children for you should really be commended. n¿There are others who would simply wipe their hands of a man in these circumstances.¿ nIntelligence reports led to two other people being arrested but released with no action as Thirlwell was brought to justice last May. nnAppearing at Teesside Crown Court, Andrew Thirlwell 47 from Redcar who was given a suspended prison sentence for making indecent images of children.nThe judge at Teesside Crown Court did not give him a custodial sentence Picture: PA) (Picture: PA) Police found 879 indecent pictures and videos on his computer. Judge commends wife and child of paedo for standing by him
- ‘Lover’ of UFO investigator who died after vomiting black fluid questioned by police'Girlfriend' of British UFO conspiracy theorist, 39, who died after throwing up two litres of black liquid is questioned by policegeorgiadiebelius1(Picture: BBC) The_mysterious_death_conspiracy_theorist_Max_Spiers.jpg(Picture: Facebook) 'Girlfriend' of British UFO conspiracy theorist, 39, who died after throwing up two litres of black liquid is questioned by police(Picture: Facebook) 'Girlfriend' of British UFO conspiracy theorist, 39, who died after throwing up two litres of black liquid is questioned by police(Picture: Facebook) 'Girlfriend' of British UFO conspiracy theorist, 39, who died after throwing up two litres of black liquid is questioned by police(Picture: Facebook) 'Girlfriend' of British UFO conspiracy theorist, 39, who died after throwing up two litres of black liquid is questioned by policeBritish conspiracy theorist, 39, is found dead on a sofa in Poland just days after texting his mother to say: 'If anything happens to me, investigate' Max Spiers, 39, originally from Canterbury, was found dead in Poland He had gone to the country to talk about conspiracy theories and UFOs Medics ruled he died from natural causes despite no post-mortem His mother thinks he may have made enemies who wanted him dead Friends claimed he died in an apartment after he 'vomited a black liquid' He died on her sofa. 'Girlfriend' of British UFO conspiracy theorist, 39, who died after throwing up two litres of black liquid is questioned by police'Girlfriend' of ...
- Punters could soon be paying for their pints with their fingertipsfinger paying will wipe out bank cards - and it's already in the UKcharleswhitemetroFinger print scan for enter security system; Shutterstock ID 421670188Midsection of customer giving thumb impression to make payment in pharmacy; Shutterstock ID 304514336TO GO WITH AFP STORY by Sebastien Blanc A photo taken on September 8, 2012 shows a fingerprint reader collecting biometric data for a mobile passport-making machine at the French embassy in Beijing. The Minister responsible for French nationals abroad in Beijing has launched a mobile device for collecting biometric data, to facilitate the process of applying for passports to those who live far from their consulate. AFP PHOTO / Ed Jones (Photo credit should read Ed Jones/AFP/GettyImages) No, you can't cut someone's finger off and use it.
- Heidelberg car attack: First picture of suspect brandishing knife as police forced to highlight 'non-migrant' backgroundThe 35-year-old man is a German national and police have ruled out terrorism
- 'It's time for us to talk about this' Family of Celtic legend Billy McNeill support Sunday Mail's fight for dementia sufferersThe family hope that speaking out about Billy’s dementia, will get the issue of the condition's links to football more attention.
- Celtic great Billy McNeill's wife gives moving account of courage, heartbreak and hope as she opens up on his battle with dementiaLiz, his wife of 53 years, said: "Sometimes you will see something, a smile or a look but then it goes.”
- Hibernian 2 Dunfermline 2 as Neil Lennon blasts ref after Easter Road men blow two-goal lead - Championship round-upThe Hibs boss was furious with John Beaton as he felt he should have got a second yellow card for a foul on Lewis Stevenson.
- National Lottery results: Winning numbers for £5.6 million jackpot on Saturday, February 25Tonight's lottery could make you a very rich person - but have you got a winning ticket?
- It's England...or it's death: Migrants overpower French police at CalaisHUNDREDS more migrants have tried to storm the Channel Tunnel in the latest twist to the crisis.
- Boy, 17, drowns in canal after being chased by policeHEARTBROKEN witnesses of schoolboy's death have claimed they were prevented from trying to save the 17-year-old schoolboy who drowned in a canal.
- MH370 search boss: Wreckage 'very likely' to be from planePLANE wreckage found on a beach on the island of Reunion in the Indian Ocean is 'very likely' to be from missing flight MH370, say top officials.
- VIDEO: Man races with knife at police during domestic call outTHIS is the moment a knife-wielding man comes charging at two cops on a routine call out – and stabs one of them.
- LISTEN: Man calls 999 demanding police arrest HIS CAT after feline nabs baconA FUMING bacon buff rang police and demanded they arrest a cat after it ate his rashers.
- Ten-man Swansea defeat LaticsGylfi Sigurdsson struck either side of the interval to secure a deserved 2-0 victory for 10-man Swansea at the Premier League basement boys Wigan.
- Dunn snatches point for RoversDavid Dunn earned Blackburn a valuable point in the fight against relegation with a headed equaliser five minutes from time in a 1-1 draw against Aston Villa at Ewood Park.
- City stretch leadMario Balotelli again took centre stage as Manchester City saw off Bolton 2-0 to move five points clear at the top of the Barclays Premier League.
- Baggies pile pressure on AVBWest Brom defender Gareth McAuley increased the pressure on Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas with a late winner in the 1-0 Barclays Premier League clash at the Hawthorns.
- Van Persie bags brace at LiverpoolLiverpool paid for missing a penalty and hitting the post twice as Arsenal's Robin van Persie scored twice to snatch a late 2-1 Barclays Premier League victory at Anfield.
- The heartbreaking words of little boy told his mum had been killed in 162mph crashJoetta Shumba died after drunk Birmingham driver Martin Grant's Audi S3 hit tipper truck
- Co-op worker reveals what happened when superstar Drake walked into the Walsall supermarketStudent Josh Letford served his most famous customer EVER while working the Friday night shift at Co-op on Broadway
- The NHS crisis didn't convince Copeland voters to back Labour but it's really happeningHospitals are running massively over budget, attempting to make huge savings and keeping patients waiting on trolleys
- Why a fifth of black and enthnic minority communities are not registered to voteGroups take action to encourage black and ethnic minority communities to engage with politics
- University fees, homelessness and other issues raised at the Pop Up Parliament in New StreetWestminster visits Brum to encourage more people to get involved with politics
- To win Britain’s next EU referendum, Remainers must move on from the lastDURING his unsuccessful campaign to become president of the European Council in 2009, Tony Blair’s acolytes would boast that their man could “stop the traffic” in capitals. He was box of...
- Religious charities are stepping in as welfare is cutIN THE fourth century Julian, a Roman emperor, grumbled, as he tried to push back the Christian tide, that the “impious Galileans” looked after “not only their own poor but ours as well”...
- Growing competition between universities is changing student lifeTHE style is that of every other vlogger: breathless narration, rapid cuts between scenes, relentless cheer. “I really like visiting other universities, because I like to imagine myself ...
- Cressida Dick, the first female head of the Metropolitan Police, will not have an easy jobMay the force be with her WHEN Margaret Damer Dawson, an anti-slavery campaigner, and Nina Boyle, a suffragette journalist, joined forces to create the Women Police Service in 1914 they ...
- Letting the Lords have their sayNo French hens IT WAS certainly a majestic setting. The House of Lords was resplendent with gilt, glass, a bevy of bishops and many geriatric former politicians crammed onto its red leat...
Wall Street Journal
- Teva Bids for Mylan, Seeking to Create Biggest Generics FirmTeva Pharmaceutical has proposed to acquire rival Mylan for about $40 billion, a tie-up that would create the world’s biggest generic drug company by sales.
- Credit Suisse Profit RisesCredit Suisse posted an improved profit due, in part, to a pickup at its investment bank.
- Traders Wield Social MediaSome individual investors are building trading careers using social media as their primary tool.image
- Migrants' Trip Takes a Tragic TurnTheir overloaded and listing boat collided with a rescue vessel; its captain and a crewman have been detained.image
- Norway Steams Up Investors in PipelineInvestors in a gas pipeline are suing the government of Norway, usually seen as a safe place to do business, over changes they say will cost them billions of dollars.image
- Farah coach 'may have breached doping rules'The American coach of Olympic champion Mo Farah may have broken anti-doping rules to boost the performance of some of his athletes, says a leaked report.
- McDonnell loses challenge to join twin brother as world championGavin McDonnell fails in his bid to join his twin brother Jamie as a world champion with a majority-decision loss to Rey Vargas.
- Tyrrell Hatton: Englishman second behind Rickie Fowler at Honda ClassicEngland's Tyrrell Hatton is four shots behind leader Rickie Fowler going into the final round of the Honda Classic.
- Bayern beat Hamburg 8-0 in Ancelotti's 1,000th matchCarlo Ancelotti celebrates his 1,000th match as a manager with an 8-0 Bayern Munich victory over Hamburg, including a Robert Lewandowski hat-trick.
- Real Betis 1-2 SevillaSevilla come from behind to beat Real Betis in their local derby and move level on points with La Liga leaders Real Madrid.
- Michael Ruane's anonymity was nice while it lastedMichael Ruane has lived most of his life in poker obscurity, exactly how he wanted it. But those days are gone now that he's in the November Nine.
- WSOP: 50-year-old Cliff Josephy highlights 2016 November NineTwo-time World Series of Poker bracelet-winner Cliff Josephy is the chip leader of the 2016 WSOP main event, which reached its final table Monday.
- Vojtech Ruzicka takes top stack into Day 7 of 2016 WSOP main eventVojtech Ruzicka leads with 27 players left in the 2016 WSOP main event, with 50-year-old and two-time bracelet-winner Cliff Josephy just behind him.
- WSOP: On the brink on Day 6 of the main eventPlayers near the bottom of the chip counts on Day 6 of the WSOP main event have a paradox -- they're still in, but their chances of advancing are slim.
- WSOP: Jerry Wong holds lead with 80 left after Day 5 of main eventJerry Wong is one of three players with at least 10 million chips going into Day 6 of the 2016 WSOP main event, but it's a tight race up top.
- Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Former league boss Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Pienaar ruled outInjury has forced Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar to withdrawn from South Africa's squad due to play international friendlies this week.
- Partizan win marred by crowd troubleSerbian champions Partizan Belgrade came from behind to beat city rivals OFK 3-1 on Sunday, but their success was marred by serious crowd trouble among groups of their own fans.
- Slew set for spell on sidelinesOn-loan Oldham striker Jordan Slew suffered another injury setback during the 1-0 win over Portsmouth. Slew was hurt against Walsall and missed the Stevenage game, returning to parent cl...
- Game of Thrones tour of Dubrovnik is more than just fantasyGet to the heart of the Seven Kingdoms and discover the real King's Landing on this cruise ship excursion with a difference
- Gamescom 2013: Live updates on the news, gameplay footage, trailers and announcements from day threeIt's day three of gamescom 2013 and we have live news and updates coming direct from Cologne, Germany.
- Transfer news LIVE: All of Thursday's gossip, rumours and done deals as they happenWho? What? When? Where? How? Which? All those questions and more (possibly) answered in Thursday's transfer live blog
- Edinburgh TV festival LIVE: Follow GEITF news and live updates, as they happenLet us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below or tweeting us at @MirrorTVNews
- Ricky Gervais plans David Brent film based around hit YouTube series Learn To Play GuitarComedian is planning a David Brent film, album and world tour as he resurrects his most famous small screen character
- EastEnders Spoilers: Denise Fox faces life-changing decision ahead of baby adoption – will she change her mind?Denise has so far tried her best to carry on as normal, after weeks of drama. Denise gave birth to a baby boy last month, but the EastEnders character decided to give her son away becaus...
- Gary Lineker’s ex-wife Danielle Bux 'pregnant': Model reportedly expecting a baby with Nate GreenwaldDanielle Bux is reportedly 'pregnant' [Getty] The 37 year old, who was married to the Leicester City ace for six years, is reportedly expecting a child with US lawyer Nate Greenwald. A s...
- The Voice UK: Viewers blast ‘rude’ singer as she BLANKS fellow singer during intense battle roundSaturday night’s show saw the contestants square up in the first of the battle rounds as the judges tried to whittle down their acts. However, one contestant took the battle a little too...
- EXCLUSIVE: Heavy D confirms 'fight' with Lewis Bloor in BIZARRE twist amid Aaron Chalmers feudHeavy D has now confirmed he would 'fight' Lewis Bloor[Channel 5] And after challenging Marnie’s ex Aaron Chalmers to a fight, things have got even more bizarre from the TOWIE star. Now,...
- Saturday Night Takeaway: Ant and Dec forced to apologise as guest SWEARS live on airThe Geordie duo were back presenting their usual fun and frolics on the new series of Saturday Night Takeaway. But the family show got off to a bad start when it was rocked by a swearing...
- How to follow CNET's Mobile World Congress team on social media - CNETMobile World Congress is right around the corner, and the CNET team will be covering it from all angles on social media.
- Which film will win the 2017 visual effects Oscar? - CNET"Deepwater Horizon", "Doctor Strange", "The Jungle Book", "Kubo and the Two Strings" and "Rogue One" battle to be crowned FX experts at Sunday's Academy Awards.
- The 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE sports hardcore aero galore - RoadshowBuilt to dominate the track, the ZL1 1LE options package certainly looks the part.
- The automated floss dispenser (!) you didn't know you wanted video - CNETFlosstime is the gadget that might actually get you to floss.
- Report contradicts Uber's explanation of robocar red light slip - CNETAfter video showed an Uber self-driving car running a red light, the firm cited "human error" by the ride-along driver. But a report faults the autonomous tech.
- Despite pay revolt, BP shareholders sticking with DudleyLONDON (Reuters) - The future of Bob Dudley at the head of BP seems untarnished by shareholders' unusual rejection of his pay package as 99.6 percent of them also backed his re-appointmen...
- 'In' leads 'out' by a whisker in latest Brexit poll from YouGovLONDON (Reuters) - The "In" camp holds a one-point lead ahead of Britain's June 23 referendum on whether the country should remain in the European Union, according to an online opinion po...
- Ireland could have a government by next week - ministerDUBLIN (Reuters) - Ireland could have a government in place by next week, a senior minister from acting prime minister Enda Kenny's party said on Friday after it made some progress toward...
- Afghan air strike against Islamic State kills 40 - officialJALALABAD, Afghanistan (Reuters) - Afghan aircraft killed more than 40 fighters loyal to Islamic State in a raid in the eastern province of Nangarhar, officials said on Friday.
- G20 finance leaders under pressure to boost growthWASHINGTON (Reuters) - Financial leaders from the Group of 20 major economies scrambled on Friday for a way to keep global growth from stalling amid concerns about a drop-off in internati...
- Skull of Nosferatu director stolenThe skull of the director of 1920s silent horror movie classic Nosferatu has been stolen from his grave in Germany.
- German court finds "Bookkeeper of Auschwitz" guiltyA 94-year-old German man who worked as a bookkeeper at the Auschwitz death camp has been convicted of being an accessory to the murder of 300,000 people and sentenced to four years in pri...
- Scottish growth outstrips UK expansionSCOTTISH gross domestic product grew by 0.6 per cent in the first quarter of this year, ahead of 0.4 per cent expansion in the UK as a whole, official figures have revealed.
- Scots singer Finley Quaye kicked off-stage by music promoter for 'polluting his venue with b******t'The Scottish singer Finley Quaye, a star in the 1990s, has been ejected from the stage after the venue's owner objected to the 'bullsh*t' he was playing.
- Pub giant Wetherspoon issues warning over living wageSHARES in JD Wetherspoon fell by nearly seven per cent in morning trading after it warned the government's commitment to introducing a living wage has cast "considerable uncertainty" over...
- Grounds maintenance teams will cut back by not cutting backThe upkeep of private ground by Perth and Kinross Council was this week described as ''ludicrous''.
- Thousands brave cold for Dundee Christmas Light Night 2011The festive season officially arrived in Dundee on Friday as around 25,000 people braved the cold for the switching-on of the Christmas lights.
- 'New' name for Dundee street would be link to medieval pastA long-abandoned medieval street name could soon return to Dundee.
- Lingerie boss Michelle Mone's Carnoustie kitchen all part of her great support for Erskine charityAn Angus couple this week told how Scottish lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone cooked for them in their home — and then did the washing up!
- VIDEO: Gordon Brown contributes to student's football-themed documentaryA Fife university student enrolled the help of the former Prime Minister to make a moving documentary about the Blue Brazil.
- Two Welsh contestants on The Voice get through to the next stage of the competitionThe battle rounds have commenced and Jamie Miller and Victoria Kerley were triumphant
- Gruff Rhys and opera star Dennis O'Neill hit winning notes at this year's Wales Theatre AwardsThe odd couple headed up a glittering night of trophy giving
- Bigger tests to come as Swansea City appear well equipped for survival — view from the press boxClashes against Burnley and Hull await as the Swans succumb to Champions-elect Chelsea in West London
- Lotto results for Saturday, February 25: National Lottery winning numbers from the latest drawTonight's estimated jackpot is £5.6 m
- Cardiff City fail to grab all three points against Fulham but Neil Warnock has put smiles back on Bluebirds' facesIt was a frantic, eventful game at Cardiff City Stadium, football writer Jack Vittles reflects
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland
- One killed as man drives car into crowd in GermanyOne person has died after a man drove a car into people in a central square in the German city of Heidelberg. The suspect's motives were not immediately clear but police said there were ...
- Donald Trump will not attend White House correspondents' dinnerDonald Trump says he will not attend the White House correspondents’ dinner. Donald Trump on Saturday capped a week of tumultuous relations with the press by saying he will not attend th...
- Merkel's conservatives, Social Democrats neck-and-neck in pollGerman Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservatives and the centre-left Social Democrats (SPD) are neck-and-neck in the latest Emnid poll with seven months to go before a federal election. T...
- China's TCL brings back physical keyboard in new BlackBerryTCL Communcation's CEO Nicolas Zibell presents the new BlackBerry KEYone phone at the Mobile World Congress centre in Barcelona on February 25, 2017, before the start of the world's bigg...
- José Mourinho: my three league titles do not match Claudio Ranieri’s oneJosé Mourinho has told Claudio Ranieri his achievement at Leicester last season was bigger than all three titles he won in his two spells at Chelsea, and the people of the city will neve...
- May Leads Tory Rivals In Race To Become PMTheresa May wins the backing of the Foreign Secretary, as Boris Johnson claims Remain supporters have been consumed by "hysteria".Andrea Leadsom and Theresa May
- Corporation Tax Cut To Cushion Brexit BlowGeorge Osborne promises to slash corporation tax to at least 15%, saying Britain must show it is "still open for business".George Osborne
- Deals Worth Billions Put On Ice After BrexitThe auction of TopShop's store cards issuer has been put on hold following the EU referendum, Sky News understands.A general view shows the Tata Steel works in Scunthorpe
- Lawyers Demand Commons Vote On BrexitLawyers argue the outcome of the EU referendum is not "legally binding" without a parliamentary debate and vote.The EU and the Union flags fly outside The European Commission Representati...
- EgyptAir Crash: Human Remains Recovered At SeaHuman remains recovered at the crash site of EgyptAir flight MS804 will be handed to coroners and prosecutors at Alexandria port.Man scours sea for signs of EgyptAir debris
- WATCH: Azpilicueta gets lucky?Chelsea moved 11 points clear at the top of the Premier League with a 3-1 win over Swansea on Saturday, so surely all was plain sailing, right?
- WATCH: Clattenburg returnsReferee Mark Clattenburg returned to action for the first time since agreeing to become Saudi Arabia's new head of referees, taking charge of West Brom's 2-1 win against Bournemouth on Sa...
- WATCH: Premier League goalsWatch all of the latest Premier League highlights from Saturday including wins for Chelsea, Everton and Crystal Palace.
- 'Farrell's best still to come'Eddie Jones senses that an aura is developing around Owen Farrell and has promised England's playmaker that his most successful years are to come.
- Flawless Fowler four clearRickie Fowler put himself on course for his first PGA Tour victory in almost 18 months as Tyrrell Hatton stayed in contention in the third round of the Honda Classic.