General News UK World News Business Sport Technology Arts and Entertainment Lifestyle Science Opinion Weird Picture Video Blogs Podcasts
- UK experts to retrieve MH17 dataBritish air accident investigators will retrieve data from the black boxes of crashed flight MH17, says Prime Minister David Cameron.
- Poisoned spy death inquiry announcedThe government announces a public inquiry into the death of Alexander Litvinenko, the former KGB officer poisoned with radioactive polonium in London.
- Queen's horse fails drugs testEstimate, a racehorse owned by the Queen, has tested positive for the prohibited substance morphine.
- Selfie 'sexters' in child sex warningYoung couples who send explicit pictures of each other are threatened with prosecution under child sex laws.
- 'Disturbing' Trojan inquiry findingsNicky Morgan, the new education secretary, warns of evidence of intolerance in schools as the government's Trojan horse report is published.
- Mystery fire at The Land Rover Centre in Huddersfield destroys £100k fleetFire crews were called out to the Land Rover Centre in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, a leading supplier of restored Land Rovers.Picture shows the damage caused by a fire at the Landrover ...
- Chinese city Yumen quarantined as resident dies of BUBONIC PLAGUEAround 30,000 residents have been told they cannot leave Yumen in Gansu province following the death of a 38-year-old last week.
- Where are all the bodies? Australian air force plane and refrigerated trucks arrive in Holland to wait for MH17 victims - but Ukraine says there were only 200 recovered from the crash siteThe train pulled into a tank factory (pictured) in Kharkiv, where Dutch investigators leading a probe into the disaster are due to take charge of the bodies.Macabre delivery: Police offic...
- Giglio beauty moving to Kent to have Brit salvage expert's babyRomance has returned to the Italian isle of Giglio - with many of the salvage workers striking up relationships with local girls.Picture perfect: After meeting him while he was working to...
- Cockpit of MH17 found 'sawn in half at spot cordoned off by pro-Russian separatists for two days after attack'International monitors, who only recently gained access to the site, discovered the cockpit of the plane apparently cut in half with diesel-powered saws.Pro-Russian rebels, right, followe...
- How Karl Albrecht made Aldi a supermarket powerhouse - but never lost his thrifty waysThe discount supermarket founder never lost his thrifty ways - and even tried to count his brother's ransom against tax
- 1million in Passport Office panic over document delaysThe Passport Office fielded almost a million more calls than in the same period last year
- Parklife Weekender attack: Police issue pictures of 12 possible witnesses following death of Robert HartHe died after being punched unconscious while trying to protect his girlfriend from being constantly whacked with an inflatable toy
- Prince George's busy birthday - and a really royal partyKate Middleton took her son to Buckingham Palace before returning to Kensington Palace for his birthday party with the Queen
- Dad dresses as Spider-Man every day to give his young son a real-life action figureChristopher Lee, 35, says he had “no fun memories” of time with his dad as a boy and wanted things to be different for his own son Christopher junior, aged 3
- Castle owner who wrecked weddings of 78 couples is fined for holding unlicenced partiesProperty tycoon Robin MacDonald ignored the council's ban and continued to host events at Caverswall Castle for over two years
- Prince George's first birthday: Queen and Prince Harry attend 'low key' party at PalacePrince George becomes the first future monarch in living memory to spend first birthday with both parents
- George Harrison memorial tree in California eaten by beetlesLos Angeles tribute to Beatles star dies after being consumed by bark and ladybug beetles
- Queen's Gold Cup-winning racehorse Estimate tests positive for banned drug morphineThe Queen has been informed that Estimate, which won the Gold Cup last year and came second in this year's race, is one of five horses to test positive for the banned substance
- The Grand Budapest Hotel reviewed on TripAdvisorFor a hotel that doesn't exist, the Grand Budapest has certainly provided TripAdvisor's reviewers with plenty to write home about
- Live blog: Tim Cook on Apple earningsHopes of $100 share price scuppered
- StanChart expansion grinds to a haltBank loses out on deals to Asia rivals amid the worst drop in profits for more than 12 years
- EU rifts scupper new Russia sanctionsEmbargo meets resistance from some EU countries, particularly France, which was forced to defend its decision to continue honouring assault ships to Russia
- Microsoft earnings curbed by Nokia unitTech group’s profit margins come under pressure due to recent acquisition of the Nokia handset business
- US warned of up to 25 more tax inversionsThe backlash against the deals is growing as lawmakers attack ‘fast-buck’ artists for encouraging multinationals to redomicile overseas
- EXCLUSIVE: Migrant family of 17 on £55k a year benefits AND they want a bigger homeTHE scandal of “soft touch” Britain has been exposed by a migrant family of 17 living in a three-bedroom house.
- Queen's horse which won at Royal Ascot tests positive for banned substance morphineTHE Queen's racehorse Estimate which won at last year's prestigious Royal Ascot meet has failed a drugs test, Buckingham Palace announced tonight.
- 'Relieved and delighted' Widow of ex-KGB spy Alexander Litvinenko welcomes public enquiryTHE widow of poisoned ex-KGB spy Alexander Litvinenko said today she is "relieved and delighted" a public inquiry will be held into his death.
- Bodies of MH17 victims and black boxes handed over after deal struck with rebelsA TRAIN carrying the bodies of MH17 victims has arrived in Kharkiv, as the plane's black boxes were handed over to the authorities.
- Prince George effect! Toddler shifts attitudes to Royals as new official photos releasedHE has only just learned to walk but on his first birthday Prince George is already changing the way people in Britain view their monarchy.
- MH17: witnesses report missile system in Ukraine rebels' territory live updatesEyewitnesses tell the Guardian of likely Buk system in Torez EU foreign ministers line up new sanctions on Russians International teams receive trains carrying bodies in Kharkiv Heavy fi...
- Gaza crisis: Palestinian death toll continues to climb as ceasefire efforts stall liveUS and European airlines suspend flights into Tel Aviv Kerry in Cairo to support ceasefire: Hamas has a fundamental choice More than 600 Palestinians killed including 125 children, offic...
- Stigmatising Muslims wont solve problems in Birmingham schoolsNicky Morgans pragmatic tone as education secretary is welcome. We have to start rebuilding trust The residents of Birmingham ought to be able to sleep more easily tonight. Peter Clarkes ...
- Celtic make light work of KR Reykjavik to progress in Champions LeagueCeltic 4-0 KR Reykjavik Celtic win 5-0 on aggregate After making heavy weather of the first leg in Reykjavik against KR in Iceland Celtic wasted no time in providing more tangible proof o...
- Liverpool near loan signing of Javier Manquillo from Atlético MadridSpaniard would be Liverpools first defensive deal of summer Reds seek season-long loan with view to permanent move Liverpool hope to make their first defensive signing of the summer by se...
- RSS Feed Moving (scotsman.com)We are about to release our new site with a new look, feel and structure. Part of this release will involve the creation of new RSS feeds and the decommissioning of the current ones. Plea...
- The Rumour Mill: Tuesday's football news and gossipIn today's Rumour Mill: All the build-up to tonight's big match in Spain; Craig Brown linked with Northern Ireland vacancy; Rangers finance boss quits; plus the rest o
- Scottish Business Briefing - Tuesday 11 October, 2011WELCOME to scotsman.com's Scottish Business Briefing. Every morning we bring you a comprehensive round-up of all news affecting business in Scotland today.
- 'My views unwelcome north of the border', says PGA chief Sandy JonesSANDY Jones, the chief executive of the PGA, has said he feels his opinions on Scottish golf are unwelcome in certain quarters and claimed the skills within his organisation a
- Interview: Lee McConnell, athleteWITH the Olympic Games now almost within touching distance, the next year is mapped out for Lee McConnell, as it is for every other athlete who hopes to be in the Great Britai
- Why do we have blood types?When my parents informed me that my blood type was A+, I felt a strange sense of pride. If A+ was the top grade in school, then surely A+ was also the most excellent of blood types – a b...
- Can Secret Cinema sell 80,000 'Back to the Future' tickets?Secret Cinema, you feel, is becoming something of a misnomer. In 2007, the format launched with a one-off screening of Gus Van Sant's Paranoid Park, bringing the film's skater milieu to ...
- Noel Fielding's 'Luxury Comedy': A land of the outright bizarreNoel Fielding is standing, dressed in an apron, on the set of his E4 show. A bijou Hawaiian coffee shop has been meticulously re-created inside a vast warehouse at Three Mills Studio and...
- Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human RightsThe Dutch paedophile society MARTIJN is planning to appeal their case at the European Court of Human Rights after being banned by the Supreme Court of The Netherlands last April. The clu...
- Woman who grew cannabis in Sussex home fined £45,000A 50-year-old woman faces being jailed unless she repays tens of thousands of pounds she made by transforming her Sussex home into a cannabis factory.
- TV reporter apologises for touching victims’ belongings at MH17 sitestephenmarrColin BrazierColin Brazier Colin Brazier, of Sky News, sparked outrage when he picked through items at the Ukraine crash site.
- The Queen drops in to join George’s 1st birthday at Kensington PalaceAD_141244463.jpgstephenmarrThe QueenWilliam, Kate and GeorgeThe Prince of Wales You normally have to wait another 99 years for the Queen to take an interest in your birthday.
- ‘Fake sheikh’ suggested Tulisa sleep with him to land film rolestephenmarrTulisa Contostavlos The reporter, posing as a Bollywood movie mogul, steered the conversation to ‘celebrity prostitution’ during drinking session.
- Mum faces eight-hour school run over ten miles on 12 different busesstephenmarrBus journey Olivia Stowe, four, could not wait to move to reception in her primary school – just ten minutes from her home – so she could be with her friends from nursery. Instead, the little girl ha...
- Fancy a Lidl dram of whisky? Supermarket scotch wins gold medallidlstephenmarrlidl The £11.99 Queen Margot is among 14 drinks Lidl stock that have won International Wine and Spirit Competition awards.
- Celtic 4 KR Reykjavik 0: Ronny Deila's side show signs of progress with comprehensive win at MurrayfieldLEADING 1-0 from the first-leg in Iceland and starting the match in top gear, Celtic wasted little time as defender Virgil van Dijk helped himself to a brace within 20 minutes to ensure a...
- One Show host Matt Baker can't wait for the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony at Celtic ParkFOOTBALL fanatic Matt is looking forward to the games getting underway alongside co-host Alex Jones.
- Glasgow 2014: Judoka star Sally Conway believes 'small details' have helped her into world's top six ahead of GamesTHE 27-year-old Edinburgh Ratho fighter has made steady progress since London 2012, climbing up the rankings with consistent displays on the International Judo Federation circuit.
- Glasgow 2014: Cycling superstar Laura Trott ready to resume rivalry with Katie Archibald at GamesTHE 22-year-old, who claimed two Olympic titles at London 2012, is set for two clashes with her regular training partner in Glasgow with the pair going head-to-head in Friday's pursuit.
- Glasgow 2014: Swimmer Ross Murdoch hopes to pip Michael Jamieson to post in 100m breaststroke eventJAMIESON is favourite to win the 200m event but Murdoch is hoping to clinch victory when the pair meet in the 100m on Saturday night.
- WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT: Pakistani woman gang-raped, murdered and left hanging from a treeA WOMAN has been gang-raped, murdered and left hanging from a tree, echoing the shocking double rape and murder of two women in India last month.
- Bookies slash odds for it to be hottest summer EVER as Britain sizzles in 24 degree heatBOOKIES have slashed odds for this summer to be the hottest EVER as Brits bask in the balmy sunshine this weekend.
- 'I was a convert jihadist for al-Qaida... then I went undercover for MI5'A CONVERT jihadist who lived five whole years with al-Qaida has shockingly unmasked himself as a secret MI5 double-agent.
- VIDEO: Spectacular sinkhole swallows up homes close to World Cup stadiumA MASSIVE sinkhole has swallowed up several homes just miles from one of Brazil's World Cup stadiums.
- Cops: Serial killer could be on the loose after double murder in townCOPS investigating two murders in the same town have admitted they could have been done by the same person, as they bring in 30 Metropolitan police to help with enquiries.
- Ten-man Swansea defeat LaticsGylfi Sigurdsson struck either side of the interval to secure a deserved 2-0 victory for 10-man Swansea at the Premier League basement boys Wigan.
- Dunn snatches point for RoversDavid Dunn earned Blackburn a valuable point in the fight against relegation with a headed equaliser five minutes from time in a 1-1 draw against Aston Villa at Ewood Park.
- City stretch leadMario Balotelli again took centre stage as Manchester City saw off Bolton 2-0 to move five points clear at the top of the Barclays Premier League.
- Baggies pile pressure on AVBWest Brom defender Gareth McAuley increased the pressure on Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas with a late winner in the 1-0 Barclays Premier League clash at the Hawthorns.
- Van Persie bags brace at LiverpoolLiverpool paid for missing a penalty and hitting the post twice as Arsenal's Robin van Persie scored twice to snatch a late 2-1 Barclays Premier League victory at Anfield.
- It's lane crazy... driver stops on hard shoulder after Adele song title 'Fire' flashes up on dashboard displayConcerned motorist stops on motorway after confusing song name for car blaze warning
- Birmingham suburb Selly Oak 'like a Brazilian slum', say familiesFurious residents say Bournbrook neighbourhood like a third-world shanty town after rise in student flats
- Live: Birmingham and West Midlands breaking news, sport, weather and trafficBringing you all the latest live breaking news, sport, traffic and weather from around Birmingham and the West Midlands as it happens
- Mystery locks of hair have historians scratching their headsRiddle of Doris Felton's foot-long locks of hair preserved at Sutton Coldfield house
- TV wannabe Josie Cunningham: I stole White Dee's Celebrity Big Brother slot!Fame-hungry would-be model denies Benefits Street star turned down place in show - tweeting she 'stole' place
- Politics: Dressing up for the electionIT WAS not quite like the “night of the long knives” in 1962, when his hero, Harold Macmillan, sacked a third...
- Bagehot: Cannonball ClarkeAFTER a 40-year career at the pinnacle of Westminster, including most of Britain’s biggest jobs, Ken Clarke was on his way to enforced retirement from the cabinet. The ministerial Jaguar...
- Britain and Europe: The road to 2017Europeans: do you know this man? TO JUDGE by the reaction to this week’s job shuffle, one would think Britain’s exit from the EU was certain. Martin Schulz, the president of the European...
- Snooping: Record timeON JULY 10th David Cameron announced that the three main parties had agreed to fast-track emergency legislation intended to clarify Britain’s surveillance laws. The draft bill sailed thr...
- The Church of England: The eleventh commandmentClerics go wild SENIOR politicians of all ideological hues expressed delight at the prospect of female bishops in the Church of England after a long-awaited vote was won in the church’s ...
Wall Street Journal
- Regulators Find Litany of Problems At Deutsche Bank in U.S.Regulators have found Deutsche Bank's U.S. operations suffer from serious problems, including shoddy financial reporting, inadequate auditing and oversight and weak technology systems, ac...
- U.S. Bars Flights to Tel AvivThe U.S. barred flights to Tel Aviv for at least 24 hours after a rocket from Gaza landed near Ben Gurion Airport, angering the country's tranportation minister who accused U.S. airlines ...
- Crash Probe Slowly Taking ShapeThe Netherlands said it would take the lead in the Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 probe, though its investigators still hadn't arrived at the site as regional fighting raged on.image
- Crash Investigators Face Difficult TaskInvestigators preparing to pore over the debris of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 in eastern Ukraine face a daunting task gathering and analyzing evidence that lies in a battle zone and coul...
- U.S. Officials Lay Out Case Against RussiansU.S. intelligence officials presented their most detailed case yet Tuesday that Russian-backed Ukrainian separatists shot down a Malaysia Airlines jetliner last week.image
- Queen's horse fails drugs testEstimate, a racehorse owned by the Queen, has tested positive for the prohibited substance morphine.
- Real Madrid seal £71m Rodriguez dealReal Madrid sign World Cup Golden Boot winner James Rodriguez from Monaco for a fee that could rise to £71m.
- Man Utd in good position - WoodwardEd Woodward says servicing Manchester United's debt does not affect the running of the club because of their commercial success.
- VIDEO: Madrid fans joy at Rodriguez signingReal Madrid have signed World Cup Golden Boot winner James Rodriguez from French league club Monaco.
- Cliftonville defeated in HungaryCliftonville defender Jaimie McGovern is sent off as the Reds are beaten 2-0 by Debrecen in the Champions League qualifier.
- Van Gerwen and Wade cruise in BlackpoolMichael van Gerwen and James Wade eased into the quarter-finals of the World Matchplay with dominating performances in their respective last 16 clashes in Blackpool
- Caulker completes QPR switchSteven Caulker is Harry Redknapp's second signing of the summer after completing his move from Cardiff to QPR
- Fury to fight despite Chisora withdrawalTyson Fury insists he will still fight on Saturday despite Dereck Chisora pulling out of their scheduled WBO title eliminator clash with a fractured hand
- Hamstring injury ends Blake's seasonJamaican sprinter Yohan Blake will not race again this season after undergoing surgery on a troublesome hamstring injury
- Queen's horse Estimate tests positive for morphineEstimate, the 2013 Ascot Gold Cup winner owned by the Queen, has tested positive for banned substance morphine, Buckingham Palace has announced
- Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Former league boss Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Pienaar ruled outInjury has forced Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar to withdrawn from South Africa's squad due to play international friendlies this week.
- Partizan win marred by crowd troubleSerbian champions Partizan Belgrade came from behind to beat city rivals OFK 3-1 on Sunday, but their success was marred by serious crowd trouble among groups of their own fans.
- Slew set for spell on sidelinesOn-loan Oldham striker Jordan Slew suffered another injury setback during the 1-0 win over Portsmouth. Slew was hurt against Walsall and missed the Stevenage game, returning to parent cl...
- Game of Thrones tour of Dubrovnik is more than just fantasyGet to the heart of the Seven Kingdoms and discover the real King's Landing on this cruise ship excursion with a difference
- Gamescom 2013: Live updates on the news, gameplay footage, trailers and announcements from day threeIt's day three of gamescom 2013 and we have live news and updates coming direct from Cologne, Germany.
- Transfer news LIVE: All of Thursday's gossip, rumours and done deals as they happenWho? What? When? Where? How? Which? All those questions and more (possibly) answered in Thursday's transfer live blog
- Edinburgh TV festival LIVE: Follow GEITF news and live updates, as they happenLet us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below or tweeting us at @MirrorTVNews
- Ricky Gervais plans David Brent film based around hit YouTube series Learn To Play GuitarComedian is planning a David Brent film, album and world tour as he resurrects his most famous small screen character
- Little Mix join forces with Caroline Flack and tell cancer to jog onWHAT a bunch a beauties.
- Myleene Klass does the school run in animal print and heels comboNOT bad for a Monday morning.
- Peaches Geldof plays proud mummy in intimate family picturesTHEY look so content.
- Judge rules in favour of Emma Thompson in Effie court caseEMMA THOMPSON has been given the go-ahead to proceed with a movie about the lives of 19th century poet JOHN RUSKIN, his wife EFFIE GRAY and her lover, painter JOHN EVERETT MILLIAS, after...
- Eva Mendes organised special 'mothers' day' for film researchActress EVA MENDES gathered up all the mums in her life for an intensive 'mothers' day' so she could get a feel for what it's like to be a woman with a kid for her new film THE PLACE AMO...
- Apple posts solid Q3 profit, but iPhone sales don't wowApple sold 35.2 million iPhones during the quarter -- good, but slightly below expectations. Sales of the iPad, however, continue to slump.
- Use Airplane mode to charge your device fasterIs it a fact or fiction that enabling Airplane mode on your device will result in a faster charge? CNET's Dan Graziano seeks out the truth about charging your smartphone or tablet.
- Microsoft beats sales estimates with $23.38B, but earnings hit by Nokia dealIn Satya Nadella's first full quarter as CEO, Microsoft posts 18 percent revenue gain. But earnings per share get dinged by costs related to the acquisition of Nokia's handset business.
- Nvidia unveils Shield Tablet for gamers on the goMobile gaming continues to evolve with Nvidia's latest tablet, Netflix tests a privacy mode, and the Slingbox M1 offers an affordable way to stream TV to other screens.
- This free app wants to be your DIY security destinationHave an extra iOS device kicking around at home? The free Manything app can transform it into a security camera in seconds.
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine cityDONETSK Ukraine (Reuters) - A train carrying the remains of many of the 298 victims of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 arrived in a Ukrainian government-held city on Tuesday on the first le...
- Insight - Battered by election, Indonesia's new president faces party clashJAKARTA (Reuters) - After winning Indonesia's closest ever presidential election, Joko "Jokowi" Widodo now faces what could be his toughest battle yet - winning over his own party.
- Iraqi air strikes kill 19 around militant-held Falluja -medical officialFALLUJA Iraq (Reuters) - Iraqi government air strikes killed 19 people, including children, in Falluja on Monday and Tuesday, a health official in the militant-held city said.
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace effortsGAZA/JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel pounded targets across the Gaza Strip on Tuesday, saying no ceasefire was near as top U.S. and United Nations diplomats pursued talks on halting the figh...
- Indonesian president-elect Jokowi calls for unity after bitter electionJAKARTA (Reuters) - Joko "Jokowi" Widodo was declared the winner of Indonesia's presidential election on Tuesday, bringing the promise of major reforms to the world's third-largest democr...
- Fire at Glasgow Science Centre towerFirefighters have been called to deal with a blaze in Glasgow Science Tower, just days after the troubled facility reopened.
- Queen's horse fails drugs testA racehorse owned by the Queen has tested positive for morphine, a prohibited substance, Buckingham Palace announced.
- Wales pondering 2026 Games bidSport Wales is weighing up a bid to host the 2026 Commonwealth Games and plans to use Glasgow as a key reference point.
- Glasgow Central commuters face rush-hour chaos after rail signal faultThousands of commuters faced rush-hour chaos today after a signalling fault hit services at Glasgow's busiest railway station.
- Dunga named new Brazil coachDunga has been named successor to Luiz Felipe Scolari as Brazil coach.
- Grounds maintenance teams will cut back by not cutting backThe upkeep of private ground by Perth and Kinross Council was this week described as ''ludicrous''.
- Thousands brave cold for Dundee Christmas Light Night 2011The festive season officially arrived in Dundee on Friday as around 25,000 people braved the cold for the switching-on of the Christmas lights.
- 'New' name for Dundee street would be link to medieval pastA long-abandoned medieval street name could soon return to Dundee.
- Lingerie boss Michelle Mone's Carnoustie kitchen all part of her great support for Erskine charityAn Angus couple this week told how Scottish lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone cooked for them in their home — and then did the washing up!
- VIDEO: Gordon Brown contributes to student's football-themed documentaryA Fife university student enrolled the help of the former Prime Minister to make a moving documentary about the Blue Brazil.
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Home Office officials and Glasgow 2014 bosses defend decision to refuse Welsh boxer Fred Evans accreditationEvans has been forced out of Glasgow when his accreditation was refused after being informed he had been denied the chance to compete based on checks completed by the Home Office and Comm...
- Dan O'Neill: Barbaric attack or unfortunate accident? Depends where you live1988 saw another passenger plane shot down but the reaction from the West was markedly different
- 'His move is something we've been waiting for, we wish him all the best' - Solskjaer on former skipper Steven CaulkerCardiff City went down 3-0 in their pre-season match against Amkar Perm as last season's captain completes his move to Queens Park Rangers
- Cardiff City 0-3 Amkar Perm: How Solskjaer's Bluebirds are shaping up after their first defeat of pre-seasonTerry Phillips assesses the damage as Cardiff City suffer disappointing defeat in the third game of their pre-season tour in Austria
- AM Mohammad Asghar pressured court witness to make false statement, the High Court is toldSouth Wales East AM Mohammad Ashgar has brought a libel case against five members of a Newport mosque over allegations they made about him
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland
- CEO: Rivers to quit Clippers if Sterling staysLOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles Clippers interim CEO Richard Parsons testified Tuesday that coach Doc Rivers told him he'll quit if Donald Sterling remains the owner of the team.
- Apple revenue lags Street's view despite strong China growthBy Christina Farr and Edwin Chan SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Apple Inc posted a smaller-than-expected 6 percent rise in quarterly revenue on Tuesday, but revenue surged 28 percent in great...
- US judge urges Argentina, hedge funds to avoid defaultA newsstand owner counts Argentine pesos bills in Buenos Aires on January 24, 2014
- Lib Dems Condemn MP's Israel Twitter CommentsLiberal Democrat MP David Ward may be disciplined by his own party after he posted offensive messages about Israel on Twitter.
- Contrarian's case: Why US could dip into recessionNEW YORK (AP) — Just as the U.S. economy is strengthening, other countries are threatening to drag it down.
- MH17 Plane Crash: Around 80 Bodies 'Missing'Investigators say the search for victims must go on as US intelligence says Russia "created the conditions" for the disaster.A Malaysian air crash investigator inspects the crash site of ...
- MH17: Rebels 'Calm' As Search For Clues BeginsSeparatists are giving investigators "full access" to the crash site but a Lockerbie-style reconstruction may prove impossible.Air crash investigators arrive at the wreckage of Malaysia A...
- Airlines Halt Israel Flights Amid Rocket FireEasyJet is the latest airline to ground flights to Tel Aviv after rocket fire, as Israel urges the carriers to reconsider.Passengers near a check-in desk at Tel Aviv airport
- Gaza Conflict: Palestinians Propose Truce PlanIsraeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu urges the international community to hold militant group Hamas accountable for the latest violence.A picture taken from the southern Israeli Gaza border show...
- Queen's Gold Cup-Winning Horse Fails Drug TestBuckingham Palace says a positive test for banned substance morphine is thought to have come from a contaminated feed product.Ladies Day: Royal Ascot - Day 3
- Rogers: New mindset key to winMick Rogers highlighted a change in mental attitude in the wake of an unfounded doping charge last winter as the key factor behind securing his first Tour de France stage win.
- Hohaia injury blow for SaintsSt Helens coach Nathan Brown has revealed that Lance Hohaia will be out of action for around eight weeks.
- Stoke bag Bojan from BarcelonaStoke City have signed forward Bojan Krkic from Barcelona on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
- Garvan assessing his optionsOwen Garvan is expecting to leave Crystal Palace this summer and claims to have a number of options to consider.
- Walsh boost for SaintsSt Helens have lost stand-off Lance Hohaia for the rest of the regular Super League season but scrum-half Luke Walsh is set to return this weekend.