General News UK World News Business Sport Technology Arts and Entertainment Lifestyle Science Opinion Weird Picture Video Blogs Podcasts
- Limits on fracking in beauty spotsGovernment guidance that fracking licences can only be issued for beauty spots in "exceptional circumstances" has been given a cautious welcome by the National Trust.
- Rain, hail and lightning cause chaosLightning strikes, hail, torrential rain and flash flooding cause homes to be evacuated and bring road and rail transport to a standstill.
- Gold medal record for ScotlandScotland set a new national record of 12 Commonwealth Games gold medals midway through day five in Glasgow.
- UK 'battle group' to go to PolandThe UK is to send 1,350 personnel to Poland for exercise as part of Nato initiative, defence secretary Michael Fallon has announced.
- Man admits Help for Heroes fraudA man admits stealing £300,000 intended for the armed forces charity Help for Heroes.
- 'Miracle' baby delivered from dead mother's womb after she is killed in Israeli airstrikeThe baby girl, named by her family Shayma Shiekh al-Eid after her mother, was delivered by emergency caesarean section after her mother was killed in the airstrike, in Gaza.
- Police rescue baby from hot car after mother left child inside to go shoppingThe mother was greeted by police holding her baby, pictured, when she returned to her car outside the Parc Morfa shopping centre in Swansea. The 39-year-old left her young daughter unatte...
- MH17 victims remains may never be entirely found, say Australian policeAustralian police today admitted that it may be impossible to recover the bodies of all 298 victims as intense fighting forced international investigators back from the crash site for a s...
- Inside CR-1 Carbon caravan styled on F1 cars and FerrarisThe US-built CR-1 Carbon is a blacked-out beast that makes the traditional white camper van look miniscule in comparison.The American built CR-1 Carbon
- Royalty's in the jeans! Casual Kate, William and Harry dress down as they share a joke while watching the Commonwealth Games Prince William and wife Kate were joined by Prince Harry as they took their seat in the stands of the SSE Hydro building to watch the gymnastics this afternoon
- Dressed down Kate Middleton joins Princes William and Harry to watch gymnasts at Commonwealth GamesThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were at the Glasgow 2014 games where they watched Gymnastics at the Hydro stadium
- Live: Kate Middleton and Prince William to cheer on British athletes at the Glasgow GamesThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be joined by Prince Harry as Scotland's sporting extravaganza continues
- Pictured: Shocking moment six-month-old baby rescued by police from boiling hot carThe baby's mother was given a caution by police for leaving her daughter when it was 25C
- Health boss keeps his job despite driving at a colleague and making repeated sexual remarksBenedict Doree told one woman to 'get on this and ride it baby' while thrusting his pelvis towards her, a disciplinary hearing was told
- Miracle escape for baby who took his first steps - and FELL 9FT off a balconyJonah Murphy is lucky to be alive after his first steps turned into a first stumble
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge cheer on British gymnastsRoyal couple join Prince Harry to watch England, Wales and Scotland compete on the gymnastics floor during a visit to Glasgow
- Pictures of the day: 28 July 2014Hitchiking robots, giant pink dolphins and a poorly echidna
- Hotels named and shamed over slow, costly Wi-FiNew website lets guests test the speed of their hotel Wi-Fi, before sharing the results with fellow travellers
- Philip Seymour Hoffman and L'Wren Scott 'autopsy records hacked into'Employee at New York coroner's office claims staff viewed autopsy reports in high profile deaths
- Vietnam: readers' tips, recommendations and travel adviceReaders offer advice on holidays to Vietnam. Send us your travel tips for the chance to win a £350 holiday voucher
- Lloyds to pay out £226m over LiborGroup to pay £7.8m of compensation to Bank of England over manipulation of fees payable for a taxpayer-backed funding scheme
- Ex-Yukos shareholders awarded $50bnThe ruling in favour of a handful of Russian shareholders and an employee pension fund is set to exacerbate tensions with the west
- IMF warns pound is overvaluedInternational Monetary Fund warns that the pound is ‘overvalued’ and preventing the rebalancing of the economy away from a reliance on spending and imports
- Gaza fighting eases amid ceasefire callsWar-weary Gazans observe Eid al-Fitr, the holiday marking the close of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan after nearly three weeks of hostilities
- Ukip online shop makes £80,000 in a yearAnti-Brussels party doubles sales of party-branded merchandise including ties, umbrellas, mugs and jewellery, but range fails to stock a fridge magnet
- One is very amused! Harry has Kate and William in stitches at Commonwealth GamesTHE Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were left in stitches by cheeky Prince Harry at the Commonwealth Games today.
- Benedict Cumberbatch joins his co-stars at Comic-Con to screen trailer for The HobbitIN one of Comic-Con's most anticipated presentations Benedict Cumberbatch and his co-stars showcased the anticipated trailer of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five.
- H2-Oh! Hotel hits guest with £75 bill for three bottles of WATERA BUSINESSMAN has vowed to never return to the swanky London hotel where he was hit with a £75 bill - for three bottles of WATER.
- 'You would be absolutely terrible' Andy Murray warned mum Judy off appearing on StrictlyANDY Murray warned his mother off appearing on Strictly Come Dancing by telling her she is an awful dancer.
- Mum with NHS gastric band now demands 'fat camp' funding for her 17 stone daughterA MOTHER who has lost almost half her 38 stone weight with an NHS gastric band is now hoping taxpayers will fork out £4,500 so her daughter can go to a "fat camp".
- England v India: third Test day two live!Updates from the cricket in Southampton Send your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org Or get in touch via Twitter: @Simon_Burnton Full scoreboard from the Rose Bowl 4.22pm BST 151s...
- Commonwealth Games 2014: day five live!Live updates from all the action in Glasgow Email email@example.com Sarah Adlington loses gold medal in x-ray machine Not just fun, says English cylcing's Shane Sutton Take...
- Mark Carney: Lloyds manipulation of liquidity scheme fees is 'clearly unlawful' - business liveLloyds penalised for manipulating the fees paid for liquidity assistance set up to save the bank during the financial crisis. Mark Carney: Conduct is highly reprehensible and clearly unl...
- Ed Milibands politics of empathy means nothing without effective policiesLaudable as it may seem that Ed Miliband is taking empathy lessons from some very learned academics, its not guaranteed to make him a better politician or win him any votes Spin doctors a...
- Gaza City residents return to streets on first day of Eid as Hamas ceasefire endsIsrael's military reportedly implementing 'return fire only' policy in Gaza, as international effort intensifies to halt fighting Gaza remained relatively quiet following the end of the u...
- RSS Feed Moving (scotsman.com)We are about to release our new site with a new look, feel and structure. Part of this release will involve the creation of new RSS feeds and the decommissioning of the current ones. Plea...
- The Rumour Mill: Tuesday's football news and gossipIn today's Rumour Mill: All the build-up to tonight's big match in Spain; Craig Brown linked with Northern Ireland vacancy; Rangers finance boss quits; plus the rest o
- Scottish Business Briefing - Tuesday 11 October, 2011WELCOME to scotsman.com's Scottish Business Briefing. Every morning we bring you a comprehensive round-up of all news affecting business in Scotland today.
- 'My views unwelcome north of the border', says PGA chief Sandy JonesSANDY Jones, the chief executive of the PGA, has said he feels his opinions on Scottish golf are unwelcome in certain quarters and claimed the skills within his organisation a
- Interview: Lee McConnell, athleteWITH the Olympic Games now almost within touching distance, the next year is mapped out for Lee McConnell, as it is for every other athlete who hopes to be in the Great Britai
- Shock slump in English A-level candidates blamed on GCSE marking crisisThe number of pupils taking English at A-level has slumped this summer, with experts pinning the blame on the crisis over marking GCSE exams in the subject two years ago.
- Help for Heroes conman who pocketed £300,000 in charity donations to face 'lengthy' jail sentenceA man who tricked the public into donating £300,000 of pounds to the armed forces charity Help for Heroes, only to pocket the money himself, has been told by a judge he faces a “lengthy”...
- South Korea ferry: Six teenage girls who survived Sewol horror describe ‘floating out of cabins’ as boat filled with waterThe first of 75 school children to speak in the trial over the South Korean ferry disaster have described how they were forced to float to safety after coastguard officers refused to hel...
- BSkyb ups stake in Silicon Valley start-up JauntBSkyb has increased its investment in Silicon Valley virtual start-up Jaunt, paying $400,000 (£236,000) for a further stake, following a $350,000 outlay in December.
- Ed Balls poses with a 'pigeon' in bizarre Twitter pictureIt’s less than a week since Ed Miliband took a stand against " photo-op politics ", yet on Monday his Shadow Chancellor, Ed Balls, posted a picture to Twitter that couldn’t help but rais...
- This new app tells you where to go for one more drinkAD_141739382.jpgolliemcateerNightCapp. Thank you (Picture: NightCapp)(Picture: NightCapp)(Picture: NightCapp) No more midnight stumbles to that kebab shop you heard sells beer as well.
- Comic-Con Zombie Walk 2014 turns into real-life horror scene after apparent hit and runzombie walkmatthewpayton89(Picture: MarcoLoya37) 'The family was scared so the father drove forward again trying to get away from the angry crowd'
- Pet owners want thousands in compensation after dog slips while chasing catRebecca RichardsonjimmynsubugaukmetroRebecca Richardson, Scooby dog The owners of a dog who was injured after slipping up on grass while chasing a cat are claiming compensation from the council.
- Boob job mum Josie Cunningham loses council-funded taxi serviceJosie Cunningham (Picture: Facebook/Josie Cunningham)olliemcateerJosie Cunningham (Picture: Facebook/Josie Cunningham) Britain's favourite person Josie Cunningham has had council-funded taxi rides stripped from her, it has been reported.
- ‘The square root boy’: We bet you can’t guess what this kid can do…Square root boyjimmynsubugaukmetro A 'street kid' surprised a university student after he was able to instantly name the square roots of numbers thrown out at him.
- Glasgow 2014 LIVE: All the latest news, results and chat on Day Five at the Commonwealth GamesIT'S the busiest day of Glasgow 2014, with golds set to be handed out in nine sports, and we'll be covering every step, kick, punch and throw in our live blog.
- Scaffolding ruins kids' summer holiday funYoungsters are stuck indoors because of metal pole structure
- Glasgow 2014: Squash star Stuart Crawford is experienced head in the squad despite fearing he had blown his chanceTHE 33-year-old will line up with new blood such as Greg Lobban in the Commonwealth Games doubles on Tuesday, for which Scotland are 8th seeds.
- Doc Sharon is saddling up in memory of auntSharon Irvine, lost her aunt Christine Irvine 10 years ago
- Glasgow 2014: Team Scotland secure ANOTHER Commonwealth Games Gold medal at the Lawn BowlsALEX MARSHALL and Paul Foster secured gold in the final of the pair's contest, thrashing Malaysia 20-3 in just an hour and a half at Kelvingrove.
- WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT: Pakistani woman gang-raped, murdered and left hanging from a treeA WOMAN has been gang-raped, murdered and left hanging from a tree, echoing the shocking double rape and murder of two women in India last month.
- Bookies slash odds for it to be hottest summer EVER as Britain sizzles in 24 degree heatBOOKIES have slashed odds for this summer to be the hottest EVER as Brits bask in the balmy sunshine this weekend.
- 'I was a convert jihadist for al-Qaida... then I went undercover for MI5'A CONVERT jihadist who lived five whole years with al-Qaida has shockingly unmasked himself as a secret MI5 double-agent.
- VIDEO: Spectacular sinkhole swallows up homes close to World Cup stadiumA MASSIVE sinkhole has swallowed up several homes just miles from one of Brazil's World Cup stadiums.
- Cops: Serial killer could be on the loose after double murder in townCOPS investigating two murders in the same town have admitted they could have been done by the same person, as they bring in 30 Metropolitan police to help with enquiries.
- Ten-man Swansea defeat LaticsGylfi Sigurdsson struck either side of the interval to secure a deserved 2-0 victory for 10-man Swansea at the Premier League basement boys Wigan.
- Dunn snatches point for RoversDavid Dunn earned Blackburn a valuable point in the fight against relegation with a headed equaliser five minutes from time in a 1-1 draw against Aston Villa at Ewood Park.
- City stretch leadMario Balotelli again took centre stage as Manchester City saw off Bolton 2-0 to move five points clear at the top of the Barclays Premier League.
- Baggies pile pressure on AVBWest Brom defender Gareth McAuley increased the pressure on Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas with a late winner in the 1-0 Barclays Premier League clash at the Hawthorns.
- Van Persie bags brace at LiverpoolLiverpool paid for missing a penalty and hitting the post twice as Arsenal's Robin van Persie scored twice to snatch a late 2-1 Barclays Premier League victory at Anfield.
- Live: Birmingham and West Midlands breaking news, weather, traffic and sportBringing you all the latest live breaking news, sport, traffic and weather from around Birmingham and the West Midlands as it happens
- Concern for missing Erdington man who left home a week agoDavid Weaver was last seen on CCTV leaving his supported accommodation in Kingsbury Road, Erdington
- Palestine protesters parade along Birmingham Broad StreetMotorists waving flags descend on the heart of Birmingham's nightlife scene following city centre demonstration on Saturday
- Birmingham At War 1914-18: Jim was right in the thick of thingsJim Counsell's War 1914-18, by Michael Counsell, of Northfield, a former pupil at King Edward's school, Edgbaston.
- Birmingham At War 1914-18: Bugler finally takes place on roll of honourPrivate Joseph Belcher was one of thousands of the city's courageous men who joined up en-masse to fight in the Great War as part of the British Expeditionary Force.
- The West Coast mainline: Working on the railroadWhile you were sleeping IT IS 11 o’clock at night, and a dozen men are loading shovels and picks onto a trolley by the West Coast mainline. Two miles up the line, other workers have dug ...
- The M4 corridor: Glass half emptyON A sunny day in July, visitors to the new British headquarters of Huawei, a big Chinese telecoms firm, might think they had arrived in California. Last year the company opened an offic...
- School reform: How to tame a Trojan horseA closer watch on Birmingham PETER CLARKE, who used to spot terrorist plots for London’s Metropolitan Police, has confirmed that something ugly has been happening in Birmingham, too. In ...
- Clinical trials: Testing, testingTHE British have long been experimenting on each other: in 1747 a Scottish doctor first fed oranges to a group of scurvy-ridden sailors. But clinical trials have been moving overseas for...
- Supermarkets: Tescopoly no moreDURING his three-year tenure as Tesco’s boss, Philip Clarke cast himself as a visionary. He delivered weighty speeches urging retailers to “lead the revolution” or risk becoming “victims...
Wall Street Journal
- U.K. Emerges as Hot Spot for Tax DealsAmerica once went to war to escape British taxes. Now, U.S. companies are moving to the U.K. to pay them in a process known as inversion that is the hottest trend in mergers and acquisiti...
- Lloyds Fined Over Libor RiggingU.S. and U.K. authorities imposed roughly $370 million of fines on Lloyds Banking for attempting to rig a series of benchmark interest rates, including one that determined fees it paid to...
- Ukraine: Heavy Fighting Near Crash SiteUkraine said that heavy fighting had erupted in a string of towns around where Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crashed, as Kiev seeks to cut off the rebel stronghold of Donetsk from the rest ...
- Clash Takes High Toll on Gaza's YoungWith Gaza hospitals short of supplies and equipment, the long-term prospects for those youth with severe physical and psychological wounds are especially gloomy, doctors say.image
- Oil Prospectors Shift Back to Wealthy LandsAfter decades focusing on less-developed nations, big oil companies are piling back into wealthy countries with political stability that provides more-predictable cash flow.image
- Everton sign Bosnia midfielder BesicEverton sign Ferencvaros and Bosnia midfielder Muhamed Besic on a five-year contract for an undisclosed fee.
- Toormore seeks Glorious Goodwood winGlorious Goodwood starts on Tuesday with Toormore trying to get his career back on track in the Lennox Stakes.
- QPR question Remy medical claimsQPR boss Harry Redknapp does not think Loic Remy's £8.5m move to Liverpool collapsed over a failed medical.
- Rosberg is leading Hamilton on merit, says CoulthardLewis Hamilton is a street fighter but Nico Rosberg can cope with the pressure of a title battle, says David Coulthard.
- England win team table tennis silverEngland's men take team silver in table tennis after losing to Singapore in a repeat of the Delhi final in 2010.
- McGinley to miss USPGA ChampionshipEuropean Ryder Cup captain Paul McGinley has withdrawn from the USPGA Championship, claiming a shoulder injury leaves him unable to prepare for the tournament
- Chambers completes Arsenal switchArsenal have confirmed the signing of Calum Chambers from Southampton in a deal which could rise to £16 million
- Rodgers: Sturridge ready to be our main manDaniel Sturridge has what it takes to take on the mantle left by Luis Suarez, according to Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers
- Doubts over Liverpool's failed medical claim for RemyQueens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp says "it's not possible" that Loic Remy failed a medical at Liverpool
- Tottenham miss out on GriezmannSpanish champions Atletico Madrid have ended Tottenham's hopes of landing Antoine Griezmann by meeting the player's £24 million release clause
- Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Former league boss Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Pienaar ruled outInjury has forced Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar to withdrawn from South Africa's squad due to play international friendlies this week.
- Partizan win marred by crowd troubleSerbian champions Partizan Belgrade came from behind to beat city rivals OFK 3-1 on Sunday, but their success was marred by serious crowd trouble among groups of their own fans.
- Slew set for spell on sidelinesOn-loan Oldham striker Jordan Slew suffered another injury setback during the 1-0 win over Portsmouth. Slew was hurt against Walsall and missed the Stevenage game, returning to parent cl...
- Game of Thrones tour of Dubrovnik is more than just fantasyGet to the heart of the Seven Kingdoms and discover the real King's Landing on this cruise ship excursion with a difference
- Gamescom 2013: Live updates on the news, gameplay footage, trailers and announcements from day threeIt's day three of gamescom 2013 and we have live news and updates coming direct from Cologne, Germany.
- Transfer news LIVE: All of Thursday's gossip, rumours and done deals as they happenWho? What? When? Where? How? Which? All those questions and more (possibly) answered in Thursday's transfer live blog
- Edinburgh TV festival LIVE: Follow GEITF news and live updates, as they happenLet us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below or tweeting us at @MirrorTVNews
- Ricky Gervais plans David Brent film based around hit YouTube series Learn To Play GuitarComedian is planning a David Brent film, album and world tour as he resurrects his most famous small screen character
- Little Mix join forces with Caroline Flack and tell cancer to jog onWHAT a bunch a beauties.
- Myleene Klass does the school run in animal print and heels comboNOT bad for a Monday morning.
- Peaches Geldof plays proud mummy in intimate family picturesTHEY look so content.
- Judge rules in favour of Emma Thompson in Effie court caseEMMA THOMPSON has been given the go-ahead to proceed with a movie about the lives of 19th century poet JOHN RUSKIN, his wife EFFIE GRAY and her lover, painter JOHN EVERETT MILLIAS, after...
- Eva Mendes organised special 'mothers' day' for film researchActress EVA MENDES gathered up all the mums in her life for an intensive 'mothers' day' so she could get a feel for what it's like to be a woman with a kid for her new film THE PLACE AMO...
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer full of sand, grit, rusty rat rodsTom Hardy takes on the role of Mad Max as the sand flies in a first-look trailer for the 2015 post-apocalyptic film.
- Mozilla names Chris Beard permanent CEOThe acting CEO, hired back to Mozilla in April after a two-week crisis left the Firefox developer without a leader, will have a full slate of management and technology issues to handle.
- Exploring with tech outdoorsThis week The Fix takes fitness to a whole new level with the help of our smartphones. Try golfing, biking, or walking with these useful tips.
- Xbox One preorders launch in ChinaThe Xbox One is set to debut in China this September after the country's decision to remove a 13 year ban on gaming consoles.
- T-Mobile undercuts AT&T on 4-line, 10GB family planThe wireless carrier unveils a promotion offering more than twice the high-speed data for a four-line family plan, though only through 2015.
- Gaza fighting flares, Netanyahu and UN chief spar on truce termsGAZA/JERUSALEM (Reuters) - A fragile truce in Gaza for the Muslim Eid al-Fitr festival was fraying on Monday as Israel's prime minister said United Nations calls for a long-term ceasefire...
- Russia, Germany up diplomatic battle over Ukraine sanctionsMOSCOW/BERLIN (Reuters) - As fighting intensified in Ukraine on Monday, a diplomatic battle also raged, with Berlin warning that new European sanctions would send a "strong signal" to Mos...
- Ukraine claims more territory as fight intensifies with rebelsKIEV/DONETSK Ukraine (Reuters) - Ukraine said on Monday its troops had wrested more territory from pro-Russian rebels, advancing towards the site where Malaysian flight MH17 was brought d...
- Ryanair lifts profit forecast as quality drive pays offDUBLIN (Reuters) - Ryanair raised its full-year profit forecast on Monday as a campaign to improve service quality pulled more customers away from its struggling rivals.
- Hague court orders Russia to pay over $50 billion in Yukos caseMOSCOW/LONDON/AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - The Hague's arbitration court ruled on Monday that Russia must pay a group of shareholders in oil giant Yukos $51.6 billion (30.39 billion pounds) for ...
- Man, 23, on attempted murder chargeA man has appeared in court charged with attempted murder after an 85-year-old woman was found with serious injuries at her home.
- Study: undecided voters more likely to back indy...but not by enough for YesUndecided voters are more likely to back independence, but not in high enough numbers to win a Yes vote in the referendum, according to new research.
- One Direction star receives death threats after posting message in support of Palestine on TwitterOne Direction singer Zayn Malik has received a backlash of abusive messages after he posted a Twitter message in support of Palestine.
- Arsenal sign Calum Chambers from SouthamptonArsenal have signed full-back Calum Chambers from Southampton for an undisclosed fee, the London club have announced.
- Ryanair raises profit guidanceRyanair raised its full-year profits guidance today after more than doubling first- quarter earnings and setting out aggressive plans for expansion in Europe.
- Grounds maintenance teams will cut back by not cutting backThe upkeep of private ground by Perth and Kinross Council was this week described as ''ludicrous''.
- Thousands brave cold for Dundee Christmas Light Night 2011The festive season officially arrived in Dundee on Friday as around 25,000 people braved the cold for the switching-on of the Christmas lights.
- 'New' name for Dundee street would be link to medieval pastA long-abandoned medieval street name could soon return to Dundee.
- Lingerie boss Michelle Mone's Carnoustie kitchen all part of her great support for Erskine charityAn Angus couple this week told how Scottish lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone cooked for them in their home — and then did the washing up!
- VIDEO: Gordon Brown contributes to student's football-themed documentaryA Fife university student enrolled the help of the former Prime Minister to make a moving documentary about the Blue Brazil.
- Commonwealth Games 2014 LIVE: Latest news and updates as Aled Davies wins Welsh silverKeep in touch with all the latest news from Glasgow as Team Wales looks to build on a weekend of medal success
- The Big Bite: Two-day food festival heads to PontypriddTV favourites The Chiappa Sisters will be at the Ynysangharad War Memorial Park event showing off their Italian foods
- Cardiff Airport: All you need to know about car parkingOff on your hols? Lucky you, don't panic about parking, here's all you need to know
- Head teachers warn: Wales' schools are 'in for tough time' as funding cuts biteSchool leaders' union ASCL Cymru calls for 'plain speaking' as Welsh Government considers changes to education budget
- Best new music in Wales: An hour of brilliant new sounds straight from us to youThis week we introduce you to 18 fantastic tracks showcasing the best new sounds from Wales
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland
- AP PHOTOS: Coal-exporting town fights rising seasNORFOLK, Va. (AP) — Norfolk is trapped between the causes and consequences of global warming.
- Nigeria isolates Lagos hospital where Ebola victim diedBy Tim Cocks LAGOS (Reuters) - The Nigerian city of Lagos on Monday shut down and quarantined a hospital where a man died of Ebola in the first recorded case of the highly infectious dis...
- Israel Blames Hamas For Gaza Hospital StrikeIsrael has accused Hamas of misfiring two rockets - one of which struck Gaza's main hospital and the other a refugee camp, killing seven children. Palestinian police and medics had ...
- Lloyds 'Risks Criminal Action' In Rigging CaseThe Bank of England (BoE) governor has warned Lloyds Banking Group that "clearly unlawful" conduct over fee manipulation may amount to criminal behaviour as it was fined more than £200m....
- Commerzbank to cut more jobs in tougher revamp plan - sourcesBy Arno Schuetze and Alexander Hübner FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Commerzbank AG , Germany's second-biggest bank, is widening the scope of its cost-cutting programme and plans to shed mor...
- MH17 Black Boxes: Plane 'Hit By Shrapnel'The doomed airliner suffered catastrophic loss of pressure after being hit by fragments from a missile, says Ukraine.MH17 disaster
- Gaza Strikes Resume As UN Calls For CeasefireIsraeli fighter jets target three sites in Gaza, as the UN Security Council urges both sides to agree to an immediate truce.An Israeli armoured personnel carrier drives back into Israel a...
- 'Rivers Of Hail' As Freak Storm Sweeps CoastLightning, hailstones and flooding leave commuters stranded and lead to hundreds of calls to emergency services.Brighton storm
- Crashing Plane Kills Dad Walking With DaughterThe man was celebrating his wedding anniversary and was walking with his nine-year-old daughter when the tragedy happened.First responders at the scene of a single engine Piper Cherokee p...
- Man Dies As Lightning Hits California BeachgoersPanic breaks out at California's famous Venice Beach as the sky suddenly darkens and lightning strikes swimmers and beachgoers.Lightning strikes at Venice Beach
- Monk: Bony not for saleSwansea City boss Garry Monk is adamant that only an “astronomical” bid could prise striker Wilfried Bony away from the club this summer.
- Winner Taylor hungry for moreWorld Matchplay champion Phil Taylor is not resting on his laurels and is targeting another tilt at the world crown.
- South Africa top Test rankingsA combination of thunderstorms and stoic resistance helped South Africa regain the world No 1 Test ranking as their second Test against Sri Lanka ended in a stalemate after a tense finale...
- Dickov hopes for Coppinger dealDoncaster boss Paul Dickov hopes James Husband's departure will pave the way for the club to re-sign James Coppinger.
- Wolff: Nico could have wonToto Wolff admits Lewis Hamilton’s decision not to let Nico Rosberg past during the Hungarian Grand Prix may have cost Mercedes victory.