General News UK World News Business Sport Technology Arts and Entertainment Lifestyle Science Opinion Weird Picture Video Blogs Podcasts
- Cameron in warning to Calais migrantsThe UK will not become a "safe haven" for migrants in Calais, David Cameron warns, after hundreds continued attempts to reach the country overnight.
- Teen guilty of mass murder bomb plotA 19-year-old is found guilty of plotting mass murder at a Newcastle college using pipe bombs and a Glock handgun.
- Top Gear: Ex-hosts sign Amazon dealFormer Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May sign up to present a new show on Amazon's streaming service.
- No issue with Farah - UK Athletics
- 'No references' for bin lorry driverThe Glasgow bin lorry inquiry into the deaths of six people hears the driver had no references on his file and was suspended from his former job.
- Glamorous women don supersized headgear at Glorious GoodwoodDay three of the famous race meeting at Chichester dawned sunny and bright - but the strong breeze caught a few well-dressed racegoers surprise.
- Amazon signs deal with Top Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond for new showThe presenters have signed a deal with the online giant to present three seasons of the as-yet untitled programme, with work on the first series expected to begin this autumn.
- British police stop a lorry on the M20 just 15 miles from Folkestone and arrest up to 12 migrants as patrols are stepped up on both sides on The Channel after days of migrants storming the tunnelThe Slovenian-registered vehicle was pulled over just outside Ashford and the group in the back are believed to be among the growing number of migrants getting to Britain via Calais.
- Guy Ritchie and Jacqui Ainsley's wedding preparations get underway at their estateLeading the way at Guy Ritchie and Jacqui Ainsley's wedding on Thursday were the likes of David Beckham and Jemima Khan.
- Apprentice contestant Stuart Baggs dead aged 27The 27-year-old, who was known for his nickname 'The Brand', was the BBC show's youngest ever contestant when he appeared on the sixth series in 2010 aged just 21.
- Mum speaks of heartbreak after she turned twin's life support off and took his brother homeDemi May, 21, spent 100 days watching her little baby Harley fight for his life - but doctors said he had no chance of survival
- Smoking man on mobility scooter evade cops in world's lowest-speed police chaseIn the video above Graham Ley refuses to acknowledge the chasing Ohio officers and even gives a camera the thumbs-up when he passes
- 'You picked the wrong guy': Reporter tracks down and confronts 'fraudster' who stole his credit cardPolice were on hand when an alleged credit card con artist was picked up - but that wasn't enough for TV news man Steve Noviello
- UK weather: Mini heatwave set to hit Britain with mercury set to sizzle at 28CThis weekend there should be a break from the grim July weather that the UK has been suffering in the last week or so
- Shane Tunney murder: Man died after 'vicious assault sparked by youths throwing rotten food from Tesco rooftop'A murder investigation has been launched after Shane Tunney, 24, died in hospital yesterday - five weeks after suffering serious head injuries
- Manchester is the best place in Britain to be a man, Grimsby is the worstManchester has been declared the best place to be a man, after Shortlist magazine asked male readers to outline their criteria for choosing a place to live
- Donald Trump: Labour's Jeremy Corbyn is 'OK'Controversial US presidential candidate on being likened to UK left-winger Jeremy Corbyn and winning the Hispanic vote
- Luxury UK beach huts: four of the best seaside chaletsFour of Britain's best luxury beach chalets, as chosen by Francesca Syz
- Victim of crash that police failed to respond to remembered as "loveable rogue"Funeral held for father-of-four John Yuill who lay dead in car for three days beside injured girlfriend
- £500,000 project to save 1,200-year-old mosque threatened by Islamic StateUnesco and Iraqi authorities have agreed a $1million project to restore the "emblematic" heritage site of Samarra
- Tsipras calls Syriza bailout referendumGreek prime minister throws down challenge to critics in his party
- Spanish and Irish recoveries accelerateTwo of the hardest hit eurozone economies are now among the strongest performers
- IMF cannot join Greek rescue, board toldMove might delay decision on new programme for country
- US economy rebounds with 2.3% growthRevisions show the recovery has been slower than previously thought
- Schäuble plan limits EU Commission powersGerman proposal is response to EU body’s political shift
- Team probing MH370 plane wreckage on Reunion island flee for lives as volcano blowsThe team examining wreckage believed to be a downed Malaysian Airways plane has been forced to abandon the investigation and flee for their lives as massive volcano set to erupt, scienti...
- Plane wreckage found on Reunion Island IS Malaysia Airlines MH370...and HERE is the PROOFMUSSEL-LIKE shellfish growing on the aircraft wing which washed-up on the Indian Ocean island of Reunion PROVES it is part of missing Malaysia Airlines MH370, a leading marine biologist ...
- What would Judy say? Chloe Madeley strips completely NAKED as she prunes the rosesCHLOE MADELEY first got into fitness after she bet her ex-boyfriend that he wouldn't be able to make her look like Britney Spears.
- PICTURES: Surf girl performs amazing poses while balanced on hunk riding the wavesIT takes a lot of skill to surf a wave normally on a surfboard but to hold different shapes in the air on the shoulders of a partner is even more challenging.
- Cuckoo population given a boost by desert stormsDESERT storms have helped some of our long distance migrant birds enjoy one of the best nesting seasons for years.
- Ashes 2015: England v Australia, third Test, day two – live!Over-by-over updates from the third Ashes Test at Edgbaston Click here for the full scoreboard from the third Test Email email@example.com or tweet @niallmcveigh 4.46p...
- Many dentists need to decompress. That's no excuse for killing Cecil the Lion | Misee HarrisAfter an arduous med-school journey, we find ourselves in a profession that I, for one, often struggle to find rewarding It’s good to be a dentist, or so it would seem: US News ranks it ...
- Several California wildfires rage on as evacuations orderedAbout 500 people in Lake County forced to leave as blaze that broke out Wednesday afternoon has not been contained at all as of Thursday morning A fast-spreading wildfire in northern Cal...
- China doesn’t want to suppress Christianity – just control it | Andrew BrownThe recent removal of crosses won’t be the last wave of persecution. The Communist party is keen to decide who runs the churches in its country When considering the latest outbreak of per...
- How do I tell the person I'm dating I want him to delete his Tinder profile?Swipe Right is our advice column that tackles the tricky world of online dating. This week: Eva advises on the bold decision to admit your true feelings Got your own online dating quanda...
- RSS Feed Moving (scotsman.com)We are about to release our new site with a new look, feel and structure. Part of this release will involve the creation of new RSS feeds and the decommissioning of the current ones. Plea...
- The Rumour Mill: Tuesday's football news and gossipIn today's Rumour Mill: All the build-up to tonight's big match in Spain; Craig Brown linked with Northern Ireland vacancy; Rangers finance boss quits; plus the rest o
- Scottish Business Briefing - Tuesday 11 October, 2011WELCOME to scotsman.com's Scottish Business Briefing. Every morning we bring you a comprehensive round-up of all news affecting business in Scotland today.
- 'My views unwelcome north of the border', says PGA chief Sandy JonesSANDY Jones, the chief executive of the PGA, has said he feels his opinions on Scottish golf are unwelcome in certain quarters and claimed the skills within his organisation a
- Interview: Lee McConnell, athleteWITH the Olympic Games now almost within touching distance, the next year is mapped out for Lee McConnell, as it is for every other athlete who hopes to be in the Great Britai
- Stuart Baggs death: Alan Sugar, celebrities and former Apprentice contestants pay tributeTributes to Stuart Baggs from friends and former Apprentice contestants have begun to pour in following his death at the age of 27.
- Morrissey claims he was sexually assaulted by a member of staff at San Francisco AirportMorrissey has claimed he was sexually assaulted by a member of staff at San Francisco International Airport earlier this week.
- UK force's policy of detention in Afghanistan was unlawful, Court of Appeal upholdsThe Court of Appeal has unanimously confirmed that the UK forces use of detention in Afghanistan was unlawful, following an appeal by the British government.
- Barter booms in cash-strapped rural Greece for the first time since Nazi occupationThe barter economy is growing in Greece after a bank shutdown has left many struggling to maintain businesses with limited cash.
- Liam Lyburd: Teenager found guilty of college massacre plotA teenager has been found guilty of plotting a massacre at his former college after he collected an arsenal of weapons.
- Knife-wielding man caught on camera trying to stab police officerSTABBY STABBYharryacrLee Vickers twice tried to knife PC Alex Prentice when confronted outside a house.
- People are sharing the first and last photos of their pets and it’s emotional1amywillisAD176549654image001AD176551412image001AD176551516image001AD176551561image001AD176551794image001AD176551933image001AD176552011image001AD176551847image001AD176551802image001AD176551587image001AD176551414image001AD176551712image0016 Grab a tissue. 65432AD176549654image001AD176551412image001AD176551516image001AD176551561image001AD176551794image001AD176551933image001AD176552011image001AD176551847image001AD176551802imag...
- Famous last words: This is the advice dying people give most frequently from their deathbedsThis is the advice dying people give most frequently on their deathbedsnicolemorleyad_165272028 copy.PNGad_132933843-e1398165590381 copy.PNGip_2192551-e1426107096371 copy.PNGay_55227519 copy.PNGpm_2579606 copy.PNGrosebud copy.pngad_138809344 copy.PNGelib_4514519 copy.PNG27_wickerman.w215.h143.2x copy.PNG HINT: It's not 'The seed is strong'. beesrosebud3291-0000253291-000025
- Girls catfish Isis for cash to go travellingmuslim woman on computer isis scamharryacr(Picture: Life News)(Picture: AP) Bold. life newsisis recruiters ap
- Woman went in for hysterectomy and came out with missing teethAD_176732062.jpgolliemcateerClare Jones from Clayton, Staffordshire, who went into hospital for a Hysterectomy operation but awoke to find she had lost 2 teeth during the operation. A hospital patient says she has been left unable to smile after she came round from a hysterectomy operation - to find surgeons had also removed her TEETH. See NTI story NTITEETH. Furious Clare Jones, 47, was shocked to find she had a gaping hole in her mouth and bleeding gums after undergoing routine keyhole surgery on July 15. The mum-of-two signed a declaration confirming she had one denture, which was taken out before she went under the knife at Royal Stoke University Hospital. But she was left stunned when she came around and realised another two front teeth had been removed while she was in theatre. Medics at the hospital could not explain what had happened and she has now been told an investigation to uncover the truth could take two months. Clare, who lives partner Nigel Morris, 47, in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs., has now launched a formal complaint.Clare Jones from Clayton, Staffordshire, who went into hospital for a Hysterectomy operation but awoke to find she had lost 2 teeth during the operation. A hospital patient says she has been left unable to smile after she came round from a hysterectomy operation - to find surgeons had also removed her TEETH. See NTI story NTITEETH. Furious Clare Jones, 47, was shocked to find she had a gaping hole in her mouth and bleeding gums after undergoing routine keyhole surgery on July 15. The mum-of-two signed a declaration confirming she had one denture, which was taken out before she went under the knife at Royal Stoke University Hospital. But she was left stunned when she came around and realised another two front teeth had been removed while she was in theatre. Medics at the hospital could not explain what had happened and she has now been told an investigation to uncover the truth could take two months. Clare, who lives partner Nigel Morris, 47, in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs., has now launched a formal complaint.FotorCreatedClare Jones from Clayton, Staffordshire, who went into hospital for a Hysterectomy operation but awoke to find she had lost 2 teeth during the operation. A hospital patient says she has been left unable to smile after she came round from a hysterectomy operation - to find surgeons had also removed her TEETH. See NTI story NTITEETH. Furious Clare Jones, 47, was shocked to find she had a gaping hole in her mouth and bleeding gums after undergoing routine keyhole surgery on July 15. The mum-of-two signed a declaration confirming she had one denture, which was taken out before she went under the knife at Royal Stoke University Hospital. But she was left stunned when she came around and realised another two front teeth had been removed while she was in theatre. Medics at the hospital could not explain what had happened and she has now been told an investigation to uncover the truth could take two months. Clare, who lives partner Nigel Morris, 47, in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs., has now launched a formal complaint. Clare Jones, 47, lost two teeth and no-one can tell her why. FotorCreated
- FC Kairat Almaty v Aberdeen LIVE: UEFA Europa League third qualifying roundTHE Dons are in Kazakhstan tonight, facing Kairat Almaty in the opening leg of their European qualifier. Live coverage starts here at 4.15pm.
- Fan Dabi Dozi: The Krankies to star on BBC quiz show Pointless Celebrities on Christmas EveIT'S going to be a busy festive period for Ian and Janette Tough who are also appearing in this year's Clyde Auditorium panto, Peter Pan.
- Search for MH370: Debris found on Reunion 'very likely' from Boeing 777MALAYSIA'S prime minister Najib Razak said the wing found on the island in the Indian Ocean is likely to be from a plane like the one which vanished in March 2014 with 239 peop...
- Sports Hotline: Would Alan Stubbs be as loyal as he's expecting Scott Allan to be if a big club came calling?HIBS manager is in the line of fire from our callers but he's not alone as Celtic boss Ronny Deila gets some flak too.
- Clackmannanshire family left having to fundraise after nightmare building fiasco leaves them £15k out of pocketKerrie Milne and her partner Owen Keen were left with a £15,000 home extension deemed both dangerous and uninhabitable.
- BREAKING: Disgraced Lord Sewel resigns from House of Lords over drug scandalDISGRACED Lord Sewel has resigned from the House of Lords after he was secretly filmed allegedly snorting cocaine with prostitutes.
- Cheryl sparks new health fears as she appears 'gaunt and frail' at X Factor shootCHERYL Fernandez-Versini has sparked more health fears after she appeared looking “gaunt and frail” at a TV shoot for X Factor.
- PICTURED: Fat cat becomes famous after shedding more than half his weightA FAT cat dubbed Skinny has become the talk of the town after losing more than half of his weight.
- Brit tourists in Turkey at risk from terrorist attacks on trains and busesBRIT tourists visiting Turkey have been urged to stay away from public transport amid fears of terrorist attacks.
- Depressed patients asking doctors for help to die, report revealsDEPRESSED patients are asking doctors for help to die so they can end their "unbearable suffering", a shocking new report has revealed.
- Ten-man Swansea defeat LaticsGylfi Sigurdsson struck either side of the interval to secure a deserved 2-0 victory for 10-man Swansea at the Premier League basement boys Wigan.
- Dunn snatches point for RoversDavid Dunn earned Blackburn a valuable point in the fight against relegation with a headed equaliser five minutes from time in a 1-1 draw against Aston Villa at Ewood Park.
- City stretch leadMario Balotelli again took centre stage as Manchester City saw off Bolton 2-0 to move five points clear at the top of the Barclays Premier League.
- Baggies pile pressure on AVBWest Brom defender Gareth McAuley increased the pressure on Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas with a late winner in the 1-0 Barclays Premier League clash at the Hawthorns.
- Van Persie bags brace at LiverpoolLiverpool paid for missing a penalty and hitting the post twice as Arsenal's Robin van Persie scored twice to snatch a late 2-1 Barclays Premier League victory at Anfield.
- Review: Professor Green at 02 Academy, BirminghamRapper Professor Green showed energy and enthusiasm in his Birmingham performance
- Lap dancing plan in Birmingham rejected after protests from blind charityBlind charity protests lead to application for Lace Gentlemens Club on John Bright Street being rejected
- Letisha Shakespeare and Charlene Ellis memorial education annual award scheme to endThe award scheme was set up in 2006 to help disadvantaged students achieve their career goals
- Man who died after suspected hit-and-run accident is namedPolice question 18-year-old after body found in Rugeley
- Kings Norton church sealed off after sex attackPolice investigate sexual assault near church at Kings Norton
- London is workingWHEN workers on the London Underground go on strike, Britain’s capital becomes an odd cocktail of the miserable and the carnivalesque. Blitz-era double-decker buses are drafted back into...
- Cleaning upGUESTS who check in to the Wizard Chambers at the Georgian House Hotel in central London don’t just get any old greeting at reception. They descend into a basement guided by candles, to ...
- Bombing alongJust the thing for St James’s Street THE perils of London’s roads do not usually extend beyond potholes and traffic jams. But a new car showroom due to open on July 30th in the city’s We...
- Dirty dens“THERE is no place for dirty money in Britain…London is not a place to stash your dodgy cash,” thundered David Cameron in a speech this week. The prime minister’s particular focus was th...
- FrailerBRITONS are living to a riper age—but not without help. As the population greys, more people are needing assistance with washing, dressing and other aspects of their daily care. The King...
Wall Street Journal
- Teva Bids for Mylan, Seeking to Create Biggest Generics FirmTeva Pharmaceutical has proposed to acquire rival Mylan for about $40 billion, a tie-up that would create the world’s biggest generic drug company by sales.
- Credit Suisse Profit RisesCredit Suisse posted an improved profit due, in part, to a pickup at its investment bank.
- Traders Wield Social MediaSome individual investors are building trading careers using social media as their primary tool.image
- Migrants' Trip Takes a Tragic TurnTheir overloaded and listing boat collided with a rescue vessel; its captain and a crewman have been detained.image
- Norway Steams Up Investors in PipelineInvestors in a gas pipeline are suing the government of Norway, usually seen as a safe place to do business, over changes they say will cost them billions of dollars.image
- Maxwell hits ton as Yorks beat WorcsGlenn Maxwell blasts a 71-ball century as Yorkshire beat Worcestershire by 133 runs in the One-Day Cup at New Road.
- Blackpool fined for pitch invasionBlackpool are fined £50,000 for the pitch invasion that caused their game against Huddersfield in May to be abandoned.
- Hull's Watts could face biting banHull FC's Liam Watts could miss eight games after a Grade E biting charge from the Rugby Football League disciplinary panel.
- Storey wins para-cycling world goldBritain's Dame Sarah Storey takes gold in the time trial at the Para-Cycling Road World Championships.
- Luiz wants Di Maria at PSGDavid Luiz "hopes" Angel Di Maria will join him at Paris St-Germain as Laurent Blanc says a move for the winger is close.
- 2015 WSOP National Championship - Paul Sokoloff goes for goldIt may have taken a few decades, but Paul Sokoloff is ready to take the leap and become a superstar at the 2015 WSOP National Championship.
- 2015 WSOP - Joe McKeehen leads November NineJoe McKeehen owned the final day of the WSOP main event in July and holds a massive chip lead heading into the final table in November.
- 2015 WSOP - Kearney leads the final 27 players after Day 6Thomas Kearney holds the lead as the 2015 WSOP main event field is down to the final 27 players.
- 2015 WSOP - Neuville leads final 69 players after Day 5Daniel Negreanu, Brian Hastings, Pierre Neuville and 66 others are still in contention at the WSOP main event after Day 5
- WSOP main event Day 4 recap: McKeehan leadsJoe McKeehan and Upeshka De Silva top the World Series of Poker Main Event leaderboard after four days. Lance Bradley breaks down all of the action.
- Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Former league boss Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Pienaar ruled outInjury has forced Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar to withdrawn from South Africa's squad due to play international friendlies this week.
- Partizan win marred by crowd troubleSerbian champions Partizan Belgrade came from behind to beat city rivals OFK 3-1 on Sunday, but their success was marred by serious crowd trouble among groups of their own fans.
- Slew set for spell on sidelinesOn-loan Oldham striker Jordan Slew suffered another injury setback during the 1-0 win over Portsmouth. Slew was hurt against Walsall and missed the Stevenage game, returning to parent cl...
- Game of Thrones tour of Dubrovnik is more than just fantasyGet to the heart of the Seven Kingdoms and discover the real King's Landing on this cruise ship excursion with a difference
- Gamescom 2013: Live updates on the news, gameplay footage, trailers and announcements from day threeIt's day three of gamescom 2013 and we have live news and updates coming direct from Cologne, Germany.
- Transfer news LIVE: All of Thursday's gossip, rumours and done deals as they happenWho? What? When? Where? How? Which? All those questions and more (possibly) answered in Thursday's transfer live blog
- Edinburgh TV festival LIVE: Follow GEITF news and live updates, as they happenLet us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below or tweeting us at @MirrorTVNews
- Ricky Gervais plans David Brent film based around hit YouTube series Learn To Play GuitarComedian is planning a David Brent film, album and world tour as he resurrects his most famous small screen character
- Little Mix join forces with Caroline Flack and tell cancer to jog onWHAT a bunch a beauties.
- Myleene Klass does the school run in animal print and heels comboNOT bad for a Monday morning.
- Peaches Geldof plays proud mummy in intimate family picturesTHEY look so content.
- Judge rules in favour of Emma Thompson in Effie court caseEMMA THOMPSON has been given the go-ahead to proceed with a movie about the lives of 19th century poet JOHN RUSKIN, his wife EFFIE GRAY and her lover, painter JOHN EVERETT MILLIAS, after...
- Eva Mendes organised special 'mothers' day' for film researchActress EVA MENDES gathered up all the mums in her life for an intensive 'mothers' day' so she could get a feel for what it's like to be a woman with a kid for her new film THE PLACE AMO...
- IBM's Watson wants to make you healthier in deal with CVS HealthCVS and IBM will use Watson's computational abilities to do a better job of predicting possible health issues and give patients recommendations on how to stay healthy.
- The Lotus Evora 400 might make you reconsider ordering that PorscheThe new Lotus Evora 400 gives the existing model a makeover and delivers a car that handles as good as it looks. Could this now finally be the contender to take on the 911 that it always ...
- How to enable 'Hey, Cortana' on Windows 10There's a switch you'll need to enable before you can get Cortana's attention from across the room.
- NASA's Golden Record made for alien ears now on SoundCloudAn album full of dogs, weather and human noises meant for the listening enjoyment of extraterrestrials is now available in its entirely for online streaming.
- China's Huawei overtakes Microsoft as world's No. 3 mobile phone vendorA higher market share for Huawei and a lower one for Microsoft have reversed the global rankings of the two, says research firm Strategy Analytics.
- Indian Ocean debris almost certainly from Boeing 777 - MalaysiaSAINT-DENIS, Reunion (Reuters) - Malaysia is "almost certain" plane debris washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Reunion is part of a Boeing 777, its deputy transport minister said, hei...
- Eurosceptic Farage says pro-EU campaign is stealing a march on 'No'LONDON (Reuters) - Eurosceptics who want Britain to quit the European Union are letting pro-EU campaigners get a head start in mobilising opinion ahead of an In/Out referendum that could ...
- IMF board says Fund cannot join Greece bailout talks now - FTWASHINGTON (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund can participate in discussions over the latest financial rescue for Greece but cannot officially join the talks until after the fisc...
- Afghan Taliban name a new leader, but peace talks delayedPESHAWAR, Pakistan (Reuters) - The Taliban have chosen late supreme leader Mullah Omar's longtime deputy to replace him, two militant commanders said on Thursday, as Pakistan announced th...
- After Russia U.N. veto, countries seek court for Flight MH17 prosecutionsAMSTERDAM (Reuters) - The five countries investigating the downing of a Malaysian airliner over Ukraine a year ago are considering setting up an independent international tribunal after R...
- Skull of Nosferatu director stolenThe skull of the director of 1920s silent horror movie classic Nosferatu has been stolen from his grave in Germany.
- German court finds "Bookkeeper of Auschwitz" guiltyA 94-year-old German man who worked as a bookkeeper at the Auschwitz death camp has been convicted of being an accessory to the murder of 300,000 people and sentenced to four years in pri...
- Scottish growth outstrips UK expansionSCOTTISH gross domestic product grew by 0.6 per cent in the first quarter of this year, ahead of 0.4 per cent expansion in the UK as a whole, official figures have revealed.
- Scots singer Finley Quaye kicked off-stage by music promoter for 'polluting his venue with b******t'The Scottish singer Finley Quaye, a star in the 1990s, has been ejected from the stage after the venue's owner objected to the 'bullsh*t' he was playing.
- Pub giant Wetherspoon issues warning over living wageSHARES in JD Wetherspoon fell by nearly seven per cent in morning trading after it warned the government's commitment to introducing a living wage has cast "considerable uncertainty" over...
- Grounds maintenance teams will cut back by not cutting backThe upkeep of private ground by Perth and Kinross Council was this week described as ''ludicrous''.
- Thousands brave cold for Dundee Christmas Light Night 2011The festive season officially arrived in Dundee on Friday as around 25,000 people braved the cold for the switching-on of the Christmas lights.
- 'New' name for Dundee street would be link to medieval pastA long-abandoned medieval street name could soon return to Dundee.
- Lingerie boss Michelle Mone's Carnoustie kitchen all part of her great support for Erskine charityAn Angus couple this week told how Scottish lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone cooked for them in their home — and then did the washing up!
- VIDEO: Gordon Brown contributes to student's football-themed documentaryA Fife university student enrolled the help of the former Prime Minister to make a moving documentary about the Blue Brazil.
- Wales breaking news plus live traffic, weather and M4 updates (Thursday, July 30)Wales' live news service featuring all the latest traffic, weather, M4, showbiz and sport updates from across the country
- Conman ordered to pay back just over £2,000 after swindling children's cancer charity out of £20,000Martin Lawley, 59, had set up the Children's Cancer and Leukaemia Fund
- Fraudster avoids jail in £1,500 scam after his case took 18 months to come to courtMichael Smith, 32, was also spared having to pay prosecution costs 'because there is no money with which you can pay it'
- Unison tells Rhondda Cynon Taf council staff to stop using their own cars for council workThe move follows a row over staff car mileage allowances, which was decreased from 45p to 35p in May
- Developers of multi-million pound Abersoch hotel get their first guests early as two colonies of bats move inThe £7.8m hotel development in Abersoch - already plagued by delays - is on hold once again because bats have moved onto the site
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland
- World Medical Association to look into future president after Reuters storyBy Steve Stecklow, Andrew MacAskill and Aditya Kalra NEW DELHI/LONDON (Reuters) - The World Medical Association, the leading international medical-ethics body, said it will look into “a ...
- Fiat Chrysler raises outlook as Q2 profit jumps 70 percentMILAN (AP) — Fiat Chrysler Automobiles raised its outlook Thursday after strong North American sales and a European recovery drove second-quarter earnings up 70 percent despite hefty U.S...
- T-Mobile raises 2015 subscriber forecast; results top estimatesT-Mobile US Inc on Thursday posted better-than-expected second-quarter profit and revenue and raised its 2015 subscriber forecast for the second time this year, boosting shares by 4.5 pe...
- House Dem Kildee supports Obama's Iran nuclear dealWASHINGTON (AP) — A House Democrat who represents an American held hostage in Iran says he supports the Iran nuclear deal.
- Google refuses French request to apply 'right to be forgotten' globallyGoogle Inc is refusing to bow to an order from the French privacy watchdog to scrub search results worldwide when users invoke their "right to be forgotten" online, it said on Thursday, ...
- Teenager Guilty Of College Massacre PlotLiam Lyburd gestures with his fingers to his head as if shooting himself as he is led from court after the unanimous verdicts.Liam Lyburd
- Malaysia PM: Debris 'Very Likely' To Be MH370Wreckage believed to be part of a wing from a Boeing 777 is found on Reunion Island and will be taken to France for examination.'Wing debris'
- PM Criticised Over Migrant 'Swarm' CommentOpponents round on David Cameron for describing migrants as "a swarm of people" as thousands continue to try to reach the UK.Calais migrant crisis
- Calais Migrant Claims 'Right To Travel' To UKAn Algerian man trying to make the crossing stresses he is "a human being" and says Britain helped cause the refugee crisis.Algerian man at Calais Migrant trying to reach Britain via Chan...
- Jerusalem Gay Pride: Six Marchers StabbedA witness tells Israeli television an ultra-Orthodox youth "stabbed everyone in his way" as screaming people ran for cover.An ambulance at the scene of the stabbings in Jerusalem during t...
- 'No Liverpool talks for Digne'Lucas Digne's agent has denied reports he has held talks with Liverpool regarding a move from PSG to Anfield.
- Jack's the lad in Galway HurdleTony Martin's magnificent dual-purpose performer Quick Jack took the glory in the Guinness Galway Hurdle.
- White aims for Wembley winNotts County and Chelsea Ladies are both hoping to win the Women’s FA Cup for the first time this weekend at Wembley Stadium.
- Gomez signs for BesiktasBesiktas have confirmed they have signed Mario Gomez on a season-long loan from Fiorentina with an option to buy.
- Warrington v Hull KR previewHull KR are set to go into their Ladbrokes Challenge Cup semi-final against Warrington on Saturday with a brand new half-back pairing.