General News UK World News Business Sport Technology Arts and Entertainment Lifestyle Science Opinion Weird Picture Video Blogs Podcasts
- Gary Glitter jailed for 16 yearsFormer pop star Gary Glitter is jailed for 16 years for sexual abuse of three young girls that took place between 1975 and 1980.
- 'Jihadi John': PM defends authoritiesThe prime minister defends the security services amid criticisms they failed to stop the Islamic State militant known as "Jihadi John" from travelling to Syria.
- Labour pledges £6,000 tuition feesEd Miliband says £9,000 tuition fees in England have been a "disaster" and sets out how Labour would fund a reduction.
- Account data stolen in TalkTalk hackTalkTalk customers are being warned about scammers who managed to steal account numbers and names from the company's computers.
- Lloyds to resume dividend paymentsLloyds Banking Group confirms that it will resume paying dividends to shareholders for the first time since the financial crisis in 2008.
- Who's paying £34million to blast Sarah Brightman into space?Just before 11am on September 1, a mighty Soyuz‑FG rocket will blast off from the Baikonur Cosmodrome deep in the desert steppes of Kazakhstan... with soprano Sarah Brightman aboard.
- Meet the world's richest women worth a combined $220 BILLIONLiliane Bettencourt, the 92-year-old French heiress to the L'Oreal cosmetics company founded by her father, tops a list of women who inherited shares in valuable companies with her $41.2b...
- Our leaders now tell us so many of their bedroom secrets writes TOM UTLEYHands up those who wished to know that the Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer is a ‘long, slow burner’ in the sack? Thought not.Pic Bruce Adams / Copy Lobby - 22/9/14\nLabour Party Annual...
- Sauvignon Blanc declared Britain's favourite wine in survey of more than 400,000 drinkers The white wine that smells of gooseberries pipped Chardonnay to number one in the UK, which was held up as a 'nation of wine connoisseurs' with the results of the 'Grape Britain' survey.
- How McDonald's 'avoided paying £730m in tax'According to British charity War On Want – which tackles poverty around the world – McDonald’s opened a Luxembourg-based offshoot called McD Europe Franchising Sarl in 2009.BR98GB mcdonal...
- Gary Glitter: Live updates as paedophile pop star is sentencedThe vile fiend, real name Paul Gadd, is facing years behind bars after he was found guilty of sex crimes against children
- Prince William: 'I wanted to be an astronaut or fire breather when I grew up'The future king revealed his alternative career options on his Japan tour
- WhatsApp banned in Brazil over 'sexually graphic photos of children' claimsJudge accuses WhatsApp of failing to help sex picture investigation
- Beatles fan snapped up Paul McCartney's house in just 6 minutes at auctionHere Comes the Sum: The Scouse rocker's old house sold for a modest £150,000 when it was auctioned at the Cavern
- Zombie apocalypse researchers use MATHS to calculate safest place to hide from the undeadResearchers at Cornell University say they have calculated the best hiding place in the event of a zombie apocalypse
- Mohammed Emwazi: The road to radicalisation and Jihadi John - in 90 secondsThe Telegraph charts how Mohammed Emwazi, also known as 'Jihadi John', turned from a football mad schoolboy into the beheading terrorist
- Labour's pension raid: how to Miliband-proof your savings plansEd Milliband has announced some major pension reforms that the Labour party will introduce if they are elected into power in May
- Seeing red? The mind-bending power of colourTom Chivers explains why one person's black and blue dress is another's white and gold one
- Is this TripAdvisor's funniest ever review?Guest at a Scottish b&b says he had a brick thrown at his window and awoke to find the owner in bed with him - can this crude review be genuine?
- House of Cards' Robin Wright: 'Barack Obama compared Michelle to Frank Underwood'What happened at the lavish House of Cards season three premiere
- Interactive - How would you fund the BBC?
- Bundestag backs Greek bailout extensionHardline protesters in Athens demonstrate against Syriza agreement with lenders
- Lloyds to pay first dividend in six yearsMove paves way for government to sell more of its stake in bank
- SFO probes investment schemesInvestors could have lost an estimated £20m in two arrangements
- Investors cut UK equity exposureWealth managers concerned at outcome
- Just how did Jihadi John slip through the net? MI5 chiefs under pressure for failureBRITAIN’S spy chiefs were under pressure last night over their apparent failure to keep track of Jihadi John.
- Students slam University of Westminster with claim it has been 'infiltrated by extremists'THE UNIVERSITY attended by the man believed to be Jihadi John has been accused of allowing extremists to preach there.
- Gary Glitter LIVE: Paedophile popstar JAILED for 16 YEARS for sex attacks on young girlsGARY Glitter has today been jailed for 16 years for a string of historic sex attacks against young girls, committed at the height of his fame.
- 'I'm in love' Carol Vorderman can't hide her joy as she poses beside an Airbus BelugaSINCE gaining her pilot license in 2013, Carol Vorderman has only had one true love – flying.
- Man, 31, spends £50,000 on cosmetic surgery to look like MADONNAHE may not be a material girl - but that has not stopped this man spending around £50,000 on surgery to look like Madonna.
- Nigel Farage speaks at Ukip's spring conference: Politics Live blogRolling coverage of the Ukip spring conference in Margate, including Nigel Farage’s speech 12.35pm GMT Steven Woolfe, the immigration spokesman, starts by mentioning the Channel 4 fictio...
- German MPs approve Greek bailout extension - live updatesThe Bundestag has voted to extend Greece’s aid programme by four months by a big majority, after hearing that Greece must meets its commitments Latest: Bailout extension approved But 29 ...
- House of Cards creator: ‘the BBC is a little like the monarchy’Michael Dobbs describes corporation as the country’s strongest cultural brand that has taken an extraordinary battering recently, but much of it is deserved House of Cards author, Lord M...
- The beach-loving bulls of Pondoland – in picturesPhotographer Christopher Rimmer spent a year studying the strange habits of cattle on South Africa’s wild coast. His exhibition Amapondo opens in New York in April Continue reading...
- Gary Glitter jailed for 16 years for sexual assault of three schoolgirlsFormer glam rock star, real name Paul Gadd, sentenced for six sex offences against three girls, aged between eight and 13, in 1970s and 80s The former glam rock singer Gary Glitter faces...
- RSS Feed Moving (scotsman.com)We are about to release our new site with a new look, feel and structure. Part of this release will involve the creation of new RSS feeds and the decommissioning of the current ones. Plea...
- The Rumour Mill: Tuesday's football news and gossipIn today's Rumour Mill: All the build-up to tonight's big match in Spain; Craig Brown linked with Northern Ireland vacancy; Rangers finance boss quits; plus the rest o
- Scottish Business Briefing - Tuesday 11 October, 2011WELCOME to scotsman.com's Scottish Business Briefing. Every morning we bring you a comprehensive round-up of all news affecting business in Scotland today.
- 'My views unwelcome north of the border', says PGA chief Sandy JonesSANDY Jones, the chief executive of the PGA, has said he feels his opinions on Scottish golf are unwelcome in certain quarters and claimed the skills within his organisation a
- Interview: Lee McConnell, athleteWITH the Olympic Games now almost within touching distance, the next year is mapped out for Lee McConnell, as it is for every other athlete who hopes to be in the Great Britai
- Miliband announces tax relief reductions on higher earner pensions to pay for tuition fee cutsTax relief on pensions for higher earners would be reduced to pay for Labour’s plan to cut university tuition fees from a maximum of £9,000 to £6,000 a year, Ed Miliband announced today.
- Zelda Williams gives first interview since her father Robin Williams' suicideZelda Williams , the only daughter of actor and comedian Robin Williams , has given her first interview since her father’s suicide.
- Google backtracks on porn ban, allows explicit images on BloggerGoogle has reversed a decision to ban sexually explicit images and porn from its Blogger service, only a few days after saying that all such content would be banned.
- Tom Schweich: Republican politician dead in apparent suicideTom Schweich , a Republican candidate for Missouri governor, has died after apparently shooting himself quarter of an hour after inviting journalists to his house in St Louis.
- SeaWorld reports fourth quarter losses as Blackfish fallout continuesSeaWorld Entertainment has suffered another blow after its revenue slid 2.7 per cent in its fourth quarter – a decrease that was lower than Wall Street expectations.
- Couple married for 67 years die holding hands, just hours apartAD_161353745.jpgrobwaugh1974In this March 2014 photo provided by Cynthia Letson, Floyd and Violet Hartwig pose together in a yard in Easton, Calif. The Hartwig's marriage spanned 67 years, but their love for one another appears timeless. Sensing that the couple was close to death, their children pushed their two hospice beds together and gently placed their father's hand in the mother's palm. Floyd, 90, died first. Violet, 89, followed five hours later. They had a good life and died Feb. 11, 2015, at home, just as they had wished, the family said. (AP Photo/Cynthia Letson)This March 2014 photo provided by Cynthia Letson, shows letters sent between Floyd and Violet Hartwig in their home in Easton, Calif. The Hartwig's marriage spanned 67 years, but their love for one another appears timeless. Sensing that the couple was close to death, their children pushed their two hospice beds together and gently placed their father's hand in the mother's palm. Floyd, 90, died first. Violet, 89, followed five hours later. They had a good life and died Feb. 11, 2015, at home, just as they had wished, the family said. (AP Photo/Cynthia Letson) Their daughter said, '‘They didn’t want to go without each other’
- New picture of Jihadi John taking part in burning of Jordanian pilotAD_161395992.jpgtariqtahirJihadi John- Jordanian pilot.JPG Raw video: ISIS terrorists execute captured Jordanian pilot Lt. Muath al-KaseasbehJihadi John was named as Mohammed Emwazi (Picture: Rex)Emwazi's west London family home (Picture: Simon Hammond / Splash )TIM STEWART NEWS LIMITED: ***SEEK LEGALS ON PUBLICATION***Scottish aid worker David Haines, 44, who is being held hostage by the Islamic State. He is pictured his four-year-old daughter from his second marriage to Croatian Dragana Prodanovic. The brutal killer brought ice cream and Haribos to wounded ISIS fighters
- These are the top 10 most overrated ‘dream’ jobsdon drapermatthewpayton89chefdetectivebeachfirfighterdon draperarchitecturebaleholiday repcara dtrain Hopefully after reading this your own occupation will not seem too painful. traincara dholiday repbalearchitecturefirfighterbeachdetectivechef
- An 84-year-old man sailed around the world in a garden shedAD_161382310.jpgamywillisA group of geriatric 'last of the summer wine' adventurers have set off on a Thor Heyedahl-style Kon-Tiki journey across the Atlantic aboard a makeshift raft affectionately called -- AN-TIKI. Former BBC Tomorrow's World presenter Anthony Smith, 84, advertised for an ageing crew to join him and sail 2,800 miles across the Atlantic Ocean on a raft made of pipes. The appeal read: ''Fancy rafting across the Atlantic? Famous traveller requires 3 crew. Must be OAP. Serious adventurers only''. Courageous retired GP Andy Bainbridge, 56, solicitor John Russell, 61 and ocean yacht master Dave Hildred, 57, applied and now make up the ''mature and intrepid'' three-man crew. See SWNS story ANTIKI.Mandatory Credit: Photo by Sipa Press/REX (1305159l) The AnTiki raft en route from La Gomera in the Canary Islands to the island of Saint Martin in the Caribbean 85 Year Old Explorer Anthony Smith crosses Atlantic Ocean on a raft called the AnTiki from Canary Islands to the Caribbean - Jan 2011 An 85-year-old man has successfully crossed the Atlantic on a raft made of pipes. Grandfather Anthony Smith completed the 2,800-mile voyage from the Canary Islands to the Caribbean after spending 66 days at sea. He was joined on the fund-raising venture by a three-man 'mature' crew, whose ages ranged from 56 to 61. He recruited his team via a newspaper advert that read: "Fancy rafting across the Atlantic? Famous traveller requires 3 crew. Must be OAP. Serious adventurers only". Former BBC 'Tomorrows World' presenter Anthony and his crew completed the expedition on their raft An-Tiki, which was created out of 12-metre lengths pipe, was powered by a 400-square-foot sail and steered using twin rudders and oars. The aim of the voyage was to raise 50,000 for the international charity WaterAid, which provides potable water to impoverished communities.Mandatory Credit: Photo by Sipa Press/REX (1306282ai) Anthony Smith OAPs make transatlantic crossing on a raft, St Maarten, Antilles, Caribbean - Apr 2011 After more than 9 weeks at sea, having started in the Canary islands, the 'AnTiki' transatlantic raft arrives in St Maarten in the Caribbean following an epic voyage. The incredible vessel is crewed by Anthony Smith (84 yrs old) British adventurer, David Hildred, sailing master and British Virgin Islands resident, Dr Andrew Bainbridge of Alberta, Canada and John Russell, solicitor and UK resident. For more info: http://gasballoon.com/AnTiki/Mandatory Credit: Photo by Sipa Press/REX (1305159i) The AnTiki raft en route from La Gomera in the Canary Islands to the island of Saint Martin in the Caribbean 85 Year Old Explorer Anthony Smith crosses Atlantic Ocean on a raft called the AnTiki from Canary Islands to the Caribbean - Jan 2011 An 85-year-old man has successfully crossed the Atlantic on a raft made of pipes. Grandfather Anthony Smith completed the 2,800-mile voyage from the Canary Islands to the Caribbean after spending 66 days at sea. He was joined on the fund-raising venture by a three-man 'mature' crew, whose ages ranged from 56 to 61. He recruited his team via a newspaper advert that read: "Fancy rafting across the Atlantic? Famous traveller requires 3 crew. Must be OAP. Serious adventurers only". Former BBC 'Tomorrows World' presenter Anthony and his crew completed the expedition on their raft An-Tiki, which was created out of 12-metre lengths pipe, was powered by a 400-square-foot sail and steered using twin rudders and oars. The aim of the voyage was to raise 50,000 for the international charity WaterAid, which provides potable water to impoverished communities.Mandatory Credit: Photo by Sipa Press/REX (1305159c) Anthony Smith on the raft during construction in the Valle Gran Rey harbor, La Gomera 85 Year Old Explorer Anthony Smith crosses Atlantic Ocean on a raft called the AnTiki from Canary Islands to the Caribbean - Jan 2011 An 85-year-old man has successfully crossed the Atlantic on a raft made of pipes. Grandfather Anthony Smith completed the 2,800-mile voyage from the Canary Islands to the Caribbean after spending 66 days at sea. He was joined on the fund-raising venture by a three-man 'mature' crew, whose ages ranged from 56 to 61. He recruited his team via a newspaper advert that read: "Fancy rafting across the Atlantic? Famous traveller requires 3 crew. Must be OAP. Serious adventurers only". Former BBC 'Tomorrows World' presenter Anthony and his crew completed the expedition on their raft An-Tiki, which was created out of 12-metre lengths pipe, was powered by a 400-square-foot sail and steered using twin rudders and oars. The aim of the voyage was to raise 50,000 for the international charity WaterAid, which provides potable water to impoverished communities.Mandatory Credit: Photo by Sipa Press/REX (1305159k) The AnTiki raft en route from La Gomera in the Canary Islands to the island of Saint Martin in the Caribbean 85 Year Old Explorer Anthony Smith crosses Atlantic Ocean on a raft called the AnTiki from Canary Islands to the Caribbean - Jan 2011 An 85-year-old man has successfully crossed the Atlantic on a raft made of pipes. Grandfather Anthony Smith completed the 2,800-mile voyage from the Canary Islands to the Caribbean after spending 66 days at sea. He was joined on the fund-raising venture by a three-man 'mature' crew, whose ages ranged from 56 to 61. He recruited his team via a newspaper advert that read: "Fancy rafting across the Atlantic? Famous traveller requires 3 crew. Must be OAP. Serious adventurers only". Former BBC 'Tomorrows World' presenter Anthony and his crew completed the expedition on their raft An-Tiki, which was created out of 12-metre lengths pipe, was powered by a 400-square-foot sail and steered using twin rudders and oars. The aim of the voyage was to raise 50,000 for the international charity WaterAid, which provides potable water to impoverished communities. The 640sq ft boat had two toilets, three bunks, a GPS and radio powered by four solar panels.
- How to mix Coke and milk to create a lip-smacking clear drinkmmmmrobwaugh1974Just leave it for an hour, and your delicious fluid is ready to drink (Picture: YouTube) We're too scared to drink it
- Rita Ora and Kim Kardashian wear almost identical dresses to honour Madonna at celebrity bashONE outfit. Two celebrities. But who wore it better? Kim and Rita wear near-identical dresses.
- Hamilton Sheriff Court: Thug threatened to shoot his former girlfriend and punched her male friendA spurned Lanarkshire thug threatened to shoot his former girlfriend and punched a male friend of the woman in a jealous outburst.
- Heart Scotland presenters Robin Galloway and Adele Cunningham apologise for using sh*t and motherf****r live on airTHE pair were also heard talking about circumcision during their banter as they prepared for the next day's show.
- Scott McDonald returns to Motherwell but insists: Don't mention Helicopter Sunday.. all I'm interested in is firing Well to safetyMcDONALD returned for a second spell at Fir Park yesterday but said he is sick of talking about the moment he deprived Celtic of the title on the last day in 2005.
- Sports Hotline: No tears for James Easdale as Rangers fans rejoice at bus tycoon's departureEUAN McLEAN takes your calls as the exit from Ibrox for one Rangers director and the continued row over sectarian singing dominates discussion.
- DISGUSTING: Man steals dying pensioner's purse after seeing her run over by lorryA HEARTLESS thief stole a dying pensioner's purse just MOMENTS after he watched her get hit by a lorry.
- Muslims! Join the British Army to fight terror, urges leading imamA LEADING imam last night urged British Muslims to join the armed forces to take on Islamic State fanatics.
- David Beckham: I still want to play for EnglandDAVID Beckham believes he can play for England till he’s 50.
- Gary Glitter victims in mega compo blitz! Perv to PAY for crimesDISGRACED Gary Glitter faces being left penniless by compensation claims from girls he sexually abused.
- Family of US hostage are 'hopeful' she is still aliveTHE family of the US hostage who Islamic State claim was killed by a Jordanian airstrike have said they are "hopeful" she is still alive.
- Ten-man Swansea defeat LaticsGylfi Sigurdsson struck either side of the interval to secure a deserved 2-0 victory for 10-man Swansea at the Premier League basement boys Wigan.
- Dunn snatches point for RoversDavid Dunn earned Blackburn a valuable point in the fight against relegation with a headed equaliser five minutes from time in a 1-1 draw against Aston Villa at Ewood Park.
- City stretch leadMario Balotelli again took centre stage as Manchester City saw off Bolton 2-0 to move five points clear at the top of the Barclays Premier League.
- Baggies pile pressure on AVBWest Brom defender Gareth McAuley increased the pressure on Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas with a late winner in the 1-0 Barclays Premier League clash at the Hawthorns.
- Van Persie bags brace at LiverpoolLiverpool paid for missing a penalty and hitting the post twice as Arsenal's Robin van Persie scored twice to snatch a late 2-1 Barclays Premier League victory at Anfield.
- Review: Professor Green at 02 Academy, BirminghamRapper Professor Green showed energy and enthusiasm in his Birmingham performance
- Lap dancing plan in Birmingham rejected after protests from blind charityBlind charity protests lead to application for Lace Gentlemens Club on John Bright Street being rejected
- Letisha Shakespeare and Charlene Ellis memorial education annual award scheme to endThe award scheme was set up in 2006 to help disadvantaged students achieve their career goals
- Man who died after suspected hit-and-run accident is namedPolice question 18-year-old after body found in Rugeley
- Kings Norton church sealed off after sex attackPolice investigate sexual assault near church at Kings Norton
- Everlasting lifeDAVID CAMERON is not a prime minister used to making spending pledges. The government is halfway through an austerity programme that by one measure has lopped £100 billion ($155 billion)...
- The great, the good and the uglyTHE establishment view is that the public rage aimed at two of Westminster’s longest-serving and most respected MPs, Sir Malcolm Rifkind and Jack Straw, this week was unwarranted—a case ...
- Stranded cameraTHE grainy pictures in 1993 of James Bulger, a toddler, being led away by two ten-year-old boys who would go on to torture and murder him, are among the best-known CCTV footage in Britai...
- Control yourselfBRITAIN is one of the West’s most centralised countries. Its national government does 77% of all public spending, compared with 58% in America and 19% in Germany. Even swaggering London,...
- Work to ruleENGLAND has long been the jurisdiction of choice for wives who have the luxury of being able to choose where they divorce. English law (Scotland is different) tries to balance lifelong n...
Wall Street Journal
- J.P. Morgan Emerges as CEO Breeding GroundBill Winters, a former deputy to chief James Dimon, is the latest ex-executive to helm a large financial firm, U.K. bank Standard Chartered.image
- Avoiding Euro Exit Will Take a Greek DramaBrussels Beat: The next hurdle for Greece is to find economic policies that will appease the country’s people as well as its international creditors, says Marcus Walker.image
- Lloyds Resumes DividendsLloyds Banking Group announced its first full-year net profit and dividend payout since the U.K. lender was bailed out during the financial crisis.image
- Oil's Big Swings Are the New NormalVolatility is roiling the oil market, luring traders in search of quick profits but discouraging longer-term investors who had grown accustomed to more muted swings.image
- How Venezuela's Chávez Lives On in SpainThe far-left movement tied to the late Venezuelan leader has surged to the top of opinion polls less than a year ahead of national elections, challenging the mainstream in Madrid.image
- UCI wants Astana licence withdrawalThe International Cycling Union requests that Astana, the team of Vincenzo Nibali, has its World Tour licence withdrawn.
- England starts for Nowell and GoodeJack Nowell and Alex Goode are named in England's starting XV to face Ireland in the Six Nations on Sunday.
- Jockey Walsh to miss CheltenhamIrish jockey Mark Walsh will be out of action for six weeks and will miss Cheltenham after breaking his arm in a fall.
- De Villiers hits fastest ODI 150
- Clarke 'sick' of injury speculationAustralia captain Michael Clarke hopes talk of his injury worries will stop when he returns to action against New Zealand.
- Beckham reconciled with 'father figure' FergusonDavid Beckham has revealed he has repaired his relationship with Sir Alex Ferguson after his controversial departure from Manchester United
- Mayweather hype causes Pacquiao to start earlyManny Pacquiao is already doing some light training in the Philippines in preparation for his mega pay-per-view showdown with fellow welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr on May 2 in ...
- Thierry Henry 'could not say no' to dream Arsenal jobThierry Henry has said it would be a "dream" to manage Arsenal one day but insists: "I need to learn first."
- Kane: I can see both Shearer and Sheringham in meTottenham striker Harry Kane says his style of play is a mixture of both Alan Shearer and Teddy Sheringham - and acknowledges that it was Tim Sherwood who gave him a chance to shine at Spurs
- Costa: I'm a victim of double standardsChelsea striker Diego Costa believes he is already a victim of his own reputation in England but insists he will never change his aggressive style
- Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Former league boss Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Pienaar ruled outInjury has forced Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar to withdrawn from South Africa's squad due to play international friendlies this week.
- Partizan win marred by crowd troubleSerbian champions Partizan Belgrade came from behind to beat city rivals OFK 3-1 on Sunday, but their success was marred by serious crowd trouble among groups of their own fans.
- Slew set for spell on sidelinesOn-loan Oldham striker Jordan Slew suffered another injury setback during the 1-0 win over Portsmouth. Slew was hurt against Walsall and missed the Stevenage game, returning to parent cl...
- Game of Thrones tour of Dubrovnik is more than just fantasyGet to the heart of the Seven Kingdoms and discover the real King's Landing on this cruise ship excursion with a difference
- Gamescom 2013: Live updates on the news, gameplay footage, trailers and announcements from day threeIt's day three of gamescom 2013 and we have live news and updates coming direct from Cologne, Germany.
- Transfer news LIVE: All of Thursday's gossip, rumours and done deals as they happenWho? What? When? Where? How? Which? All those questions and more (possibly) answered in Thursday's transfer live blog
- Edinburgh TV festival LIVE: Follow GEITF news and live updates, as they happenLet us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below or tweeting us at @MirrorTVNews
- Ricky Gervais plans David Brent film based around hit YouTube series Learn To Play GuitarComedian is planning a David Brent film, album and world tour as he resurrects his most famous small screen character
- Little Mix join forces with Caroline Flack and tell cancer to jog onWHAT a bunch a beauties.
- Myleene Klass does the school run in animal print and heels comboNOT bad for a Monday morning.
- Peaches Geldof plays proud mummy in intimate family picturesTHEY look so content.
- Judge rules in favour of Emma Thompson in Effie court caseEMMA THOMPSON has been given the go-ahead to proceed with a movie about the lives of 19th century poet JOHN RUSKIN, his wife EFFIE GRAY and her lover, painter JOHN EVERETT MILLIAS, after...
- Eva Mendes organised special 'mothers' day' for film researchActress EVA MENDES gathered up all the mums in her life for an intensive 'mothers' day' so she could get a feel for what it's like to be a woman with a kid for her new film THE PLACE AMO...
- Crave giveaway: Cycliq Fly6 LED bike taillight with built-in HD cameraGet around on two wheels? This safety-minded gadget makes it easy to record the antics of drivers behind you when you're on your bicycle.
- Swiss watches are getting smart without sacrificing styleHigh-end watchmakers Frederique Constant, Mondaine and Alpina built new watches that look traditional, but have motion and sleep tracking.
- Need a new smartphone? You'll find it at Mobile World CongressMobile World Congress starts next week in Barcelona. The largest wireless party on the planet, MWC is famous for showcasing new smartphones and wearables that you'll actually be able to b...
- SmartThings adds support for Cree and WeMo LEDsUsers of the popular connected-home platform will now be able to add bulbs from Belkin and Cree to their smart setups -- no extra hardware necessary.
- These 3D-printed snacks grow their own fillings3D-printed edible shells are embedded with seeds to grow their own fillings of tasty sprouts and mushrooms.
- Danish police arrest man suspected of links to February 14-15 shootingsCOPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Danish police said they arrested a young man on Friday and charged him with complicity in the shootings in Copenhagen on Feb. 14 and 15 in which two people were kil...
- Cameron says Britain will do what it can to track down 'Jihadi John'LONDON (Reuters) - Prime Minister David Cameron said on Friday Britain would do everything it could to track down those who committed appalling crimes against British citizens, but declin...
- German lawmakers approve Greek bailout extensionBERLIN (Reuters) - Germany's parliament approved an extension of Greece's bailout on Friday after Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble, who has voiced doubts about whether Athens can be tr...
- Ex-Sainsbury's boss King takes advisory job at 2 SistersLONDON (Reuters) - Justin King, the former chief executive of British supermarket Sainsbury's , has returned to the food sector, taking up an advisory role at privately owned supplier 2 S...
- Deaths shake Ukraine truce, Poroshenko wary of Russia threatKIEV (Reuters) - Ukraine on Friday reported the first deaths in three days in east Ukraine, denting hopes a ceasefire will hold, and President Petro Poroshenko said Russia would pose a "m...
- Optos agrees to Nikon takeoverScottish retinal imaging company Optos has announced it has received a £259m cash takeover offer from Nikon Corporation.
- Lloyds restarts dividend as capital strength risesProfits quadruple but payout disappoints market
- Girl Gone Whiplash: Madonna reveals injuries after stage fall at the BritsMadonna has revealed she suffered whiplash injuries in her fall on stage at the Brit Awards.
- Wickerman Festival will go ahead in memory of founder, says his daughterTHE Wickerman Festival is to continue for the foreseeable future in honour of the co-founder and site landowner Jamie Gilroy who died last year.
- Ryan Gauld on breaking through at Sporting and dreaming of playing for Scotland with his palsLIVING on his own for the first time in a country he is still in the process of discovering, it is understandable that Ryan Gauld should permit comforting thoughts of reunions with old fr...
- Grounds maintenance teams will cut back by not cutting backThe upkeep of private ground by Perth and Kinross Council was this week described as ''ludicrous''.
- Thousands brave cold for Dundee Christmas Light Night 2011The festive season officially arrived in Dundee on Friday as around 25,000 people braved the cold for the switching-on of the Christmas lights.
- 'New' name for Dundee street would be link to medieval pastA long-abandoned medieval street name could soon return to Dundee.
- Lingerie boss Michelle Mone's Carnoustie kitchen all part of her great support for Erskine charityAn Angus couple this week told how Scottish lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone cooked for them in their home — and then did the washing up!
- VIDEO: Gordon Brown contributes to student's football-themed documentaryA Fife university student enrolled the help of the former Prime Minister to make a moving documentary about the Blue Brazil.
- Live Business Blog: Friday, February 27, 2015Keep coming back here for updates on all the latest business news
- Cardiff City press conference Live: Breaking news as Russell Slade faces the media ahead of Wolves clashFollow all the latest news from Cardiff City HQ as Russell Slade holds a press conference 24 hours after the club's accounts were published
- France v Wales Six Nations head-to-heads: Which team is stronger ahead of Paris showdown?Rugby correspondent Andy Howell assesses each of the 30 starting players and gives his verdict on which side appears stronger based on both form and class
- Live updates as David Cameron and Nick Clegg make new powers pledge for the National Assembly in CardiffConservatives and Liberal Democrats are converging on the Welsh capital today as the UK party leaders pledge to transfer new powers to the National Assembly
- Tell us your fave Dave this St David’s Day - and win a £500 voucher for Welsh RarebitsSimply nominate your favourite Dave, David, Dai, Dewi or Dafydd, and you could be pampering yourself at a luxury Welsh boutique hotel
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland
- Ericsson sues Apple in patents rowWireless equipment maker Ericsson is suing Apple for alleged patent infringement.
- China bans ivory carving imports for one yearBeijing has imposed a one-year ban on imports of ivory carvings, but questions remained Friday on its effect on rising Chinese demand, which critics say could push wild African elephants...
- Nowell back for England in Dublin, Goode startsExeter wing Jack Nowell will make his first England appearance for a year after being named on Friday to replace Jonny May in the team to face Ireland in what is shaping up to be a poten...
- Rugby-Nowell back for England in Dublin, Goode starts(Adds Lancaster quotes) LONDON, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Exeter wing Jack Nowell will make his first England appearance for a year after being named on Friday to replace Jonny May in the team t...
- Cricket - Morgan: I've never sung anthemEngland captain Eoin Morgan has defended his decision not to sing the national anthem before matches at the World Cup.
- Naming Of 'Jihadi John' Splits Victims' FamiliesLoved ones of Western hostages beheaded in Islamic State videos have expressed mixed reactions since Mohammed Emwazi was unmasked."Jihadi John" Image
- 'Jihadi John' Used To Be 'Kind And Gentle'A campaign group claims UK security services are failing young Muslims, including the Briton said to be the IS killer.A militant seen in an Islamic State video claiming that US hostage Pe...
- Glitter Child Sex Abuse Sentencing Under WayThe singer waves to friends in the public gallery as he arrives in court to find out if he will be sentenced to life in prison.Gary Glitter sentencing
- Live Updates: Gary Glitter Learns His FateThe former glam rocker appears at Southwark Crown Court where he is being sentenced over a string of historical sex attacks.Handout by Metropolitan Police of Gary Glitter
- Miliband To Unveil Tuition Fee Cut PromiseLabour plans to reduce fees will only benefit "the investment bankers of the future", warns Business Secretary Vince Cable.Ed Miliband
- Leeds v Watford previewLeeds pair Sam Byram and Steve Morison are both hoping to be in contention for the home game against Watford.
- Nishikori reaches last fourTop seed Kei Nishikori overcame windy conditions to seal his spot in the semi-finals of the Mexican Open.
- McCoy not planning Festival goodbyeTony McCoy has revealed it is extremely doubtful he will hang up his saddle at the Cheltenham Festival.
- Barca Day Two - Live
- Norwich v Ipswich previewGary Hooper will return to the Norwich squad for Sunday's East Anglia derby with Ipswich at Carrow Road in the Sky Bet Championship.