General News UK World News Business Sport Technology Arts and Entertainment Lifestyle Science Opinion Weird Picture Video Blogs Podcasts
- Ashya parents in extradition hearingThe parents of a five-year-old boy who was taken from hospital against medical advice arrive at Spain's High Court for an extradition hearing.
- No 10 plays down terror law 'rift'Downing Street plays down reports of a rift with the Liberal Democrats over new counter-terrorism measures set to be announced by David Cameron.
- Pupils begin 'tough' new curriculumTeaching of a "tough" new national curriculum begins in England as children return to school this week.
- Trucker jailed for killing cyclistsA lorry driver who killed two cyclists on a charity ride from Land's End to John O'Groats is jailed for eight and a half years.
- Man Utd agree to sign Falcao on loanManchester United agree to sign Colombia international striker Radamel Falcao on loan from Ligue 1 side Monaco.
- Melbourne AFL players dress as Rolf Harris and girl for Mad MondayTwo players from Melbourne's AFL team have put themselves in a controversial light, after supposedly dressing up as Rolf Harris and a young girl on the annual 'Mad Monday' celebrations.AFL
- Drone over Apple's 'spaceship' campus shows progress on 175 acre building siteCovering 175 acres, Apple's Cupertino-based 'Campus 2' headquarters will be a mile in circumference when it's complete in 2016.The spaceship site is currently cordoned off to prevent phot...
- Chair in Leek arts centre where Johnny Depp had tea removed after fans cause chaosThe Pirates Of The Caribbean star caused a social media storm - after being spotted swanning around the Staffordshire Moorlands at the weekend.
- Here comes the... baby! Best man's wife gives birth in a car outside wedding venue after her waters broke as she arrived at ceremonyA guest went into labour in a car at Amanda Vasey's wedding, creating a newborn baby photo opportunity in hospital she now rates as her favourite of the day.From left, bride Amanda Vasey,...
- Tory Chris Kelly who was 'reduced to tears' by Cameron after rebelling over Europe becomes NINTH new MP to quit ParliamentDudley South MP Chris Kelly is the ninth member of the 2010 intake of MPs to quit the Commons after a single term – sparking accusations that many are ‘giving up’.Chairman and Managing Di...
- Funny or cruel? Watch cat with laser pen taped to its head chase red dot around roomThe owner has insisted the cat was having fun, but others have criticised his actions, claiming it must have left the moggy distressed
- Charles Bronson gets two more years in jail for assault on prisoner governorBritain's most notorious inmate admitted actual bodily harm against jail boss Alan Parkins
- LIVE - Jennifer Lawrence NUDE photos leaked: Star among 101 others 'victim to mass hacker'Explicit photos of the Hunger Games actress along with an alleged 100 more A-List stars were leaked online, allegedly retrieved due to an iCloud leak
- Gorgeous WAG sparks outrage after sharing snap of dog biting her NIPPLE through braRomanian Madalina Pamfile, girlfriend of AC Milan midfielder Cristian Daminuta, accused of bizarre behavior and cruelty as West Highland terrier is taken ill
- Gaza: Watch shocking aerial footage showing devastation left by Israeli bombardmentThe video shows row upon row of shattered buildings and rubble left by shelling and bombing by Israel's military
- 10 reasons to travel in September - 2014From Oktoberfest to Dordogne at harvest time, here is Telegraph Travel's pick of the places to go this month
- Author Ian McEwan: 'Very few novels earn their length'Award-winning writer Ian McEwan says many novels are too long and describes how much he adores shorter books or novels that can be read at one sitting
- Larkin Poe, Kin, review: 'zesty Americana'Larkin Poe merge classic pop with southern blues
- Africa's most insanely overloaded vehiclesRoom for one more? Africa's roads are filled with ridiculously overloaded vehicles. Here are some of the best examples
- Book now for 2014/15's best family ski dealsSkiers should book now to secure accommodation for Christmas, New Year and beyond. Here are some of the best deals
- Burgers, BMWs highlight N Korea changeFrom US-style fast food at a showpiece water park to foreign cars on once-empty streets, evidence of informal markets abounds during FT visit to Pyongyang
- UK manufacturing activity at 14-month lowWhile the CIPS/Markit purchasing managers’ survey still showed expansion, it fell to 52.5 in August, its lowest reading since June 2013
- Kiev accuses Russia of ‘direct aggression’President promises shake-up of Ukraine’s military leadership amid signs that the army has lost ground to Russian-backed separatist forces
- Cameron faces pressure from euroscepticsMPs call for harder line on immigration amid reports that up to 100 could defy the prime minister by pledging their personal support for EU exit
- Rally fades on gloomy European dataEquities mixed following weak European PMIs and persistent worries about situation in Ukraine
- Ashya King's brother defends family's actions as parents due in courtTHE brother of a five-year-old brain tumour victim who was removed from hospital by his parents has spoken out in defence of the couple.
- EU red tape is 'hitting pensioners hard' as payouts are hammered by Brussels regulationsEUROPEAN red tape is costing retired Britons thousands of pounds each in pension payouts.
- Was that a top C? Opera star Katherine Jenkins takes the Ice Bucket ChallengeSHE IS used to hitting the high notes but opera star Katherine Jenkins really raised the rafters with her shrieks as she took the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
- WATCH: Britain's strongest MUM! Weightlifter fits chores around six-day-a-week trainingWHEN she's not tackling tough household chores, this mother spends her time WEIGHTLIFTING in a bid to become England's strongest woman.
- Real-life Machine Gun Preacher gives daughter, 8, pink gun for birthdayA REAL-LIFE Machine Gun Preacher has said he has no problem with arming his young children, and has even given his eight year-old daughter a firearm for her birthday.
- Transfer deadline day: Radamel Falcao to join Manchester United on loan live!Transfer window latest before the deadline at 11pm BST Radamel Falcao to join Manchester United on seasons loan The Rumour Mill: Welbeck to Everton or Spurs? Arsenal eye Bacca? Interacti...
- County cricket live!With Richard Gibson at the Riverside for Durham v Notts and Andy Wilson at Old Trafford for Lancashire v Yorkshire 1.23pm BST Andy Wilson writes from Old Trafford Its been Yorkshires mor...
- Ukraine clashes force troops to abandon airport ahead of crisis talksLatest discussions to end crisis to include Russia-backed separatists, as Luhansk and Donetsk airports come under fire Fighting continued in eastern Ukraine on Monday, as a new round of t...
- Nude celebrity picture leak looks like phishing or email account hackApples iCloud service may have been the source of the photos but security experts think password hacks are likely explanation The leak of pictures and, allegedly, videos of Jennifer Lawr...
- Legia Warsaw charged by Uefa over fans Champions League protest bannerSlogan read: Because Football Doesnt Matter, Money Does Legia mock Celtic after Bhoys Champions League exit Legia Warsaws legal problems this season have continued after Uefa charged the ...
- RSS Feed Moving (scotsman.com)We are about to release our new site with a new look, feel and structure. Part of this release will involve the creation of new RSS feeds and the decommissioning of the current ones. Plea...
- The Rumour Mill: Tuesday's football news and gossipIn today's Rumour Mill: All the build-up to tonight's big match in Spain; Craig Brown linked with Northern Ireland vacancy; Rangers finance boss quits; plus the rest o
- Scottish Business Briefing - Tuesday 11 October, 2011WELCOME to scotsman.com's Scottish Business Briefing. Every morning we bring you a comprehensive round-up of all news affecting business in Scotland today.
- 'My views unwelcome north of the border', says PGA chief Sandy JonesSANDY Jones, the chief executive of the PGA, has said he feels his opinions on Scottish golf are unwelcome in certain quarters and claimed the skills within his organisation a
- Interview: Lee McConnell, athleteWITH the Olympic Games now almost within touching distance, the next year is mapped out for Lee McConnell, as it is for every other athlete who hopes to be in the Great Britai
- Powerful hairdryers could be banned in EU attempt to tackle climate changePowerful hairdryers may be banned under European Union (EU) regulations aimed at tackling climate change.
- Suspected 16-year-old jihadist wannabe arrested en route to SyriaA 16-year-old girl suspected would-be jihadist has been arrested at Nice airport in southern France as she apparently tried to reach Syria after a tip-off from Turkish Airlines.
- Berkeley thriving but says price rises are slowing downTony Pidgley held back from calling the top of the market on house prices today but warned the market is returning to “normal” after peaking last year.
- Manufacturing industry hit by weaker exportsManufacturing delivered bad news today as the latest survey of activity in the sector unexpectedly dropped to a 14-month low because of weaker exports and slowing new orders.
- Len Blavatnik in £700m buyout bid for PerformBritain’s fourth-richest person, Ukrainian-born tycoon Len Blavatnik today moved to net control of online sports rights group Perform.
- Charles Bronson given two more years for attacking a prison governorsd12harryacr(Picture: File)(Picture: Getty Images) One of Britain's most violent prisoners said 'I plead guilty, but I don't want to'. ad_1381917571
- No meat or veg here but this tomato still looks fruityTomatojimmynsubugaukmetroTomato, penis fruitTomato, penis fruit A shopper was shocked to find this rather peculiar looking tomato.
- England’s ‘least wanted dog’ is still looking for a home after seven yearsAD_144424660.jpgdaniellagrahamukmetroJed the Lurcher who has been in care for seven years at the Darlington Dogs Trust. A rescue centre is hoping to find a home for Englandís least wanted dog after he has spent almost SEVEN YEARS in kennels. See SWNS story SWDOG. Jed the lurcher was taken in by the Dogs Trust as a four-month old puppy. He has been adopted on a couple of occasions but each time the owner has had to return him. The dog was too energetic for the first family and on the second occasion he had to be returned due to a change of circumstances. It is thought that over the past seven years, Jed has been overlooked by more than 17,000 potential suitors. The Dogs Trust, in Darlington, is now putting out a fresh appeal to find a ëforever homeí for the loving lurcher, which they describe as a ìfriendly and affectionate chapî.Jed the Lurcher who has been in care for seven years at the Darlington Dogs Trust - Pictured with Nikki Holroyd who is responsible for looking after Jed. A rescue centre is hoping to find a home for Englandís least wanted dog after he has spent almost SEVEN YEARS in kennels. See SWNS story SWDOG. Jed the lurcher was taken in by the Dogs Trust as a four-month old puppy. He has been adopted on a couple of occasions but each time the owner has had to return him. The dog was too energetic for the first family and on the second occasion he had to be returned due to a change of circumstances. It is thought that over the past seven years, Jed has been overlooked by more than 17,000 potential suitors. The Dogs Trust, in Darlington, is now putting out a fresh appeal to find a ëforever homeí for the loving lurcher, which they describe as a ìfriendly and affectionate chapî.COLLECT - Jed the Lurcher who has been in care for seven years at the Darlington Dogs Trust. A rescue centre is hoping to find a home for Englandís least wanted dog after he has spent almost SEVEN YEARS in kennels. See SWNS story SWDOG. Jed the lurcher was taken in by the Dogs Trust as a four-month old puppy. He has been adopted on a couple of occasions but each time the owner has had to return him. The dog was too energetic for the first family and on the second occasion he had to be returned due to a change of circumstances. It is thought that over the past seven years, Jed has been overlooked by more than 17,000 potential suitors. The Dogs Trust, in Darlington, is now putting out a fresh appeal to find a ëforever homeí for the loving lurcher, which they describe as a ìfriendly and affectionate chapî. Do you think you could take Jed on?
- Uni student pulls prank on female ‘fresher’, she pulls gun and threatens to kill himgunstephenmarr Borrowing a line from Dirty Harry, the female student warned 'Do you feel lucky' in a joke that almost literally backfired.
- Grandmother’s casket ‘used to smuggle drugs to prison inmates’Ison Rouse (L) and Nekoase Antwan VinsonjimmynsubugaukmetroIson Rouse (L) and Nekoase Antwan Vinson, casket A dead grandmother’s casket was reportedly used to smuggle drugs to two prison inmates.
- Transfer Deadline Day LIVE: Celtic hunt striker; Virgil van Dijk latest & all the latest news from north & south of the borderThe clock is ticking ahead of tonight's deadline, but who will be making a last-minute switch in this window? Get the latest here throughout the day
- LIVE - Jennifer Lawrence NUDE photos leaked: Star among 101 others 'victim to mass hacker'Explicit photos of the Hunger Games actress along with an alleged 100 more A-List stars were leaked online, allegedly retrieved due to an iCloud leak
- Rangers player Bilel Moshni fined £400 after being caught driving with no insurance and while on his phoneTHE 27-year-old defender was spotted by officers on Saracen Street in Glasgow's Possilpark area.
- Body of a Scot killed when Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 was shot down over Ukraine hasn't been returned to his family six weeks after his deathSTEPHEN Anderson, 44, was one of 298 people killed when MH17 was allegedly shot down by pro-Russian rebels on July 17.
- Insurance consultant Jelf Group moves into Scottish marketNew Glasgow office part of wider expansion plan to target oilfield service companies in the north east
- Be afraid! Expert warns of 'explosive effects' due to the super full moonAS stargazers prepare for the "supermoon" due to light up the night sky tonight a leading astrologer has warned of the "explosive effects" it could have on the viewing public.
- David Cameron suffers double blow in fight to remain Prime MinisterDAVID Cameron was yesterday hit with a double whammy from within his own party.
- 'I was rubbish as Harry Potter', Daniel Radcliffe blasts his acting skillsACTOR Daniel Radcliffe last night blasted his own performance as Harry Potter.
- British Isis 'martyr' dies in militant fightingA BRITISH Muslim who once worked for Primark has died fighting with militants in war-ravaged Syria.
- Kensington Palace labelled a 'rip-off' by touristsPRINCE William and Princess Kate’s home has been blasted as dull and expensive by tourists.
- Ten-man Swansea defeat LaticsGylfi Sigurdsson struck either side of the interval to secure a deserved 2-0 victory for 10-man Swansea at the Premier League basement boys Wigan.
- Dunn snatches point for RoversDavid Dunn earned Blackburn a valuable point in the fight against relegation with a headed equaliser five minutes from time in a 1-1 draw against Aston Villa at Ewood Park.
- City stretch leadMario Balotelli again took centre stage as Manchester City saw off Bolton 2-0 to move five points clear at the top of the Barclays Premier League.
- Baggies pile pressure on AVBWest Brom defender Gareth McAuley increased the pressure on Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas with a late winner in the 1-0 Barclays Premier League clash at the Hawthorns.
- Van Persie bags brace at LiverpoolLiverpool paid for missing a penalty and hitting the post twice as Arsenal's Robin van Persie scored twice to snatch a late 2-1 Barclays Premier League victory at Anfield.
- Live: Birmingham and West Midlands breaking news, sport, weather and trafficBringing you Monday's live news, sport, traffic and weather from around Birmingham and the West Midlands as it happens
- Education at heart of Birmingham street-kid Billy Sutton's missionCarl Chinn tells the final part of his tale about the Brummie who became part of the real Miami Vice
- Video: New Plebgate CCTV footage to 'shed new light' on infamous rowAndrew Mitchell resigned as Chief Whip following argument with Metropolitan Police officers outside Downing Street in 2012
- Live: Transfer Deadline Day - all the latest news, moves and rumoursThe clock is ticking ahead of tonight's deadline, but who will be making a last-minute switch in this window? Get the latest here throughout the day
- Birmingham's Cat Deeley named as victim of 'nude photos hacker targeting Hollywood stars'The Sutton Coldfield born presenter is on the list of 101 A-listers who have had private photos “stolen” from Apple’s iCloud service.
- Civil liberties: Speak loudly but carry no stickTHE murder of James Foley, an American journalist kidnapped by jihadists in Syria, was always likely to fill newspapers. His killer’s British accent has started a storm (see Bagehot ). S...
- Architecture: Nasty, brutish and tallPRESTON bus station was earmarked for demolition in 1999. Instead, last year, English Heritage added it to a list of protected buildings. The structure—a hulking piece of 1960s brutalism...
- Buses: Up to speedFEW Britons feel passionate about buses. Unlike the railways, they spur few protests or angry letters in local newspapers. On August 26th IPPR, a left-leaning think-tank influential in L...
- High streets: Strange townCould be anywhere, but it’s Kentish Town KENTISH TOWN ROAD is a humdrum high street in north London. It contains pawnbrokers, pound shops, hairdressers and some long-in-the-tooth hardwar...
- Sexual exploitation: See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evilOVER the past few years it has sometimes seemed as though no news bulletin goes by without an awful account of child sex abuse. Celebrities and children’s entertainers, including Rolf Ha...
Wall Street Journal
- Goldman Made Loan to Espírito Santo Shortly Before Bank CollapseAs Portuguese lender Banco Espírito Santo neared collapse this summer, it found a Wall Street ally to help it raise badly needed funds: Goldman Sachs Group.image
- Iliad Considers New T-Mobile US BidFrench telecom company Iliad said it is in talks with several potential partners to file a new bid for control of U.S. operator T-Mobile US.image
- Russia Signals Hard Line on Ukraine TalksRussia called on Kiev to agree to an immediate and unconditional cease-fire as President Vladimir Putin accused Ukraine's leaders of escalating the violence by refusing to negotiate in go...
- Beijing's Ruling on Hong Kong Sparks ProtestsHong Kong pro-democracy legislators heckled a top Chinese official as he sought to explain Beijing's position on how the city should elect its leader, while police and demonstrators scuff...
- Barclays Scales Back Presence in SpainBarclays has agreed to sell its retail banking division in Spain to Caixabank as the British bank scales back its presence in less-profitable markets.image
- Hernandez joins Real Madrid on loanManchester United's Mexican striker Javier Hernandez joins Champions League winners Real Madrid on a season-long loan.
- Ireland fly-half Sexton breaks jawFly-half Jonathan Sexton could miss Ireland's autumn internationals after breaking his jaw while playing for Racing Metro.
- Holtby on verge of Hamburg loanTottenham midfielder Lewis Holtby is having a medical at Hamburg as he closes in on a proposed loan move to the German club.
- Chelsea's Van Ginkel joins AC MilanChelsea's 21-year-old Netherlands midfielder Marco van Ginkel joins Italian side AC Milan on a season-long loan.
- Saracens sign USA hooker ThielSaracens sign United States hooker Phil Thiel as cover for Schalk Brits, who is on international duty with South Africa.
- Hernandez joins Real Madrid on loanReal Madrid have confirmed that Javier Hernandez is joining on a season-long loan from Manchester United with an option for a permanent deal
- Liverpool weigh up Valdes moveLiverpool are considering a move for former Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes in order to provide extra competition for Simon Mignolet
- Suarez engineered Barcelona move, says GerrardSteven Gerrard says Luis Suarez "engineered" a move away from Liverpool this summer after his bite on Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup
- Wilshere can star for England, says HodgsonRoy Hodgson has backed Jack Wilshere to put his fitness problems behind him and play a key role in England's upcoming Euro 2016 qualification campaign
- United agree loan deal for FalcaoManchester United have agreed a loan deal for Radamel Falcao, subject to the Monaco striker passing a medical and personal terms being agreed
- Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Former league boss Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Pienaar ruled outInjury has forced Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar to withdrawn from South Africa's squad due to play international friendlies this week.
- Partizan win marred by crowd troubleSerbian champions Partizan Belgrade came from behind to beat city rivals OFK 3-1 on Sunday, but their success was marred by serious crowd trouble among groups of their own fans.
- Slew set for spell on sidelinesOn-loan Oldham striker Jordan Slew suffered another injury setback during the 1-0 win over Portsmouth. Slew was hurt against Walsall and missed the Stevenage game, returning to parent cl...
- Game of Thrones tour of Dubrovnik is more than just fantasyGet to the heart of the Seven Kingdoms and discover the real King's Landing on this cruise ship excursion with a difference
- Gamescom 2013: Live updates on the news, gameplay footage, trailers and announcements from day threeIt's day three of gamescom 2013 and we have live news and updates coming direct from Cologne, Germany.
- Transfer news LIVE: All of Thursday's gossip, rumours and done deals as they happenWho? What? When? Where? How? Which? All those questions and more (possibly) answered in Thursday's transfer live blog
- Edinburgh TV festival LIVE: Follow GEITF news and live updates, as they happenLet us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below or tweeting us at @MirrorTVNews
- Ricky Gervais plans David Brent film based around hit YouTube series Learn To Play GuitarComedian is planning a David Brent film, album and world tour as he resurrects his most famous small screen character
- Little Mix join forces with Caroline Flack and tell cancer to jog onWHAT a bunch a beauties.
- Myleene Klass does the school run in animal print and heels comboNOT bad for a Monday morning.
- Peaches Geldof plays proud mummy in intimate family picturesTHEY look so content.
- Judge rules in favour of Emma Thompson in Effie court caseEMMA THOMPSON has been given the go-ahead to proceed with a movie about the lives of 19th century poet JOHN RUSKIN, his wife EFFIE GRAY and her lover, painter JOHN EVERETT MILLIAS, after...
- Eva Mendes organised special 'mothers' day' for film researchActress EVA MENDES gathered up all the mums in her life for an intensive 'mothers' day' so she could get a feel for what it's like to be a woman with a kid for her new film THE PLACE AMO...
- Samsung vows to expand Smart Home platform, add third-party gadgetsSamsung's connected home tech will shortly be getting a boost, the South Korean tech giant has promised, with a software development kit due later this year.
- Piggyback tech: Winning tack for Nook and Windows Phone?Commentary: Microsoft and Barnes & Noble have both brought key software to alternative devices that have a solid footing. But just one has a clear-cut edge.
- Samsung needs a hit with Galaxy Note 4 as Apple preps its own phabletApple is expected to launch its own big-screen smartphones a week after Samsung's Unpacked event, putting more pressure on the Korean electronics giant.
- Best mobile games of August 2014Looking for a new game to play on your mobile device? Here's our pick of the best released in August 2014.
- Samsung reveals 'affordable' Wi-Fi streaming speakerGrab your tech passport and travel to Berlin for the massive IFA consumer-electronics tradeshow.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advanceKIEV/MOSCOW (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko accused Russia on Monday of "direct and open aggression" which he said had radically changed the battlefield balance as Kiev's...
- British government says it has no contingency plans for possible Scottish breakawayLONDON (Reuters) - The British government said on Monday it was not drawing up contingency plans for a surprise vote in favour of Scottish independence, less than three weeks before Scotl...
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TVISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Pakistani soldiers and paramilitary forces secured the headquarters of the state television channel PTV in Islamabad on Monday after a crowd of anti-government prote...
- After deadline, Iran says held serious nuclear talks with IAEADUBAI/VIENNA (Reuters) - Iran held serious discussions with the U.N. nuclear watchdog on Sunday about issues that are part of an investigation into suspicions Tehran has conducted atomic ...
- Japan and India vow to boost strategic ties during summitTOKYO (Reuters) - Japan and India agreed on Monday to strengthen strategic ties as Asia's second and third biggest economies keep a wary eye on a rising China, and said they would acceler...
- Mark Reynolds earns Scotland callMark Reynolds has been drafted into the Scotland squad for the 2016 European Championship qualifier against Germany in Dortmund next Sunday.
- Gerrard: Mario can be Anfield idolSteven Gerrard is confident Mario Balotelli will become a "terrific player" for Liverpool and expects the club's fans to welcome him.
- Suarez made return to Liverpool training ground to say goodbyeLiverpool captain Steven Gerrard bid an "emotional" farewell to his former team-mate Luis Suarez on Monday morning as the striker made a brief return visit to the Reds' training ground.
- Remy ready for Chelsea challengeLoic Remy is hoping to discover his best form under Jose Mourinho after almost certainly becoming Chelsea's final addition of the 2014 summer transfer window.
- Sleeping driver jailed for deaths of cyclists on charity ride from Land's End to John O'GroatsA lorry driver who fell asleep at the wheel, killing two cyclists taking part in a charity ride from Land's End to John O'Groats, has been jailed for eight and a half years.
- Grounds maintenance teams will cut back by not cutting backThe upkeep of private ground by Perth and Kinross Council was this week described as ''ludicrous''.
- Thousands brave cold for Dundee Christmas Light Night 2011The festive season officially arrived in Dundee on Friday as around 25,000 people braved the cold for the switching-on of the Christmas lights.
- 'New' name for Dundee street would be link to medieval pastA long-abandoned medieval street name could soon return to Dundee.
- Lingerie boss Michelle Mone's Carnoustie kitchen all part of her great support for Erskine charityAn Angus couple this week told how Scottish lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone cooked for them in their home — and then did the washing up!
- VIDEO: Gordon Brown contributes to student's football-themed documentaryA Fife university student enrolled the help of the former Prime Minister to make a moving documentary about the Blue Brazil.
- Wales breaking news, Monday 1 September, 2014The latest live news, sport, traffic, weather, comment and showbiz from Wales
- Nato Summit 2014: The roads to avoid in CardiffAll eyes will be on Wales as world leaders are set to gather at the Celtic Manor resort in Newport over September 4 and 5 with some events being held in Cardiff
- Transfer deadline day Live: Swansea City and Cardiff City breaking deals and latest rumoursKeep in touch with the latest live news on transfer deadline day as Swansea City and Cardiff City both expect players to arrive and depart
- Cardiff City: The burning issues tinkerman Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must deal with during the international breakSteve Tucker argues the Norwegian boss must keep faith with Matt Connolly, decide on a partner for Kenwyne Jones and bring Craig Noone straight back after injury
- Swansea City confirm the signing of striker Modou Barrow for an undisclosed feeThe youngster will link up with the Swans Under-21's and will go straight into the team to face Birmingham City this evening
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland
- Ashya's Parents Kept In Police CustodyAshya, who has a brain tumour, is also not able to have visits from his six siblings who are also still in Spain because he is under police guard at the Materno-Infantil hospital. The co...
- Obama seeks to do no harm to Democrats in midtermsWASHINGTON (AP) — Hampered by low approval ratings and an unfriendly electoral map, President Barack Obama enters the fall campaign as a liability to some vulnerable Democrats and a targ...
- Lesotho PM calls for regional peace force after 'coup' - aideBy Marafaele Mohloboli MASERU (Reuters) - Lesotho's prime minister has asked southern African states to send peacekeepers into his mountain kingdom to restore order after an apparen...
- Booming budget surplus raises pressure on GermanyBy Michelle Martin and Noah Barkin BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany posted its biggest budget surplus since reunification in the first half of 2014, underscoring the strength of its finances a...
- McArthur Set For Palace MoveCrystal Palace are set to sign James McArthur from Wigan Athletic for a club record fee of £7million.
- Captured IS Suicide Bomber Reveals ThreatThe first Islamic State suicide bomber caught in Iraq tells Sky News there are more foreign fighters like him, including Britons.IS suicide bomber talks to Sky News
- Ashya's Parents 'Begged' To See Sick SonGrandmother Patricia King says her son and daughter-in-law were refused permission to visit Ashya after being arrested.Spanish policemen stand guard as a police van carrying the parents o...
- Charles Bronson Jailed For Attack On GovernorCharles Bronson has been sentenced to two years for the actual bodily harm of a prison governor.Charles Bronson sentenced to two years for assault on prison governor
- Leaked Nude Celeb Photos Spark Hacking FearsJennifer Lawrence is just one of dozens of film and music stars who appear to have been affected by the hacking.Jennifer Lawrence, best actress winner for her role in "Silver Linings Play...
- Sky Poll: Young Not Engaged In PoliticsOur survey is part of Stand Up Be Counted, a brand new campaign designed by Sky News to give young people a voice.Stand Up Be Counted
- Boyd completes Burnley moveBurnley have confirmed the signing of George Boyd from Hull City for an undisclosed fee.
- Grayson plays down Leeds talkPreston manager Simon Grayson has dismissed talk of him returning to Leeds as "wide off the mark".
- Holtby having Hamburg medicalTottenham midfielder Lewis Holtby is having a medical with Hamburg, according to Sky sources.
- Athenian has sales dateAthenian will be sold at the end of the year after gaining some valuable black type in Germany on Sunday.
- McGuinness: We had the beliefJim McGuinness hailed the character of his Donegal players following their outstanding All-Ireland semi-final win over Dublin.