General News UK World News Business Sport Technology Arts and Entertainment Lifestyle Science Opinion Weird Picture Video Blogs Podcasts
- Leaders grilled in election specialDavid Cameron and Ed Miliband are put on the spot over immigration, the EU and spending plans in the first set-piece TV broadcast of the election.
- Criminals to pay new court chargeConvicted criminals in England and Wales will have to pay up to £1,200 towards the cost of their court case under new rules, it is revealed.
- Policeman arrested over wife murderA serving police officer is arrested on suspicion of murdering his wife at their Northampton home.
- Housing market activity 'subdued'UK housing market activity has "remained subdued", the Nationwide says, as annual house price growth slows for the seventh month in a row.
- Office workers 'too sedentary'Office workers need to get off their backsides and move around more, according to a new campaign.
- UK surgeons complete Europe's first transplant of a non-beating heartHuseyin Ulucan, 60, from London, became the first successful recipient of a non-beating heart transplant after being operated on by surgeons at Papworth Hospital in Cambridgeshire.Video f...
- Five seriously injured after coach full of elderly tourists overturns along A83 near ArgyllIn total 20 people were injured after the coach overturned along the A83 near Argyll at around 2pm, rolling down an embankment and coming to rest just feet away from Loch Restil.A bus lay...
- Dumped fiance Jilted John reveals his snaps from Caribbean honeymoon with a strangerJohn Whitbread, 32, from Leicestershire, had a 'whirlwind adventure' with Kelly Wood, 36, from Lowestoft, who bought the plus-one ticket he raffled online but the pair insist they're just...
- Study reveals Antarctic ice shelves have shrunk by as much as 18% in ten yearsScientists at the University of California, San Diego, came to the conclusion after combining 18-years worth of ice shelf thinning data from three different sets of satellites from 1994-2...
- Battle of the Androids: Samsung's Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge go head to head with HTC One M9 as BOTH handsets go sale in US on April 10thAdvance orders for the new HTC One begin Friday, while orders for Samsung's Galaxy S6 phones start Friday as well, with delivery expected around April 10.
- Germanwings plane crash: Live updates as investigation continues into disasterInvestigators continue to try to figure out what possessed Andreas Lubitz, the doomed Germanwings passenger jet co-pilot, to intentionally bring the plane down
- Brandon Flowers tickets to see former The Killers frontman now on saleThe US rocker has announced a new UK tour ahead of the May 28 release of his new album The Desired Effect - tickets are now on sale
- Mansion tax: Most Tory supporters prefer Labour's housing policyFrom mansion tax to rent capping - do the Conservatives understand what their supporters actually want?
- Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz 'slipped through safety net' says airline bossThe killer was described as "100% fit to fly without any restrictions"
- Blind man hit twice by the same hybrid car after engine was 'too quiet' to hearThe father-of-two was hit twice on the same spot of road as he was walking to his mother's house
- UK surgeons complete Europe's first 'dead heart' transplantHuseyin Ulucan, from Bermondsey, south London, becomes the first successful recipient of a heart transplant from a non-beating heart donor in Europe
- Pictures of the day: 27 March 2015Space blessings, bathing buffalo and a minature king
- Duchess of Cambridge carries out last royal visits before birth of second childWilliam and Kate will begin their day by joining Baroness Doreen Lawrence at the Stephen Lawrence Centre in south London
- Should you carry out a background check on your new partner?With online dating accounting for a fifth of new relationships, should you carry out due diligence before things get serious, asks Caroline Kent
- Children, women and men need a Family Union to represent all their interestsTo achieve real parity between men and women, boys and girls, we need the equivalent of a nationwide trade union, argues Neil Lyndon
- Cameron, Miliband battle in first TV ‘debate’Labour challenger impresses at venue but public back PM 54% to 46%
- MPs rebuke ‘dysfunctional’ City regulatorCity watchdog pressed to undertake independent health check
- London property slowdown gathers momentumAverage Q1 house price growth in UK capital at 1%
- RBS confirms Coutts International saleDeal with UBP will result in £200m goodwill writedown for UK lender
- Airlines toughen up cockpit rulesMarseille prosecutor says co-pilot wanted to ‘destroy the plane’ when left alone on the flight deck
- Ed Miliband attacked in street by thugs wearing masks of SNP ex-leader Alex SalmondLABOUR leader Ed Miliband was attacked by thuggish protesters – some wearing facemasks of SNP ex-leader Alex Salmond - as he left a campaign event.
- Did 'rude' Richard III historian roll his eyes at reburial because HE got no mention?HE STUCK out like a sore thumb, theatrically rolling his eyes and shaking his head during what was an otherwise sombre reburial for a monarch long passed.
- VIDEO: Paxman asks Miliband if he's 'OK' after RELENTLESS leaders' debate questioningTHIS is the moment Jeremy Paxman asked Ed Miliband if he was "OK" after RELENTLESS questioning in the first leaders' debate ahead of the election.
- Police search house of Flight 4U952 co-pilot who murdered 149 people onboard doomed planePOLICE have searched the home of co-pilot Andreas Lubitz, as they hunt for clues as to what led the "experienced" airman to deliberately crash the Germanwings jet in to the Alps.
- Lara Stone 'set to serve David Walliams divorce papers NEXT MONTH' following separationTHEY agreed a trial separation earlier this month but Lara Stone is set to serve David Walliams with divorce papers in just a few weeks time, it has been reported.
- Maria Sharapova suffers shock exit at the Miami Open• Russian loses in straight sets to world No97 Daria Gavrilova • Samantha Stosur among the other second-round winners Maria Sharapova suffered a shock second round exit at the Miami Open ...
- International football: what to look out for this weekendMartin O’Neill needs to find the right balance in midfield, Kieran Gibbs should start for England and Gareth Bale can shake off his clásico disappointment Group C looked likely to be a do...
- Virgin Radio set for comeback on new Sound Digital platformRichard Branson’s station one of 14, including two spin-off TalkSport outlets, to launch on second national commercial digital platform Virgin Radio is to return to the UK airwaves, alon...
- Election 2015: Cameron edges Miliband in first leaders' interviews – live reactionAfter the prime minister tops the polls for last night’s TV grilling by Jeremy Paxman, the Guardian’s politics team scoops up and analyses the fallout Catch up with our morning briefing ...
- Off-duty police officer arrested on suspicion of murdering his wifePolice were called to an address in Northampton and arrested a 49-year-old man An off-duty police officer has been arrested on suspicion of murdering his wife at their home. Police were ...
- RSS Feed Moving (scotsman.com)We are about to release our new site with a new look, feel and structure. Part of this release will involve the creation of new RSS feeds and the decommissioning of the current ones. Plea...
- The Rumour Mill: Tuesday's football news and gossipIn today's Rumour Mill: All the build-up to tonight's big match in Spain; Craig Brown linked with Northern Ireland vacancy; Rangers finance boss quits; plus the rest o
- Scottish Business Briefing - Tuesday 11 October, 2011WELCOME to scotsman.com's Scottish Business Briefing. Every morning we bring you a comprehensive round-up of all news affecting business in Scotland today.
- 'My views unwelcome north of the border', says PGA chief Sandy JonesSANDY Jones, the chief executive of the PGA, has said he feels his opinions on Scottish golf are unwelcome in certain quarters and claimed the skills within his organisation a
- Interview: Lee McConnell, athleteWITH the Olympic Games now almost within touching distance, the next year is mapped out for Lee McConnell, as it is for every other athlete who hopes to be in the Great Britai
- John Renbourn dead: Pentangle founder and folk icon dies of 'suspected heart attack'John Renbourn has passed away at the age of 70.
- Video shows the dangers of distracted teenage driversDistraction is the major factor in almost six out of ten moderate-to-severe crashes involving teenagers, according to "the most comprehensive research ever conducted" into teen drivers b...
- Germanwings plane crash: Pilots defend Andreas Lubitz saying investigators should not 'rush to conclusions'Pilots around the world have reacted with consternation to the conclusion that Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz deliberately crashed the plane into the French Alps.
- Andreas Lubitiz: Germanwings co-pilot 'deemed unsuitable for flight duties' during Lufthansa flight school trainingAndreas Lubitz was deemed ‘unsuitable for flight duties’ for a period of time during his training with Lufthansa and was receiving regular treatment for depression, sources have claimed ...
- New York City explosion: Man goes missing from lunch date with colleague at sushi restaurantA man is reportedly missing after he went on a lunch date with a co-worker at a restaurant that was caught up in a suspected gas explosion in New York .
- Easyjet’s flights are among the first with new two-person cockpit ruleAD_143567748.jpgrobwaugh1974SCHOENEFELD, GERMANY - AUGUST 16: A passenger plane of discount airline easyJet arrives at Schoenefeld Airport, which is adjacent to the new Willy Brandt Berlin Brandenburg International Airport, on August 16, 2013 in Schoenefeld, Germany. The govering authority of the new airport is meeting today and authority head Hartmut Mehdorn is reportedly seeking to begin operation of a portion of the new aiport in the near future. Originally scheduled to begin operation in 2012, the opening was delayed following technical difficulties in the fire safety system. According to a recently released report by Siemens, the company partially in charge of installing the fire safety system, completion of the aiport could be delayed until 2015. (Photo by Sean Gallup/Getty Images) Monarch, Thomas Cook and Virgin Atlantic also adopting new safety rule in wake of Germanwings tragedy
- Baby born with 12 on his forehead, what could it mean?Hanru van NiekerkjimmynsubugaukmetroHanru van Niekerk, baby 12 At least the birth mark on this baby’s head wasn't 13. That would have been unlucky.
- Moment huge gorse fire burned out of control in Dartmoor beauty spotAD_164146484.jpgamywillisFirefighters work to extinguish a large gorse fire on Trendlebere Down, near Bovey Tracey, Devon, which blazed out of control last night . Firefighters spent six hours dealing with the blaze which covered several acres, March 25 2015.Firefighters work to extinguish a large gorse fire on Trendlebere Down, near Bovey Tracey, Devon, which blazed out of control last night . Firefighters spent six hours dealing with the blaze which covered several acres, March 25 2015.Firefighters work to extinguish a large gorse fire on Trendlebere Down, near Bovey Tracey, Devon, which blazed out of control last night . Firefighters spent six hours dealing with the blaze which covered several acres, March 25 2015.Firefighters work to extinguish a large gorse fire on Trendlebere Down, near Bovey Tracey, Devon, which blazed out of control last night . Firefighters spent six hours dealing with the blaze which covered several acres, March 25 2015. The blaze spanned several acres on Trendlebere Down, near Bovey Tracey, Devon and could be seen for miles.
- Germanwings flight 9525: Depressed pilot in French Alps crash may have recently split from love interestGermanwings A320 crashes over French AlpsamywillisGermanwings A320 crashes over French Alps(Picture: Reuters)epaselect epa04678498 A search and rescue worker at the crash site of the Germanwings Airbus A320 that crashed in the French Alps, above the town of Seyne-les-Alpes, southeastern France, 25 March 2015. Search crews resumed helicopter flights around dawn on 25 March to the remote mountainside where Germanwings Flight 4U 9525 from Barcelona to Duesseldorf crashed after a rapid descent, likely killing all 150 people aboard on 24 March. EPA/GUILLAUME HORCAJUELO(Picture: Reuters) The pilot of the fatal Germanwings crash may have been struggling to cope after breaking up with his partner, it has been reported.
- ‘Significant discovery’ made by police at home of Germanwings co-pilotAndreas-Lubitz (1)harryacr(Picture: Reuters) Andreas Lubitz downed the plane over the French Alps, killing 150 passengers and crew. Andreas-LubitzAndreas-Lubitz (2)
- New Rangers board to hold crisis talks over Gael Bigirimana illness and the 'Toon 5' loan riddleTHE Ibrox board will hold it's first official meeting today and top of the agenda will be finding out why Derek Llambias and Barry Leach sanctioned signing of all five Newcastle players w...
- Germanwings plane crash: Live updates as investigations into tragedy continueA DAY after it was confirmed co-pilot Andreas Lubitz had deliberately brought the plane carrying 144 passengers down in the French Alps investigators continue to try and determine what po...
- Barry Ferguson: Rangers loan star Gael Bigirimana's illness riddle puts Derek Llambias and Barry Leach in dockBARRY says damaged goods is exactly what Rangers got when they signed the deadline-day deal to bring Bigirimana in on loan with carrying out a medical.
- Drunken teen yobs trash family home after daughter's pal posts about 'empty' on FacebookKAREN McGUINNESS was horrified to return from a short break to find her home "ruined" after her daughter's friend had posted her address on social media saying she was heading to an 'empty'.
- Germanwings plane crash: Recap as investigations into French Alps disaster continuesRelatives of the 150 people killed will visit the crash site in the French Alps
- EXCLUSIVE: Footballer's future in crisis after sick taunts about Steven Gerrard's daughterA TEENAGE footballer could be booted out of his club after making sick comments about Steven Gerrard’s three-year-old daughter.
- Brave Kellie Maloney gets a standing ovation at the Ukip conferenceFORMER boxing promoter Kellie Maloney got a standing ovation after an emotional speech at Ukip’s spring conference.
- One ALE of a tax dodge! Customs officers seize 39,000 smuggled pintsCUSTOMS officers seize 39,000 pints of beer every day in a war against booze bandits.
- Britain's cold snap DEATH toll to hit 50K as winter victims are on the riseBRITAIN’S winter death toll is set to hit a shocking 50,000 – the biggest for 39 years.
- EXCLUSIVE: Soldier chasing Jihadi John is a pal of American Sniper Chris KyleTHE SOLDIER tasked with taking out Islamic State maniac Jihadi John is a pal of American Sniper Chris Kyle.
- Ten-man Swansea defeat LaticsGylfi Sigurdsson struck either side of the interval to secure a deserved 2-0 victory for 10-man Swansea at the Premier League basement boys Wigan.
- Dunn snatches point for RoversDavid Dunn earned Blackburn a valuable point in the fight against relegation with a headed equaliser five minutes from time in a 1-1 draw against Aston Villa at Ewood Park.
- City stretch leadMario Balotelli again took centre stage as Manchester City saw off Bolton 2-0 to move five points clear at the top of the Barclays Premier League.
- Baggies pile pressure on AVBWest Brom defender Gareth McAuley increased the pressure on Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas with a late winner in the 1-0 Barclays Premier League clash at the Hawthorns.
- Van Persie bags brace at LiverpoolLiverpool paid for missing a penalty and hitting the post twice as Arsenal's Robin van Persie scored twice to snatch a late 2-1 Barclays Premier League victory at Anfield.
- Review: Professor Green at 02 Academy, BirminghamRapper Professor Green showed energy and enthusiasm in his Birmingham performance
- Lap dancing plan in Birmingham rejected after protests from blind charityBlind charity protests lead to application for Lace Gentlemens Club on John Bright Street being rejected
- Letisha Shakespeare and Charlene Ellis memorial education annual award scheme to endThe award scheme was set up in 2006 to help disadvantaged students achieve their career goals
- Man who died after suspected hit-and-run accident is namedPolice question 18-year-old after body found in Rugeley
- Kings Norton church sealed off after sex attackPolice investigate sexual assault near church at Kings Norton
- What will move the needle?BLISS it is in this dawn to be a Conservative. Or at least, it should be. With the general election six weeks away, Britain’s main governing party presides over a growing economy and zer...
- They haven’t gone awayDO PRIME MINISTERS go mad in office, as David Cameron suggested in his kitchen on March 23rd, with a nod to Tony Blair and Margaret Thatcher? Or do their supporters, increasingly irked b...
- The boomtown redsCHESTER is the sort of place George Osborne, the Conservative chancellor of the exchequer, has in mind when he boasts that Britain is the “comeback country”. This cathedral city in north...
- Studying jihad?IF THERESA MAY is in the running to be the next leader of the Conservative Party, as no less an authority than David Cameron believes, she will have to avoid missteps like the latest one...
- The retiring typeActually, maybe just two Unlike American presidents, British prime ministers are not limited to two terms. If they keep winning elections, they get to pick when to step down. That means ...
Wall Street Journal
- Co-Pilot Appears to Have Deliberately Crashed PlaneThe co-pilot of Germanwings Flight 9525 appears to have deliberately crashed the plane—leaving 150 people dead—after locking himself alone inside the cockpit, according to French prosecut...
- Victims' Relatives Attend Tribute in FranceRelatives of those who died on board Germanwings Flight 9525 arrived near the scene of the crash, in the wake of revelations that their loved ones appear to have been willfully flown to t...
- Co-Pilot's Possible Motive in Germanwings Crash Is MysteryThe man suspected of flying himself and 149 people to their deaths was a quiet, 27-year old German who had a passion for gliders and competitive running, and an unexplained gap in his fli...
- Germanwings Crash Throws Spotlight on Cockpit SecurityNew details of the deadly crash of Germanwings Flight 9525 has reignited the debate over how best to protect an aircraft’s cockpit.image
- Air Crash Raises Security Threat Posed by InsidersEvidence that the co-pilot on the Germanwings flight locked the pilot out of the cockpit raises fresh concerns about the potential threat posed by insiders.image
- Sharapova suffers shock Miami exitMaria Sharapova suffers a surprise second-round defeat at the Miami Open but Caroline Wozniacki goes through.
- World Cup stage set for ideal finalAustralia v New Zealand is the best final the World Cup could have hoped for, says BBC cricket correspondent Jonathan Agnew.
- 'Babies' heads & bouncing bikes'British sprinter Mark Cavendish gives his seven steps for success in cycling's cobbled classic mini-season.
- Hamilton hits trouble in practiceNico Rosberg sets the pace in first practice at the Malaysian Grand Prix as Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton hits car trouble.
- Rooney wary of building up KaneWayne Rooney warns against putting too much pressure on striker Harry Kane ahead of what could be his England debut.
- Near-perfect Van Gerwen storms on in DublinMichael van Gerwen once again missed double 12 for a perfect nine-dart leg but powered on to maintain his spot at the top of the Premier League table
- Del Potro struggles continue as Wozniacki breezes throughJuan Martin del Potro's latest comeback from an injury is off to a slow start
- Theo Walcott: No rift with Arsenal manager WengerArsenal forward Theo Walcott has denied reports of a disagreement with manager Arsene Wenger and that an impasse has been reached over a new contract
- Graeme McDowell suffers injury scare ahead of MastersGraeme McDowell has been forced to withdraw from the Valero Texas Open in San Antonio with an ankle injury
- Coetzee eyes Masters place after strong Morocco startGeorge Coetzee and Marcel Siem kept their hopes of qualifying for the Masters very much alive on the opening day of the Hassan Trophy at Golf du Palais Royal
- Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Former league boss Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Pienaar ruled outInjury has forced Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar to withdrawn from South Africa's squad due to play international friendlies this week.
- Partizan win marred by crowd troubleSerbian champions Partizan Belgrade came from behind to beat city rivals OFK 3-1 on Sunday, but their success was marred by serious crowd trouble among groups of their own fans.
- Slew set for spell on sidelinesOn-loan Oldham striker Jordan Slew suffered another injury setback during the 1-0 win over Portsmouth. Slew was hurt against Walsall and missed the Stevenage game, returning to parent cl...
- Game of Thrones tour of Dubrovnik is more than just fantasyGet to the heart of the Seven Kingdoms and discover the real King's Landing on this cruise ship excursion with a difference
- Gamescom 2013: Live updates on the news, gameplay footage, trailers and announcements from day threeIt's day three of gamescom 2013 and we have live news and updates coming direct from Cologne, Germany.
- Transfer news LIVE: All of Thursday's gossip, rumours and done deals as they happenWho? What? When? Where? How? Which? All those questions and more (possibly) answered in Thursday's transfer live blog
- Edinburgh TV festival LIVE: Follow GEITF news and live updates, as they happenLet us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below or tweeting us at @MirrorTVNews
- Ricky Gervais plans David Brent film based around hit YouTube series Learn To Play GuitarComedian is planning a David Brent film, album and world tour as he resurrects his most famous small screen character
- Little Mix join forces with Caroline Flack and tell cancer to jog onWHAT a bunch a beauties.
- Myleene Klass does the school run in animal print and heels comboNOT bad for a Monday morning.
- Peaches Geldof plays proud mummy in intimate family picturesTHEY look so content.
- Judge rules in favour of Emma Thompson in Effie court caseEMMA THOMPSON has been given the go-ahead to proceed with a movie about the lives of 19th century poet JOHN RUSKIN, his wife EFFIE GRAY and her lover, painter JOHN EVERETT MILLIAS, after...
- Eva Mendes organised special 'mothers' day' for film researchActress EVA MENDES gathered up all the mums in her life for an intensive 'mothers' day' so she could get a feel for what it's like to be a woman with a kid for her new film THE PLACE AMO...
- Festo unleashes new robotic swarm of ants and butterfliesBiology-inspired robotics company Festo has revealed its latest animal robots -- cooperative ants and lightweight butterflies.
- Periscope dethrones Meerkat in quest for live-video dominanceMeerkat has enjoyed over a month of dominance in the streaming-video category, but Twitter's release of Periscope has changed all that. Here's why.
- Clean Reader: The app that censors rude words from ebooksAn ebook reader app allows sensitive readers to censor the naughty words they find offensive, replacing them with less risque alternatives.
- Patent group raises new fees -- and uncertainty -- for 4K videoHigh-resolution video could arrive later and cost more because of a surprise royalty demand for video compression technology called HEVC.
- Lyft gets all social with personalized 'profiles'The ride-hailing service will soon let passengers and drivers share more about themselves, such as their hometown and music tastes.
- Bank of England's Broadbent sees 'pretty low' UK deflation riskLONDON (Reuters) - Britain is unlikely to suffer from protracted deflation, Bank of England Deputy Governor Ben Broadbent said on Friday, adding his voice to colleagues who have played do...
- Planes of Saudi-led alliance hit Yemen capital, Houthi heartlandSANAA (Reuters) - Warplanes hit Yemen's Houthi-controlled capital and the Shi'ite Muslim group's northern heartland on Friday, the second day of a Saudi-led campaign to stop the militia e...
- Switzerland's UBP to buy RBS's Coutts InternationalZURICH/LONDON (Reuters) - Union Bancaire Privee (UBP) has agreed to buy Royal Bank of Scotland's international private banking business Coutts International, as the Swiss private bank con...
- Co-pilot suspected of deliberately crashing Germanwings jetPARIS/SEYNE-LES-ALPES (Reuters) - A young German co-pilot barricaded himself alone in the cockpit of Germanwings flight 9525 and apparently set it on course to crash into an Alpine mounta...
- UK house price growth slows again in March - NationwideLONDON (Reuters) - British house prices rose in March by the smallest annual amount since September 2013, figures from mortgage lender Nationwide showed on Friday, adding to signs the cou...
- Consultation launched on possible 'revenge porn' lawA consultation has been launched as to whether new legislation is needed to tackle the problem of so-called "revenge porn".
- Haywood realises GB dreamBraehead Clan's Matt Haywood says it's a dream come true to be called up for the Great Britain World Championship squad next month.
- Jeremy Paxman's the real winner in the first TV election debateWelcome back Jeremy Paxman.
- Snooker: End of the road for Scots in BangkokIT was double disaster in Bangkok as Scotland's final two hopes slumped to second round defeat on Thursday.
- Guard of honour for champions, then down to business, says HigginsQueen of the South will give champions Hearts a guard of honour at Tynecastle tomorrow - but skipper Chris Higgins says that is where their courtesy will end.
- Grounds maintenance teams will cut back by not cutting backThe upkeep of private ground by Perth and Kinross Council was this week described as ''ludicrous''.
- Thousands brave cold for Dundee Christmas Light Night 2011The festive season officially arrived in Dundee on Friday as around 25,000 people braved the cold for the switching-on of the Christmas lights.
- 'New' name for Dundee street would be link to medieval pastA long-abandoned medieval street name could soon return to Dundee.
- Lingerie boss Michelle Mone's Carnoustie kitchen all part of her great support for Erskine charityAn Angus couple this week told how Scottish lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone cooked for them in their home — and then did the washing up!
- VIDEO: Gordon Brown contributes to student's football-themed documentaryA Fife university student enrolled the help of the former Prime Minister to make a moving documentary about the Blue Brazil.
- Wales breaking news plus live traffic, weather and M4 updates (Friday, March 27)The latest live news, sport, traffic, weather, comment and showbiz from Wales
- Students turn to prostitution and sex work to help pay for their studiesThe first survey of its kind by Swansea University has shown students are turning to the sex industry to help pay for their studies
- David Cameron's attacks on the Welsh NHS have not weakened Labour's support in Wales, the party's election supremo claimsDouglas Alexander insists Labour heartlands will not be taken for granted during the election campaign
- The UK will never be stable unless there is a vision for its future, peers warn as they sound alarm bell on devolutionThe House of Lords' constitution committee is 'deeply concerned' at how devolution has unfolded with a lack of consideration for how other parts of the union are affected
- RSPCA issues stark warning the number of neglected and abused horses in Wales is at a 'critical' levelThe animal welfare charity said that Wales is in the grip of a horse crisis after it released new figures showing the extent of the problem
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland
- Rosberg fastest, Hamilton suffers engine issueBy John O'Brien SEPANG, Malaysia (Reuters) - Nico Rosberg dominated the first free practice session for the Malaysian Grand Prix on Friday but Mercedes were left scratching their he...
- Penpix of the Australian squad for World Cup finalPenpix of the Australia squad that will play the cricket World Cup final against New Zealand at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Sunday. Apart from being one of Australia's finest ba...
- Penpix of the New Zealand squad for the World Cup final(Reuters) - Penpix of the New Zealand squad that will play the cricket World Cup final against Australia at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Sunday. He has scored four half-centuries at th...
- Pelosi irks some allies to help craft rare bipartisan billWASHINGTON (AP) — House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi is bruising some key liberal allies by helping craft a rare bipartisan accord on Medicare.
- Underarm incident still resonates before World Cup finalBy John Mehaffey MELBOURNE (Reuters) - New Zealand's cricketing Gallipoli came on Feb. 1, 1981 when Australia captain Greg Chappell instructed his brother Trevor to bowl the last ball of ...
- 'Significant Find' At French Alps Co-Pilot's HomeInvestigators take away boxes from a flat in Dusseldorf and a home in Montabaur which Andreas Lubitz shared with his parents.Facebook profile picture of Germanwings co pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 'Tough Enough' Miliband Battles With CameronThe Labour leader and the Prime Minister discuss zero-hours contracts and immigration in the Battle for Number 10.Miliband interviewed by Paxman
- Cameron And Miliband In Their Own WordsOver 90 minutes the two leaders attempted to woo voters with personality and policy. Here are key moments from their performances.Ed Miliband and David Cameron live
- One Quarter Of Students Consider Sex WorkA study finds that 5% of British students have worked in the sex industry, with many doing so to pay for basic living expenses.UK Students Involved In Sex Industry Work
- Policeman Held For Allegedly Murdering WifeThe 49-year-old is taken into custody after officers arrive at a home in Wootton Hall Park, Northampton.Police tape
- Rangers reach NHL play-offsThe New York Rangers clinched a play-off spot with a 5-1 win over the Ottawa Senators, ending goalie Andrew Hammond's recent dominance.
- Byram talks up Leeds youthSam Byram made his Leeds debut as a teenager, and he is convinced that the power of youth can help him fulfil his goals at Elland Road.
- Bedene handed UK passportTop-100 tennis player Aljaz Bedene has switched his allegiance from Slovenia to Great Britain and becomes the country’s second highest ranked player behind Andy Murray.
- New injury blow for SturridgeDaniel Sturridge could be out of action for a month after Roy Hodgson revealed the Liverpool striker had suffered a ‘slight muscle tear’.
- P1: Mixed fortunes at MercedesThe Mercedes drivers suffered a Practice One of sharply contrasting fortunes at the Malaysia GP as Nico Rosberg set the pace while Lewis Hamilton ran into engine problems inside four laps.