General News UK World News Business Sport Technology Arts and Entertainment Lifestyle Science Opinion Weird Picture Video Blogs Podcasts
- NHS 'needs extra cash and overhaul'The NHS in England needs extra money and drastic changes to the way services are organised if patient care is not to suffer, health bosses say.
- Police killer Roberts to be freedPolice killer Harry Roberts is to be released after more than 45 years - a Parole Board decision described as "scandalous".
- Singer Alvin Stardust dies aged 72Singer Alvin Stardust, best known for his hit My Coo Ca Choo, dies aged 72 after recently being diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer.
- Tesco boss to quit over profits errorTesco chairman Sir Richard Broadbent will leave the firm after the company announced a bigger-than-forecast hole in its profits.
- Lloyds expected to cut 9,000 jobsLloyds Banking Group is planning to cut around 9,000 jobs - around a tenth of its entire workforce - over the next three years, the BBC understands.
- Natasha Mash discovers brown mark she thought was melted chocolate is CANCERNatasha Mash, from Watford, Hertfordshire, was told by a doctor her mole was nothing to worry about. But another doctor noticed the mark and she was diagnosed with deadly skin cancer.
- Mark Pearson who made £60m from My Voucher Codes website inspired by upbringingMark Pearson, pictured with his mother, said his impoverished Liverpool upbringing - which saw him and his sister (left) moved to a refuge - inspired him to set up My Voucher Codes.COLLEC...
- Kevin Vickers pictured in Parliament moments after killing Michael Zehaf-BibeauThe Parliament's head of security, sergeant-at-arms Kevin Vickers, 58, reportedly took down Zehaf-Bibeau in a dramatic hail of gunfire.
- Alice Gross family 'say goodbye' as community pays respects at her funeralMourners lined the streets of west London as the funeral cortege for the murdered 14-year-old passed by the clock tower near her home in Hanwell where flowers have been laid in her memory.
- Nathan Cirillo, Canada Parliament terror victim's final photoA tourist snapped what is likely the last photo of Cirillo taken before the horrific act of terror in Ottawa on Wednesday.
- Harry Roberts release: A notorious police killer whose 'heinous crime' shocked a nationThe 78-year-old has reportedly been cleared for release by parole chiefs, despite a judge at his 1966 trial saying he should never be released
- Why the NHS should pay you £1,357 a year not to eat chocolateStudies have shown that paying people to lose weight actually works - they lose more weight and they lose it faster. Would it be cheaper for the NHS to pay people not to get fat, rather t...
- Shocking pictures of British couple found dead in Indian hotel room surrounded by prescription drugsJames and Alexandra Gaskell were found next to boxes of tablets hours after posting comments online about the ease of getting medicines for pharmacies
- First picture of dad killed along with son in house fire that also left boy aged 11 fighting for lifeDarren and Paul Sykes were both found in the blaze - people living around the semi-detached house said the scene was horrific when flames ripped through the property
- Bigamist exposed when shocked wife finds photos from SECOND wedding on FacebookMaurice Gibney forked out £45,000 for a lavish ceremony in the Middle East and kept his secret bride under wraps for 11 months before his wife found out
- Lightsaber academy: learn how to fight like a JediWhereas some men are shy about their sci-fi pursuits, others turn a love of Star Wars into a way of life. Gareth May discovers that the lightsaber is more than just a fictional weapon
- Swivelling backpack could help combat the Tube crushNew rucksack switches from its wearer's back to their front without being removed
- Mauricio Pochettino: Jan Vertonghen important player for TottenhamTottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino responds to speculation linking Jan Vertonghen with a move away from White Hart Lane
- Boardwalk Empire in picturesBoardwalk Empire ends with season five's finale in autumn 2014. Here's Steve Buscemi and the cast of the HBO series in pictures
- The Mad World of Sign LanguageA fourth annual volume of strange signs spotted by Telegraph readers is out now - here are some of the funniest pictures from the book
- Broadbent to step down as Tesco chairmanFCA continues to investigate £263m profit overstatement
- Foxtons shares tumble on warningEstate agent hit by ‘sharp and recent’ slowing in London sales volumes
- Low rates here to stay, says BoE deputyBen Broadbent cites lack of inflationary pressures over 30 years
- Credit Suisse cuts investment bank againChief executive Brady Dougan says aim is to cut leverage exposure by a further SFr70bn
- Eurozone business activity expandsIncrease in October confounds market expectations
- Alice Gross' parents remember the 'spirited' and 'vital' schoolgirl as she is laid to restTHE FAMILY of murdered teenager Alice Gross said today that her funeral was a celebration of the "joy of having known her".
- EXCLUSIVE: Cameron braced for new blow as Ukip surge in Rochester by-election pollUKIP is on course to storm to victory in the Rochester and Strood by-election and deliver another blow to David Cameron’s leadership.
- Canada PM vows country 'will never be intimidated' after Ottawa shootingCANADA'S Prime Minister has vowed his country "will never be intimidated" by terrorists after a soldier guarding the National War Memorial was shot dead.
- Richard Madeley makes formal complaint to the Metropolitan Police over rape threatsRICHARD MADELEY and his daughter Chloe have made a formal complaint to the police with regards to the rape threats she received last week.
- Loose Women ratings double as 2million tune in to watch Lynda Bellingham's final interviewAROUND two million people tuned in to Loose Women yesterday to watch Lynda Bellingham's heartbreaking last ever interview.
- Philip Hammond questioned by intelligence and security committee: Politics Live blogRolling coverage of all the days political developments as they happen, including Nick Clegg hosting his LBC phone-in and Sir David Omand and Philip Hammond giving evidence to the intell...
- Diego Costa set to miss Manchester United trip with new groin strainChelsea striker suffered injury on Spain duty Has been plagued by hamstring trouble and illness Blues also await scan results on Lioc Rémys groin injury Jacob Steinberg: Drogba is Chelsea...
- Alice Gross funeral: family leads musical tribute to murdered schoolgirlTeenagers love of music reflected in a number of songs dedicated to her memory, including You are my Sunshine Videos of the murdered teenager Alice Gross playing and singing songs were pl...
- EU climate policy being 'taken hostage' by Ukip, MEPs sayDavid Cameron must show courage to face down Ukip-friendly backbenchers or UK risks undermining a strong 2030 goal on saving energy, warn MEPs Ukip is casting a shadow over Europes clima...
- CBI warns export demand is slowing in latest sign of faltering UK recoveryBusiness group gloomy as sluggish eurozone and strong pound drags down UK exported goods to lowest figure for 18 months Falling demand for British goods abroad weighed on manufacturers in...
- RSS Feed Moving (scotsman.com)We are about to release our new site with a new look, feel and structure. Part of this release will involve the creation of new RSS feeds and the decommissioning of the current ones. Plea...
- The Rumour Mill: Tuesday's football news and gossipIn today's Rumour Mill: All the build-up to tonight's big match in Spain; Craig Brown linked with Northern Ireland vacancy; Rangers finance boss quits; plus the rest o
- Scottish Business Briefing - Tuesday 11 October, 2011WELCOME to scotsman.com's Scottish Business Briefing. Every morning we bring you a comprehensive round-up of all news affecting business in Scotland today.
- 'My views unwelcome north of the border', says PGA chief Sandy JonesSANDY Jones, the chief executive of the PGA, has said he feels his opinions on Scottish golf are unwelcome in certain quarters and claimed the skills within his organisation a
- Interview: Lee McConnell, athleteWITH the Olympic Games now almost within touching distance, the next year is mapped out for Lee McConnell, as it is for every other athlete who hopes to be in the Great Britai
- Video: Tiny black bear cub filmed wandering the aisles of Oregon pharmacyIf you go down to the shops today, you're in for a big surprise.
- Inside the 'School of Jihad': Isis militants release shocking videos showing what 'education' means for boys in the lands it occupiesForced viewings of beheadings and torture, training with weapons almost as big as they are and daily lessons in extremist theology: if you’re a boy growing up in Isis-controlled territor...
- Overshare and photobomb top lists of 2014's new words and phrasesOvershare and photobomb are 2014’s words of the year, according to Collins and Chambers dictionaries.
- US tobacco company bans employees from smoking at their desksAs ironies go, this is up there with the best of them - Camel cigarette maker Reynolds American Inc. is banning employees from smoking in its offices and buildings.
- Tesco shares tumble after boss Dave Lewis stays tight lipped on rescue planShares in Tesco took a battering after new boss Dave Lewis refused to reveal his plans to tackle the most devastating crisis in the supermarket’s history and return it to growth.
- Less Farage, more kitten – new app solves all our problemsAD_149647432.jpgmatthewpayton89 Would BBC Parliament be more watch-able if MPs were all kittens?
- RIP Nathan Cirillo: Photograph of fallen Canadian soldier’s last few days shared 25,000 times online in tributetwitteramywillis Photograph of Nathan Cirillo smiling alongside a blonde tourist just days before he died shared by tens of thousands in tribute.
- Cash for weight loss: Government to pay fat people to slim downAD_149651321.jpgharryacrVARIOUSSimon Stevens has defended the plans, which he says have had success in the U.S. (Picture: Getty Images) Employers will be given funds to reward staff who slim down. VARIOUSobesity-jpg_092457Simon-Stevens_2990407b
- Could Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield and Leeds merge to make northern supercity?super city-2 copymatthewpayton89 Are you a Manc or a Scouser? Do you like marching together or do you prefer a greasy chip butty?
- As Ebola hysteria grows, allay your fears with our handy ‘screening process’AD_142975107.jpgstephenmarrThe ebola virus (Picture: Alamy) It's got to be better than Gatwick's. But seriously, if you do think you have symptoms, bypass the quiz and go straight to hospital. ebola
- Record FC Dundee: We might be guilty of the odd howler - but at least we're not MotherwellGARY COCKER reckons burgeoning partnership between Clarkson and Stewart could add up to winning formula.
- Labour MP urges UK Government to formally recognise Palestine following House of Commons voteKaty Clark dismisses claims that Commons vote on Palestine is nothing more than a 'symbolic gesture' and calls on government to go one step further.
- Green Bus Fund allocates £3.7m to nine bus operatorsThe latest finding to nine operators is the fifth round from the Scottish Green Bus Fund to add a further 83 low carbon vehicles
- Record FC Hearts: We could throw away priceless points - if we get too complacentEDDIE NISBET reckons Hearts could go all the way this season - if they continue to show their ruthless side on the park.
- One Direction win Best UK & Ireland Act at the 2014 MTV EMA awardsTHE band beat Calvin Harris, Sam Smith Ed Sheeran and Cheryl Fernandez- Versini to win the award.
- Reeva's mum says justice has NOT been doneREEVA Steenkamp’s mum has slammed the soft jail term handed to killer Oscar Pistorius.
- Labour losing worker voters to UkipA TOP Labour MP has warned Ed Miliband he is losing working class voters to Ukip.
- Brit nurse that survived Ebola returns to Sierra LeoneA BRITISH nurse who survived deadly Ebola was yesterday back on the frontline in the battle against the killer virus.
- Easy royals: Kate Middleton's family slum itKATE Middleton’s family snubbed the royal lifestyle to slum it with EasyJet yesterday.
- Rochdale taxi Firm: You can book white driverA TAXI firm in a town rocked by Britain’s biggest Asian sex gang scandal has sparked a row by offering customers white drivers on demand.
- Ten-man Swansea defeat LaticsGylfi Sigurdsson struck either side of the interval to secure a deserved 2-0 victory for 10-man Swansea at the Premier League basement boys Wigan.
- Dunn snatches point for RoversDavid Dunn earned Blackburn a valuable point in the fight against relegation with a headed equaliser five minutes from time in a 1-1 draw against Aston Villa at Ewood Park.
- City stretch leadMario Balotelli again took centre stage as Manchester City saw off Bolton 2-0 to move five points clear at the top of the Barclays Premier League.
- Baggies pile pressure on AVBWest Brom defender Gareth McAuley increased the pressure on Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas with a late winner in the 1-0 Barclays Premier League clash at the Hawthorns.
- Van Persie bags brace at LiverpoolLiverpool paid for missing a penalty and hitting the post twice as Arsenal's Robin van Persie scored twice to snatch a late 2-1 Barclays Premier League victory at Anfield.
- Live: Birmingham and West Midlands news for October 23rdBringing you Thursday's live news, sport, traffic and weather from around Birmingham and the West Midlands as it happens
- Stirchley pub attack: Thug jailed for 13 years for battering man unconsciousWesley Jones admitted guilt after watching CCTV footage of assault which left victim in coma
- Police appeal over Tamworth hit-and-run accidentEight-year-old boy taken to hospital after being knocked from his bike in incident
- Erdington stabbing: Teenager charged with attempted murder16-year-old appears in court after man was found in Chester Road with stab injuries last Friday
- Medics at Birmingham Children's Hospital fight to save life of newborn baby after heart opKaleb Lewis underwent surgery within hours of his birth at the city’s women’s hospital on Tuesday
- Bagehot: Manhandling BritanniaIN THE chilly wee hours of referendum night, George Square in Glasgow presented a dissolute scene. Slumped against its Victorian monuments were gaggles of puffy-faced separatists, lookin...
- Property taxes: Lessons from Mr SmithADAM SMITH, the Scottish economist, argued that taxes should be efficient, certain, convenient and fair. Those ideals were invoked by John Swinney, Scotland’s finance minister, when on O...
- Bicycle rickshaws: Wild West EndPedallers peddling ON A brisk Tuesday evening most of the shops on Oxford Street, a busy London thoroughfare, are shutting for the night. But outside Selfridges, a posh department store,...
- Muslim Council of Britain: No one to talk toWHEN British Islamists killed 52 people with suicide-bombs in London in 2005, the government worked closely with the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB) to co-ordinate public reaction to the...
- Supermarkets: Trolley warsAisles of silly prices THERE has never been anything particularly distinguished about Kilburn High Road in north-west London. Now, though, there is a frisson of anticipation about the pl...
Wall Street Journal
- Clouds Darken for Blue ChipsBlue-chip companies are posting poor growth as their once-reliable formulas for success left them too big to switch tack quickly when market conditions changed.image
- Tesco Chairman to Step DownTesco said Chairman Richard Broadbent would step down as it revealed the accounting practices that led to an overstatement of its profit had occurred in prior periods as well.image
- Spain's Recovery ContinuesSpain’s economy likely grew 0.5% in the third quarter from the second, the central bank said. Separately, a solid summer tourist season drove a decrease in the unemployment rate to 23.7%,...
- London Real-Estate Market May Be CoolingHomes in the U.K. capital have been among the hottest global assets in recent years, but signs continue to suggest the heat is escaping.image
- Credit Suisse Beats ExpectationsSwiss bank Credit Suisse said third-quarter profit more than doubled, beating expectations, as it streamlined its wealth management unit.image
- Rowntree backs 'exceptional’ KruisForwards coach Graham Rowntree says George Kruis can be "a cat among the pigeons" and make his England debut next month.
- How taekwondo saved me from bullyingAfter a tough childhood in West Africa and exile in France, Mahama Cho could win Olympic gold for Britain in Rio.
- Pizzagate revisited - 10 years onThe 'Battle of the Buffet' 10 years on - the inside story of when Sir Alex Ferguson was pelted with pizza.
- Everton supporters attacked in Lille
- Sunderland sign defender ReveillereSunderland sign former France international defender Anthony Reveillere on a deal until the end of the season.
- Keane: Former United stars are 'like a mafia'Roy Keane has launched a typically feisty attack on former Manchester United players who he claims are acting "like a mafia" in their roles ambassadors at Old Trafford or as pundits on th...
- Olesen shoots course record to lead in AustraliaThorbjorn Olesen and John Wade shot course-record 64s at the Lake Karrinyup Country Club to share the lead after the first round of the Perth International on Thursday
- Sharapova has it all to do as Wozniacki marches onMaria Sharapova's hopes of winning the WTA Finals and ending the year as world No.1 took a huge blow on Thursday after she was resoundingly beaten by Petra Kvitova at the season-ending ch...
- Government keen on London NFL franchiseChancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne says the government are doing everything they can to get a full-time NFL franchise in London
- Andrew Flintoff signs for Brisbane HeatFormer England allrounder Andrew Flintoff has signed with Brisbane Heat for the forthcoming Big Bash League season
- Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Former league boss Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Pienaar ruled outInjury has forced Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar to withdrawn from South Africa's squad due to play international friendlies this week.
- Partizan win marred by crowd troubleSerbian champions Partizan Belgrade came from behind to beat city rivals OFK 3-1 on Sunday, but their success was marred by serious crowd trouble among groups of their own fans.
- Slew set for spell on sidelinesOn-loan Oldham striker Jordan Slew suffered another injury setback during the 1-0 win over Portsmouth. Slew was hurt against Walsall and missed the Stevenage game, returning to parent cl...
- Game of Thrones tour of Dubrovnik is more than just fantasyGet to the heart of the Seven Kingdoms and discover the real King's Landing on this cruise ship excursion with a difference
- Gamescom 2013: Live updates on the news, gameplay footage, trailers and announcements from day threeIt's day three of gamescom 2013 and we have live news and updates coming direct from Cologne, Germany.
- Transfer news LIVE: All of Thursday's gossip, rumours and done deals as they happenWho? What? When? Where? How? Which? All those questions and more (possibly) answered in Thursday's transfer live blog
- Edinburgh TV festival LIVE: Follow GEITF news and live updates, as they happenLet us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below or tweeting us at @MirrorTVNews
- Ricky Gervais plans David Brent film based around hit YouTube series Learn To Play GuitarComedian is planning a David Brent film, album and world tour as he resurrects his most famous small screen character
- Little Mix join forces with Caroline Flack and tell cancer to jog onWHAT a bunch a beauties.
- Myleene Klass does the school run in animal print and heels comboNOT bad for a Monday morning.
- Peaches Geldof plays proud mummy in intimate family picturesTHEY look so content.
- Judge rules in favour of Emma Thompson in Effie court caseEMMA THOMPSON has been given the go-ahead to proceed with a movie about the lives of 19th century poet JOHN RUSKIN, his wife EFFIE GRAY and her lover, painter JOHN EVERETT MILLIAS, after...
- Eva Mendes organised special 'mothers' day' for film researchActress EVA MENDES gathered up all the mums in her life for an intensive 'mothers' day' so she could get a feel for what it's like to be a woman with a kid for her new film THE PLACE AMO...
- Get a Lord of the Rings game bundle for $9.99One does not simply buy four games and two DLC packs for a mere 10 dollars. Or does one? (Hint: one does.)
- Verizon Xperia Z3v comes to the US, but should you wait for the Xperia Z3? (hands-on)Waterproof, big-screened, and it works with PlayStation 4 games: the Z3v is out today and could be Sony's best US phone in years...but the Z3, coming October 29, could have a slight edge.
- Google, Oxford University team up on artificial intelligenceThe company and venerable university will work together to advance the field of machine learning.
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in Sorkin biopicScreenwriter Aaron Sorkin has confirmed the "Dark Knight" actor will go from Gotham to Silicon Valley in a new biopic of the Apple co-founder.
- Marvel teases next Avengers movie in new trailerGet a glimpse at the upcoming movie's robotic villain, Ultron, as he threatens humanity and challenges earth's mightiest heroes.
- Eyeing 2015 vote, Labour promises immigration curbsLONDON (Reuters) - Britain's opposition Labour would crack down on immigration if elected next year, its leader Ed Miliband said on Thursday, taking a tougher line on the issue in respons...
- Syrian Kurds sign power-sharing deal to draw more supportARBIL Iraq (Reuters) - Syrian Kurdish factions have signed a deal to share power and set their rivalries aside to capitalise on growing international support for their fight against Islam...
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepensLONDON (Reuters) - Tesco reported a bigger than expected hole in its finances on Thursday after finding accounting mistakes had gone back further than initially thought, forcing Britain’s...
- Cameron to object to EU budget plans at leaders' summit - sourceLONDON (Reuters) - Prime Minister David Cameron plans to use a meeting of European leaders this week to lobby against European Union requests for member states to stump up more money, a B...
- U.N. rights body calls for open elections in Hong KongGENEVA (Reuters) - The United Nations Human Rights Committee called on China on Thursday to ensure universal suffrage in Hong Kong, including the right to stand for election and not be su...
- Dundee United sideline Paton and Wilson amid Zaluska ProbeDundee United have launched an investigation into the behaviour of first-team players Paul Paton and Mark Wilson.
- MSP urges Celtic: start paying your staff the living wageCeltic Football Club should overturn its objection to paying staff a "living wage", a Labour MSP said.
- Fake snake on a street: terrified woman calls SSPCA to report toy reptileA terrified woman called the Scottish SPCA after finding a stray snake, only to discover it was made of rubber.
- Death of a 70s icon: Alvin Stardust dies after illness at 72Singer and actor Alvin Stardust died this morning aged 72 after a short illness, his manager said.
- Woman, 29, sexually assaulted by man walking his dog in Glasgow suburbA sex attacker is being hunted by police after a woman was assaulted in a leafy suburb.
- Grounds maintenance teams will cut back by not cutting backThe upkeep of private ground by Perth and Kinross Council was this week described as ''ludicrous''.
- Thousands brave cold for Dundee Christmas Light Night 2011The festive season officially arrived in Dundee on Friday as around 25,000 people braved the cold for the switching-on of the Christmas lights.
- 'New' name for Dundee street would be link to medieval pastA long-abandoned medieval street name could soon return to Dundee.
- Lingerie boss Michelle Mone's Carnoustie kitchen all part of her great support for Erskine charityAn Angus couple this week told how Scottish lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone cooked for them in their home — and then did the washing up!
- VIDEO: Gordon Brown contributes to student's football-themed documentaryA Fife university student enrolled the help of the former Prime Minister to make a moving documentary about the Blue Brazil.
- Live: Wales breaking news, Thursday, October 23 2014Live news, sport, traffic, weather and comment from Wales
- Rubbish! Watch Swansea City's star names take on the crossbar challengeThe likes of Jonjo Shelvey and Wayne Routledge took on the challenge but none of them came away with success
- 17 songs you know all the words to if you're thirty-something and WelshYou could not escape these songs in your youth if you lived in Wales. But they're awesome so why would you want to?
- 8 life lessons from David Attenborough's Life StoryThe legendary TV presenter is back with another natural history documentary series that will, no doubt, having you going from screaming at the TV to tears every week... and yes there are ...
- Welsh Rugby live: Join us for European Champions Cup and Autumn series build-upWelsh rugby is gearing up for an exciting weekend. Warren Gatland's Wales meet up on Monday after all four regions play in European action. Join us for all the build-up.
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland
- Girls' journey renews fears of terror recruitingDENVER (AP) — The case of three teenage girls who possibly tried to join Islamic State militants poses vexing questions for U.S. officials about terror groups' use of social media t...
- Dancing priests become Internet sensationROME (AP) — A video of a pair of dueling, dancing American priests studying in Rome has gone viral, following in the footsteps of a now-famous Italian nun whose Alicia Keyes-esque voice ...
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step downBy James Davey and Neil Maidment LONDON (Reuters) - The chairman of Britain's biggest grocery chain, Tesco, announced his resignation on Thursday after the company reported a bigger...
- Canada Gunman's Mother 'Crying For Victims'The mother of the man identified as the Ottawa gunman has said she is crying for the victims of the shooting, not her son.
- Union Pacific 3Q profit chugs ahead 19 percentOMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Union Pacific Corp. delivered a 19 percent increase in its third-quarter profit as the railroad hauled 7 percent more freight and increased rates.
- Canada Gunman's Mother 'Crying For Victims'The mother of killer Michael Zehaf-Bibeau speaks, as footage emerges of the man praised for stopping his assault on parliament.Kevin Vickers
- Canada Killer Believed 'Devil Was After Him'A friend says Ottawa attacker Michael Zehaf-Bibeau often talked about demons, as it emerges he had been on a terror watch list.Canada ottawa gunman spotted outside parliament building
- Tesco Profits Plunge 92% In Accounting ChaosIts new chief executive rules out immediate price cuts to boost sales as an inquiry reveals historic accounting failures.Tesco Extra Birkenhead
- NHS Demands Extra £8bn In Plan To Save ServicesThe drastic five-year plan warns "decisive action" is needed to cope with a rise in the size and age of the population.Hospital
- Glam Rock Star Alvin Stardust Dies Aged 72The performer - famous for his leather outfits and black glove - was a huge star in the glam rock era and enjoyed success on TV.Vintage at Goodwood Festival High Street Reveal
- Contenders for JETS awardsThe contenders for The JETS Richard Davis Awards, which honour the career development of current and former jockeys, were announced on Thursday.
- Maguire in ambassadorial roleJason Maguire has joined forces with Great British Racing in an ambassadorial role for the 2014/15 jumps season.
- McKenzie: No Nelson envyOvill McKenzie insists he will have no complaints if Johnny Nelson jumps the queue of cruiserweights who are hoping to face Marco Huck.
- Williams hoping for Max powerSir Maximilian begins his second career with Ian Williams in Friday's Mercury Stakes at Dundalk.
- Ascot host Countryside FundThe Prince’s Countryside Fund inaugural Raceday will be held at Ascot Racecourse on Sunday 29th March 2015.