General News UK World News Business Sport Technology Arts and Entertainment Lifestyle Science Opinion Weird Picture Video Blogs Podcasts
- New laws promised in Queen's SpeechAn EU referendum, tax cuts for low-earners and an extension of Right to Buy are to be promised in the first all-Conservative Queen's Speech since 1996.
- Staying in 'will be Yes in EU vote'Voters in the UK's EU referendum will be asked to choose Yes if they want to remain in the union or No to leave, the BBC understands.
- Ireland to sell Aer Lingus stakeThe Irish government agrees to sell its 25% stake in Aer Lingus to IAG, the owner of British Airways.
- NI welfare reform bill fails to passNorthern Ireland's controversial Welfare Reform Bill has failed to pass at Stormont after failing to win the support of nationalist parties.
- MSPs vote on assisted suicide billMSPs are to vote on the Assisted Suicide Scotland bill following a debate in the Scottish Parliament.
- Ban on legal highs in will shut 250 shops: All new synthetic drugs set to be outlawed in proposals in the Queen's SpeechThe ban on all new synthetic drugs to be announced in the Queen’s Speech will stop the estimated 250 shops circumventing the law and selling noxious substances with impunity.
- FIFA executives arrested in Switzerland face extradition to US over corruption chargesThe senior officials were arrested in a top-secret operation morning over allegations of corruption involving bids for World Cups as well as marketing and broadcast deals.
- Car attempted to load onto a ship using two thin planksA cargo crew transporter has been filmed attempting to load a large pickup truck on to a ship, using just two flimsy planks to cross over the water. The video has already been viewed over...
- George Harrison letter reveals Revolver tracks almost had different producerThe Beatles nearly recorded some of the tracks on their Revolver album with a new producer at a US studio known for its soul sound, a previously unseen letter by George Harrison (pictured...
- Why was Stan asked to pay £12,000 to insure his Ford Fiesta?When Stan Green's latest quote came in at £1,500 - more than treble the £400 he paid just nine years ago - he decided to shop around. But he discovered drivers can be penalised because of...
- Think the Charlie Charlie Challenge has a dark side? It's got nothing on these Internet crazes...A Catholic priest has warned of the dangers of 'playing with demons' in the Charlie Charlie Challenge - but these past Internet crazes proved REALLY disturbing
- Boss of radio station which killed baby rabbit live on air with bike pump DEFENDS controversial stuntThe stunt on Danish station Radio24syv has prompted an angry reaction - with some calling it "sick"
- What time is the Queen's Speech today? Everything you need to know for the State Opening of ParliamentToday the Queen will reveal what the government's going to do over the next year. Here's everything you need to know about what to expect
- Jed Allen: 'Wolverine' killer watched violent videos featuring a knife-wielding serial killer in weeks before killing familyThe 21-year-old also researched online how to handle knives before killing three members of his family
- Jed Allen: 'Wolverine' killer texted friends begging them to take care of his dogThe 21-year-old, who was later found dead, contacted friends before his mother, step-father and six-year-old sister were found stabbed to death
- Fifa executives arrested in US corruption investigation: liveOfficers raids hotel in Zurich as Fifa members gather for presidential election
- Queen's Speech: David Cameron pledges tax cuts but delays scrapping Human Rights ActThe Prime Minister will unveil a "Queen's Speech for working people" as he announces a legislative programme that will "bring our country together" and provide "security and opportunity f...
- Mothers rush for nursery places in early pregnancyIn some cases parents are registering their babies for nursery before they are even conceived
- Newer contraceptive pills raise risk of blood clot four foldTaking third generation pills such as Yasmin, Femodene and Marvelon raises the chance of a blood clot four fold
- Northern Ireland lurches to crisis as Assembly vote down welfare reformsThe fall of the legislation means the administration faces a budgetary black hole of around £600m
- Fifa officials arrested on US graft chargesSix detained in Zurich dawn raids over bribes alleged to total $100m
- Cameron plans fast-track bill for EU voteMoves to replace Human Rights Act likely to be held back
- Renminbi ‘no longer undervalued’, says IMFShift after more than a decade of criticism of Beijing
- Iraq launches operation to retake RamadiMove aimed at countering accusation of troops lacking ‘will to fight’
- Wall St fall puts Asian winning streaks at riskJapanese yen weakens to 8-year low against the dollar
- EXCLUSIVE: Officials fear string of copycat attacks after EIGHT in-flight terror scaresOFFICIALS fear that a series of terror scares on flights across the US this week could spark a string of copycat attacks, Express.co.uk can reveal.
- Cameron getting cold feet? PM backs off early bid to scrap Human Rights ActTHE Conservatives have stepped back on a controversial move to scrap the Human Rights Act in today's Queen's Speech.
- Now MH17 locals claim UKRAINE shot down doomed jet – but they WON'T hand over evidenceLOCALS in the village where flight MH17 crashed have claimed that Russia is not to blame for downing the doomed jet – but they refuse to hand over proof.
- Saudi religious police 'remove woman from shopping centre – for not wearing GLOVES'SAUDI Arabia's religious police allegedly ejected a woman from a shopping centre – because she was not wearing gloves.
- Thousands of foreign criminals roam freely on our streets – and we can't deport themTHOUSANDS of foreign criminals are roaming freely on our streets because human rights laws forbid judges from deporting them.
- Fifa officials arrested in Zurich on corruption charges – liveLatest updates as reports say senior Fifa officials could face extradition from Switzerland to the US on federal corruption charges 4.39pm AEST We have more from our chief sports corresp...
- Virotherapy: skin cancer successfully treated with herpes-based drug‘Virotherapy’ uses modified herpes virus to attack melanoma cells and has potential to overcome cancer even when disease has spread throughout the body Patients with aggressive skin canc...
- MS: four in five multiple sclerosis sufferers in UK are misdiagnosedPoll finds more than a quarter are told incorrectly they have a trapped nerve, with 39% of people with MS waiting over a year for correct diagnosis Four in five people with multiple scle...
- Penn State university fraternity linked to nude photos shut down for three yearsInvestigation into fraternity that used a secret Facebook page found some members engaged in sexual harassment, hazing and humiliation of females A fraternity linked to a secret Facebook...
- Sydney siege gunman may have been suffering psychosis, inquest toldReports Man Haron Monis complained of hidden messages in Channel Seven’s Sunrise program suggests psychotic delusions, his psychiatrist tells coroner A psychiatrist who assessed Man Haro...
- RSS Feed Moving (scotsman.com)We are about to release our new site with a new look, feel and structure. Part of this release will involve the creation of new RSS feeds and the decommissioning of the current ones. Plea...
- The Rumour Mill: Tuesday's football news and gossipIn today's Rumour Mill: All the build-up to tonight's big match in Spain; Craig Brown linked with Northern Ireland vacancy; Rangers finance boss quits; plus the rest o
- Scottish Business Briefing - Tuesday 11 October, 2011WELCOME to scotsman.com's Scottish Business Briefing. Every morning we bring you a comprehensive round-up of all news affecting business in Scotland today.
- 'My views unwelcome north of the border', says PGA chief Sandy JonesSANDY Jones, the chief executive of the PGA, has said he feels his opinions on Scottish golf are unwelcome in certain quarters and claimed the skills within his organisation a
- Interview: Lee McConnell, athleteWITH the Olympic Games now almost within touching distance, the next year is mapped out for Lee McConnell, as it is for every other athlete who hopes to be in the Great Britai
- Erasers are 'an instrument of the devil and should be banned', says leading academicA cognitive scientist has warned that erasers are "an instrument of the devil" and has called for them to be banned from the classroom.
- Queen's Speech: What's in it – and just how Tory are the next 12 months going to be?The State Opening of Parliament sets out the Government's agenda for the coming year - in the first fully Conservative Queen's Speech since the fag-end of the John Major government, on 2...
- Fifa corruption arrests: Six senior executives including vice president Jeffrey Webb to face US federal charges after raid on Switzerland hotelSix high-ranking Fifa officials have been arrested in Switzerland on corruption charges and are awaiting extradition to the US. Fifa vice president Jeffrey Webb is believed to be among t...
- Fifa corruption arrests: Six senior executives to face US federal charges after raid on Switzerland hotelSix high-ranking Fifa officials have been arrested in Switzerland on corruption charges and are awaiting extradition to the US.
- Fifa corruption arrests: Several executives to face US federal charges after raid on Switzerland hotelA number of high-ranking Fifa officials have been arrested in Switzerland on corruption charges, according to reports.
- How healthy is your poo? This stool chart will tell youWoman using toilet in morningolliemcateerWoman using toilet in morning gpointstudio/gpointstudioMandatory Credit: Photo by Monkey Business Images/REX (2163801a).. Almonds, cashews pistachio and pine nuts in glass bowls.. VARIOUS.. ..(Picture: Giphy)During the dry season in Madagascar, the lack of rain crackled earth KRISS75/KRISS75(Picture: Giphy)(Picture: Giphy)peasKim-Kardashian-coffee-machine From the slow hard push to the rapid squirt. giphy (2)giphy (1)peasKim-Kardashian-coffee-machinegiphy
- Several high-ranking Fifa officials ‘arrested over bribes worth more than £65million’Arrestsrhartleyparkinson(FILES) This file photo taken on March 20, 2015 shows members of the media waiting next to the logo of the worlds football governing body FIFA at their headquarters in Zurich. Top FIFA officials were arrested early on May 27, 2015 by Swiss police acting on US corruption charges, The New York Times reported. AFP PHOTO / FILES / MICHAEL BUHOLZERMICHAEL BUHOLZER/AFP/Getty ImagesA general view shows the Baur au Lac hotel in Zurich, Switzerland, May 27, 2015. Authorities in Zurich on Wednesday launched ahead of the 65th FIFA Congress an operation to arrest several high-ranking FIFA officials on corruption charges and extradite them to the United States, the New York Times reported on May 27, 2015. REUTERS/Arnd WiegmannFILE - MAY 27, 2015: According to reports, the U.S. Justice Department plans to announce corruption charges against officials at FIFA, the world's governing body of football. ZURICH, SWITZERLAND - MARCH 20: FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter looks on during a press conference at the end of the FIFA Executive Comitee meeting at the FIFA headquarters on March 20, 2015 in Zurich, Switzerland. (Photo by Philipp Schmidli/Getty Images) Swiss officials said the sums of money involved was in the millions. Fifa preview
- Benedict Cumberbatch joins calls for Government to scrap plans to axe Human Rights ActAD_150054464.jpgharryacrFILE OCTOBER 27, 2014: According to reports Benedict Cumberbatch is in negations with Marvel to play Doctor Strange. The film is set to be released on July 8, 2016. BEVERLY HILLS, CA - JANUARY 11: Actor Benedict Cumberbatch arrives at the BAFTA Los Angeles Awards Season Tea Party at the Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills on January 11, 2014 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Imeh Akpanudosen/Getty Images)Indira Varma, seen here in Game of Thrones, (Picture: Sky Atlantic)Shami Chakrabarti, director of Liberty, said the Government is playing 'populist games with hard-won freedoms' (Picture: Getty Images) Cumberbatch joined fellow actors Indira Varma, David Harewood and Vanessa Redgrave in condemning the plans.
- Naked man accidentally gets stuck on end of 100ft drawbridge, gets very burntBurnharryacr(Picture: YouTube) The naked man was taken to hospital to be treated for 'burns to the buttocks'.
- Commuting more than 20 minutes can make you ‘burn out’ from stressAD_170518184.jpgrobwaugh1974A young black man in the Underground Long commutes can leave you burnt out - cynical, exhausted and emotionally wrecked
- '**** all Taigs': Vandals desecrate Catholic church by daubing sectarian slogans on its wallsANTI-Catholic messages including the words "**** all Taigs" and references to banned militant groups were sprayed on St Andrews Church in Livingston.
- Watch trainee guide dogs paws for thought as they take a ride on Edinburgh's tramsTHE animals had their first trip on the tram network to help them get used to public transport.
- Police launch probe after 25-year-old man dies days after buying so-called legal high in FalkirkTHE man passed away at Forth Valley Royal Hospital last Thursday after reportedly purchasing the substance from shop in Falkirk.
- Online porn triggers epidemic of rapes against Scots children under age of 15NEW figures have revealed that almost one in three rape victims in Scotland is now under the age of 15.
- Watch bizarre moment screaming man jumped on top of cars while NAKED in middle of motorwayPASSING motorists were left in hysterics as the naked man throws some of his clothes at one car before jumping on top of another.
- Not the brightest: Crook forgets to cover his face before violent shop raidA BUNGLING crook forgot to cover his face during a violent supermarket raid.
- 'Masturbate and your hands will fall pregnant' confused telly preacher claimsA MUSLIM preacher has issued a fatwa on masturbation, warning blokes their HANDS will get pregnant in the afterlife if they play with themselves.
- Man offers Barack Obama cows, sheep and goats if he can marry his 16-year-old daughterA LAWYER wants to marry Barack Obama's 16-year-old daughter – and is willing to pay.
- VIDEO: Hollywood hard man Steven Seagal wows as he gives martial arts masterclassIF you ever doubted how hard Hollywood action hero Steven Seagal was, this should put your mind at rest.
- Tornado devastation as wind rips baby from its mother's armsA BABY was ripped from its mother's arms as tornadoes ravaged the US-Mexico border, killing 13.
- Ten-man Swansea defeat LaticsGylfi Sigurdsson struck either side of the interval to secure a deserved 2-0 victory for 10-man Swansea at the Premier League basement boys Wigan.
- Dunn snatches point for RoversDavid Dunn earned Blackburn a valuable point in the fight against relegation with a headed equaliser five minutes from time in a 1-1 draw against Aston Villa at Ewood Park.
- City stretch leadMario Balotelli again took centre stage as Manchester City saw off Bolton 2-0 to move five points clear at the top of the Barclays Premier League.
- Baggies pile pressure on AVBWest Brom defender Gareth McAuley increased the pressure on Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas with a late winner in the 1-0 Barclays Premier League clash at the Hawthorns.
- Van Persie bags brace at LiverpoolLiverpool paid for missing a penalty and hitting the post twice as Arsenal's Robin van Persie scored twice to snatch a late 2-1 Barclays Premier League victory at Anfield.
- Review: Professor Green at 02 Academy, BirminghamRapper Professor Green showed energy and enthusiasm in his Birmingham performance
- Lap dancing plan in Birmingham rejected after protests from blind charityBlind charity protests lead to application for Lace Gentlemens Club on John Bright Street being rejected
- Letisha Shakespeare and Charlene Ellis memorial education annual award scheme to endThe award scheme was set up in 2006 to help disadvantaged students achieve their career goals
- Man who died after suspected hit-and-run accident is namedPolice question 18-year-old after body found in Rugeley
- Kings Norton church sealed off after sex attackPolice investigate sexual assault near church at Kings Norton
- See no evilWHEN a Russian exile dies suddenly after providing explosive evidence to an anti-Kremlin activist, a degree of suspicion is natural. Now it seems justified. A toxicologist told a pre-inq...
- Down beatGood old-fashioned policing POLICING in England and Wales is in crisis and things are about to get nasty. That, at least, is what the coppers would have you believe. Ahead of the annual ...
- Return of the dinosaursTHE Labour Party’s abysmal performance in the general election on May 7th came as a shock to many. But some had predicted the outcome almost five years beforehand when, in September 2010...
- Back in bare feetHilton, in the thick of it again THERE are few people more responsible for getting David Cameron into Downing Street in 2010 than Steve Hilton. As senior adviser to the then-leader of th...
- The view from the northTHE pro-independence Scottish National Party (SNP) spent Britain’s general election campaign pledging to shake up Westminster. Having won 56 of Scotland’s 59 seats, it is making good on ...
Wall Street Journal
- Teva Bids for Mylan, Seeking to Create Biggest Generics FirmTeva Pharmaceutical has proposed to acquire rival Mylan for about $40 billion, a tie-up that would create the world’s biggest generic drug company by sales.
- Credit Suisse Profit RisesCredit Suisse posted an improved profit due, in part, to a pickup at its investment bank.
- Traders Wield Social MediaSome individual investors are building trading careers using social media as their primary tool.image
- Migrants' Trip Takes a Tragic TurnTheir overloaded and listing boat collided with a rescue vessel; its captain and a crewman have been detained.image
- Norway Steams Up Investors in PipelineInvestors in a gas pipeline are suing the government of Norway, usually seen as a safe place to do business, over changes they say will cost them billions of dollars.image
- Fifa officials arrested in dawn raidSix Fifa officials including vice-president Jeffrey Webb are held in dawn raids at a Zurich hotel ahead of Friday's presidential election.
- Wednesday's gossip columnMan Utd and Arsenal want Benzema, Pogba rules out Old Trafford return, Hazard wants long-term Chelsea stay, plus more.
- How far did you travel this season?Whose Premier League mileage could take them to the Bahamas? And who clocked up 1,718.2 miles before their team won?
- Howe is LMA manager of the yearBournemouth boss Eddie Howe is named the League Managers' Association manager of the year.
- Bolt wins 200m on European returnUsain Bolt wins his first race of the year in Europe, but fails to break 20 seconds in the 200m at the Golden Spike meet.
- Poker - Big changes for this year's WSOPDave Tuley examines the various changes to the World Series of Poker this year, including an online-only bracelet among 11 new events.
- Continuing Success for WSOP ChampionsEvery poker player dreams about winning the WSOP main event and imagines raising the diamond-encrusted bracelet over their head. That iconic picture instantly christens the champion as on...
- Andy Murray wins 500th career match to reach Miami quarter-finalsAndy Murray was made to work hard for his 500th career win, but he finally came past Kevin Anderson to reach the quarter-finals at the Miami Open
- Liverpool won't sell Sterling despite contract wrangleLiverpool will not consider a deal to sell Raheem Sterling this summer even if he refuses to sign a new contract, sources have told ESPN FC
- Arsenal have 'made offer' for Palermo striker DybalaArsenal and Juventus have both made offers for Paulo Dybala, according to Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini
- Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Former league boss Tolstykh voted Russian FA chiefNikolai Tolstykh, ousted as head of the Russian Professional Football League (PFL) two years ago, was elected president of the country's Football Union (RFU) on Monday.
- Pienaar ruled outInjury has forced Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar to withdrawn from South Africa's squad due to play international friendlies this week.
- Partizan win marred by crowd troubleSerbian champions Partizan Belgrade came from behind to beat city rivals OFK 3-1 on Sunday, but their success was marred by serious crowd trouble among groups of their own fans.
- Slew set for spell on sidelinesOn-loan Oldham striker Jordan Slew suffered another injury setback during the 1-0 win over Portsmouth. Slew was hurt against Walsall and missed the Stevenage game, returning to parent cl...
- Game of Thrones tour of Dubrovnik is more than just fantasyGet to the heart of the Seven Kingdoms and discover the real King's Landing on this cruise ship excursion with a difference
- Gamescom 2013: Live updates on the news, gameplay footage, trailers and announcements from day threeIt's day three of gamescom 2013 and we have live news and updates coming direct from Cologne, Germany.
- Transfer news LIVE: All of Thursday's gossip, rumours and done deals as they happenWho? What? When? Where? How? Which? All those questions and more (possibly) answered in Thursday's transfer live blog
- Edinburgh TV festival LIVE: Follow GEITF news and live updates, as they happenLet us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below or tweeting us at @MirrorTVNews
- Ricky Gervais plans David Brent film based around hit YouTube series Learn To Play GuitarComedian is planning a David Brent film, album and world tour as he resurrects his most famous small screen character
- Little Mix join forces with Caroline Flack and tell cancer to jog onWHAT a bunch a beauties.
- Myleene Klass does the school run in animal print and heels comboNOT bad for a Monday morning.
- Peaches Geldof plays proud mummy in intimate family picturesTHEY look so content.
- Judge rules in favour of Emma Thompson in Effie court caseEMMA THOMPSON has been given the go-ahead to proceed with a movie about the lives of 19th century poet JOHN RUSKIN, his wife EFFIE GRAY and her lover, painter JOHN EVERETT MILLIAS, after...
- Eva Mendes organised special 'mothers' day' for film researchActress EVA MENDES gathered up all the mums in her life for an intensive 'mothers' day' so she could get a feel for what it's like to be a woman with a kid for her new film THE PLACE AMO...
- Watch a robotic cockroach launch a robotic birdResearchers at UC Berkeley have designed a system that allows its VelociRoach robot to launch an ornithopter micro-aerial vehicle.
- 11 kinds of chameleon found masquerading as a single speciesChameleons in Madagascar previously thought to all belong to a single species have actually turned out to be 11 separate species.
- A song of sparks and fire: RoboWars takes engineers to battleSlicing blades, repurposed power drills and crashes aplenty -- engineers and electronics hobbyists are stepping out of their sheds with machines designed to fight, and the crowds are lovi...
- Lenovo looks to low-cost laptops with three new modelsJust ahead of its Tech World event in Beijing, Lenovo reveals three new low-cost consumer laptops, including the entry-level 14-inch ideapad 100 starting at just $249.
- Titanium-clad Rockioo Watch shows up at CES AsiaThis Android-powered smartwatch is meant for exercise enthusiasts and sports a 1.63-inch OLED display and has built-in cellular connectivity.
- Queen Elizabeth to unveil EU referendum plans as parliament opensLONDON (Reuters) - Queen Elizabeth will set out the government's plans for a European Union membership referendum on Wednesday as Prime Minister David Cameron faces pressure to explain wh...
- Greece and creditors play down fears of imminent defaultATHENS/BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Greece and its Europeans creditors on Tuesday sought to play down fears that Athens would default on a payment to the International Monetary Fund next week.
- Afghan Taliban gunmen killed after attack on Kabul guesthouseKABUL (Reuters) - Four Taliban insurgents armed with assault rifles and a grenade launcher stormed a guesthouse in the diplomatic quarter of the Afghan capital overnight and held out for ...
- Vatican's Australian-born budget chief cooperates with child abuse inquirySYDNEY (Reuters) - The Vatican's finance chief on Wednesday offered to testify at a child abuse inquiry in his home country of Australia, fending off accusations he had washed his hands o...
- Charter's $56 billion Time Warner Cable deal to face U.S. scrutinyNEW YORK/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Charter Communications Inc, seeking to remake the U.S. cable television industry by acquiring larger rival Time Warner Cable Inc for $56 billion (36.42 bil...
- FIFA in crisis as six officials arrestedFIFA was plunged into crisis on Wednesday morning after Swiss authorities made early-morning arrests of six football officials.
- Macintosh in call for radical overhaul of Scottish Labour leadership election rulesScottish Labour leadership hopeful Ken Macintosh has called for a radical shake-up of the rules covering the contest to elect Jim Murphy's successor.
- Watkins wants to keep Wales boss watchingHe may be playing home games as far as is possible in senior British football from Chris Coleman's office in Cardiff but out of sight in Inverness is no longer out of mind in terms of int...
- Vincent looks forward to big day... and starry, starry sleep-filled nightsEven before Inverness Caledonian Thistle produced their treble-busting antics at Hampden last month the mayhem was underway for James Vincent.
- Eilidh Child settles for sixth at Golden SpikeEILIDH CHILD finished only sixth in her season debut over 400m hurdles at the Golden Spike meeting in Ostrava last night.
- Grounds maintenance teams will cut back by not cutting backThe upkeep of private ground by Perth and Kinross Council was this week described as ''ludicrous''.
- Thousands brave cold for Dundee Christmas Light Night 2011The festive season officially arrived in Dundee on Friday as around 25,000 people braved the cold for the switching-on of the Christmas lights.
- 'New' name for Dundee street would be link to medieval pastA long-abandoned medieval street name could soon return to Dundee.
- Lingerie boss Michelle Mone's Carnoustie kitchen all part of her great support for Erskine charityAn Angus couple this week told how Scottish lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone cooked for them in their home — and then did the washing up!
- VIDEO: Gordon Brown contributes to student's football-themed documentaryA Fife university student enrolled the help of the former Prime Minister to make a moving documentary about the Blue Brazil.
- Suits Schuh! The footwear retailer becomes the latest name to sign up for space at the £100m Friars Walk developmentSchuh has taken a 5,600 sq ft unit at Friars Walk currently under construction in Newport
- Britain's Got Talent 2015: Groove Thing miss out place in finalWatch Groove Thing get funky from their semi-final performance on Britain's Got Talent which sadly wasn't enough to win them a place in the final
- Student arrested after reports of a 'gunman' at Bangor University campusThe gun turned out to be a toy but the 20-year-old student was been arrested on suspicion of possessing an imitation firearm
- Wales breaking news plus live traffic, weather and M4 updates (Wednesday, May 27)Wales' live news service featuring all the latest traffic, weather, M4, showbiz and sport updates from across the country
- Swansea City boss Garry Monk misses out on LMA award as Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho wins titleMourinho made it a manager double as Chelsea continued to celebrate on the back of their Premier League title
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland
- Failed migrants return home to Senegal after Libya ordealBy Bate Felix DAKAR (Reuters) - Scores of Senegalese migrants returned home on Tuesday after they were detained by Libyan authorities and imprisoned for months when they tried to reach E...
- Swiss police detain soccer officials ahead of FIFA congressZURICH (AP) — Six soccer officials were arrested and detained by Swiss police on Wednesday pending extradition at the request of U.S. authorities after a raid at a luxury hotel in Zurich...
- Rick Santorum faces steep climb in second White House runWASHINGTON (AP) — He exceeded the political world's expectations by scoring a second-place finish in the race for the Republican presidential nomination four years ago. Yet as he re...
- Group: Hamas tortured, killed Palestinians in 2014 Gaza warJERUSALEM (AP) — A leading international watchdog on Wednesday accused the militant Hamas group of abducting, torturing and killing Palestinians during the war in the Gaza Strip last yea...
- FIFA Officials Held On $100m Corruption ChargesSeveral top FIFA officials have been arrested in Switzerland over allegations they were involved in paying bribes adding up to more than $100m (£64m). Swiss authorities detained six offi...
- FIFA Officials Held On $100m Corruption ChargesSwiss authorities arrest six people as part of a US investigation into allegations of bribery stretching back more than 20 years.A police van drives past the Baur au Lac hotel in Zurich
- Police Raids Put FIFA Under Intense ScrutinyThe stunning arrests have hit football's ruling elite at a time and in a place where they felt safest, says Paul Kelso.FBL-WC2022-FIFA-QATAR-LABOUR-SLAVERY-UNIONS
- Queen's Speech: PM Backs Off On Human RightsLegislation to scrap the Human Rights Act will not be included in the Queen's Speech as the Government opts to wait a year.Britain's Queen Elizabeth delivers her speech in the House of Lo...
- What You Need To Know About The Queen's SpeechThe Queen delivers her speech at the State Opening of Parliament today. Here's what you need to know.Britain's Queen Elizabeth delivers her speech in the House of Lords, during the State ...
- EU Referendum: 'Yes' To Stay Or 'No' To LeaveVoters are expected to be asked to choose "yes" to remain in Europe or "no" to leave in a referendum on EU membership.A European Flag and the Union Jack hang
- All Blacks duo sign new dealsJulian Savea and Brodie Retallick have signed long-term deals that will keep them with New Zealand through to the 2019 World Cup.
- Choose AJ's ringwalk tuneAnthony Joshua faces the toughest test of his pro career on Saturday, and he wants you to choose his ringwalk music.
- NHL: Rangers keep hopes aliveNew York center Derick Brassard scored his first career hat-trick to lead the Rangers to a 7-3 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning and stave off elimination in their Eastern Conference Final...
- NBA: Cavs through to finalsLeBron James booked his place in the NBA Finals for the fifth straight year when the Cleveland Cavaliers crushed the Atlanta Hawks 118-88 to complete a 4-0 sweep of the Eastern Conference...
- Preston to present shirt to boyPreston will present a schoolboy with a signed Jermaine Beckford shirt after television footage showed a woman wrenching the striker's match-worn garment off him at the Sky Bet League One...