- Extraordinary scenes in Dail as Taoiseach challenges Gerry Adams on abuseREPUBLICAN sex abusers who were “expelled” by the IRA from the North are still living in the Republic, Taoiseach Enda Kenny said today.
- Warning to school students after 'sinister' sex assault attempt on woman in parkGardai are investigating a sinister incident in which a man tried to strangle a woman during the course of an attempted sexual assault.
- 'Superhero' Gavin passes away after rare cancer battleThe parents of the 'little superhero' Gavin Glynn have paid tribute to their young son, who passed away last night.
- Enda Kenny rows into row over Central Bank's mortgage cap plansEnda Kenny has weighed into the developing row over Central Bank's plan to cap mortgage lending.
- Face of man suspected of vicious attack on bus womanGardai have released a picture of a man wanted in connection with an attack on a young woman on a Dublin Bus during the summer.
- Pellegrini: City will overcome Moscow meltdownChampions League Group E CSKA Moscow 2 Manchester City 2
- Roy: Fairytale finale never on cards for me and AlexRoy Keane has reopened his feud with Alex Ferguson by claiming his former manager preached loyalty but never showed him any.
- Cosmos thinking big as Raul looks the real dealTomorrow is Pele’s birthday — or maybe it was yesterday. Depends on where you fact check.
- Remy blow puts veteran Drogba centre stageChampions League Group G Chelsea 6 NK Maribor 0
- Moyes appointment a club decision, claims FergieAlex Ferguson insists it is "nonsense" to suggest the correct processes were not followed prior to the ill-fated appointment of David Moyes as his Manchester United successor.
The Irish Times
- Jury resumes deliberation in trial of nurse accused of murderGreta Dudko (36) pleaded guilty to manslaughter of mother on Christmas Eve 2010
- ‘We weren’t discussing his teddybears’Analysis: Is Gerry Adams’s Ted about to take a tumble?
- Kenny in angry exchanges with Adams in Dáil after Cahill talksTaoiseach ‘honoured’ to meet ‘courageous’ Maíria Cahill
- Open verdict in case of missing German man55-year-old German came to Ireland to start new life in 2005 but died within a month
- Can Oscar Pistorius reinvent himself after his prison term? Will the public let him?Opinion: In 10 months’ time, he will be 28, probably fit enough and gritty enough to resume competitive running
- Sweden scales back submarine huntSweden's military has withdrawn some of the ships taking part in a submarine hunt in the Stockholm archipelago.
- Nigeria extremists truce shakyDays after Nigeria's military raised hopes by announcing Islamic extremists have agreed to a ceasefire, Boko Haram is still fighting.
- Van Gaal 'good choice' - FergusonFormer Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has backed the "formidable" Louis van Gaal to restore the club's fortunes.
- Duo retract claim they killed BritsTwo migrant workers from Burma have retracted their confessions to killing two British travellers on a southern Thai resort island, the men's lawyers said.
- Hungary plans tax on internet useHungarian web users, activist groups and opposition parties are rejecting a government plan to impose a heavy tax on internet use from next year.
- Video: An Phoblacht News – Household Charge, Pensions, Single Working Age Payment, Symphysiotomy
- Cartoonist Jarla’s View on St Patrick’s Day
- New website for An Phoblacht from April 2012AN PHOBLACHT will be launching its new-look website in April to offer readers a better service. Online subscribers will be [...]
- Video : An Phoblacht News for the Sinn Féin Channel, March 2nd
- Video of Sinn Féin Republican Youth National Congress in Dublin
The Irish Post
- It's Another Galaxy...By Niall McDonald FORMER Ireland manager Eoin Hand believes that Robbie Keane’s move to LA Galaxy could severely hinder his chances of playing international football.
- Saturday’s test with France is now a must-win assignmentBy Bernard Jackman THE French public doesn’t hold out a huge amount of hope for their team’s chances in this year’s World Cup.
- GAA: Tipp tame Dubs... eventuallyTIPPERARY 1-19 DUBLIN 0-18 THE LAST time we saw this Tipperary team in the Munster final, it was their attack that won all the plaudits with a seven-goal blitzing of Waterford.
- GAA: Costello grabs four goals as Dubs go on rampageDUBLIN 6-19 WATERFORD 5-13 A VERITABLE goal-fest of an All-Ireland minor semi-final but a game won with consummate ease by Dublin who now face Galway in next month’s final - their first i...
- GAA: Fulham find their feet as St. Kiernans flounderFULHAM IRISH 0-8 ST. KIERNANS 0-4 ST. KIERNANS — slayers of county champions Neasden Gaels just two weeks ago — were themselves toppled at Ruislip on Sunday by Fulham Irish.
Irish Republican News
- STORMONT CRISIS OVER UNIONIST BAD FAITHThe North’s political process has ground to a halt after the DUP dramatically reneged on a deal to appoint a Sinn Fein Speaker of the Stormont Assembly and then entirely boycotted ...
- SF facing media campaign over abuse allegationsSinn Fein has strongly rejected claims it sought to “cover-up” allegations of sexual abuse against a member of the Provisional IRA.
- Anger as Craigavon Two sentence is extendedMiscarriage of justice victim John Paul Wootton has had his life sentence tariff increased by four years by the Court of Appeal, despite the chief justice admitting that the youth played...
- Budget ‘too little, too late’ for those in needThe coalition 26-County government has been accused of using this week’s annual budget announcements as an attempt regain popular support after comprehensively losing two by-electi...
- Loyalists planned killings before and after ceasefireIn 2005, ten years after the organisation declared a ‘ceasefire’, the unionist paramilitary UVF continued to gather personal information on leading republicans with the inten...
- Defined benefit pensions for NAMA staffStaff at the NTMA and NAMA are on the "most lucrative pension schemes" in the State, a Fianna Fáil frontbench spokesperson has claimed.
- Waterford IT pulls out of university mergerCarlow IT has said it is shocked and disappointed at a decision by Waterford IT not to go ahead with merger plans to apply to set up a technological university in the southeast.
- Fears Europe will be left behind in digital ageThe outgoing EU Digital Commissioner has expressed concern that Europe is missing large opportunities in the digital economy and will continue to stagnate as a result.
- Mother accused of murder unable to attend courtA mother accused of the murder of her two-year-old son Muhammad Hassan Khan in Dublin last week was unable to attend a court hearing today.
- Cahill allegations have 'serious consequences'Taoiseach Enda Kenny has said the allegations made by Maíria Cahill will have serious consequences, following a 90-minute meeting with her this morning.
- Wednesday Wellness with Willow LaneHolistic therapies have never been so affordable!
- Maternity style from LidlHere's a little something for all the mums...
- Benfica beats Juventus 2-1 in Europa League semisSubstitute Lima scored six minutes from the end to give Benfica a 2-1 win over Juventus in the Europa League first-leg semi-finals tonight.
- Hillsborough commemoration for Phoenix ParkA walk to commemorate the 96 Liverpool fans who died in the 1989 Hillsborough disaster has been organised by an Irish Liverpool supporters group.
- ALLIANZ HURLING LEAGUE
- O'Dea prepared to fight Irish Water over PPS number; FG see it as 'politicking'Former Defence Minister Willie O'Dea has said he is prepared to go to court to prohibit his PPS number from being handed over to Irish Water.
- Jack Whitehall confirms Bad Education endJack Whitehall has confirmed that there will be no more Bad Education.
- Gardaí question woman and two men after Dublin drug seizureThree people are being questioned by gardaí following a drugs seizure worth more than €250,000 in Dublin last night.
- Fergie: Van Gaal 'a good choice'Former Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson has backed the “formidable” Louis van Gaal to restore the club’s fortunes.
- Chris O Dowd to receive Freedom of RoscommonBoyle celebrates Chris O’Dowd.
Inside Ireland on Twitter
- Mid-Week Farming Review http://t.co/svf6F8R5Insideireland: Mid-Week Farming Review http://t.co/svf6F8R5
- sausage maker closes with loss of 160 jobs http://t.co/zPDffXtEInsideireland: sausage maker closes with loss of 160 jobs http://t.co/zPDffXtE
- RT @siliconrepublic: IEDR seeks gardaí help to investigate attack on .ie namespace: Some systems at the .ie domain registry (IEDR) re... ...Insideireland: RT @siliconrepublic: IEDR seeks gardaí help to investigate attack on .ie namespace: Some systems at the .ie domain registry (IEDR) re... ...
- RT @siliconrepublic: Doodle 4 Google contest opens for Irish students to get creative: Google has launched its annual art and design ... ...Insideireland: RT @siliconrepublic: Doodle 4 Google contest opens for Irish students to get creative: Google has launched its annual art and design ... ...
- RT @premierleague: ANSWER: Surprisingly no-one got both the team - Man City - and the correct number of senior internationals away this ...Insideireland: RT @premierleague: ANSWER: Surprisingly no-one got both the team - Man City - and the correct number of senior internationals away this ...
- Horse racing news – All-Weather Championships commences on October 30A new category - Three-Year-Old Sprint - has been added to the exciting second All-Weather Championships season which starts at Lingfield Park on Thursday, October 30 - the 25th anniversa...
- Video – Chelsea FC at their best against MariborChelsea boss, Jose Mourinho, said his team are playing with confidence and solidity after their 6-0 thrashing of Maribor in the third match of Group G.
- Video – Manchester City pay for lack of concentration in MoscowMachester City manager, Manuel Pellegrini, blamed a lack of concentration for his side's 2-2 draw against CSKA Moscow, in the UEFA Champions League, on Tuesday.
- Wetherby’s Charlie Hall Chase on The Giant Bolster’s radarThe Giant Bolster could start off his season in the £100,000 Grade Two bet365 Charlie Hall Chase over three miles and a furlong, the highlight of Wetherby's two-day bet365 Charlie Hall Me...
- Massive injury list for Ireland rugby team for November InternationalsJoe Schmidt has named the Ireland rugby squad for the forthcoming November internationals against South Africa, Georgia and Australia. There is a huge injury list.
The Sunday Business Post
- Fine Gael and Labour likely to approve coalition pact todayBy Pat Leahy and Niamh Connolly Fine Gael and Labour are expected to agree formally a coalition deal today at separate meetings in Dublin. By Pat Leahy and Niamh Connolly Fine Gael and La...
- Fears banks will up ECB rate hikesBy Emma Kennedy Irish banks could use an April hike in European interest rates as a way to improve their balance sheets, and push more homeowners into arrears, banking experts fear. By Em...
- Quinn companies liable for losses on Kiev propertiesBy Gavin Daly The Central Bank has insisted that companies owned by businessman Sean Quinn must cover losses in troubled investment funds that bought properties in Ukraine during the boom...
- The battle for the fifth floorBy Niamh Connolly Political Correspondent A civil war-style feud over claims to the fifth floor of Leinster House has erupted between Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael just days before the 31st D...
- Independents to choose their leadersBy Niamh Connolly Political Correspondent Independent TDs hoping to form a 'technical' group to boost their participation in the Dáil are to meet on Tuesday afternoon to discuss the selec...
- Tribune Newspapers plc (In Receivership)Following a review by the Receiver, in consultation with the management of the company, of the financial and risk areas of the Sunday Tribune it has been decided that publication of the n...
- Words and picturesHow would it be if instead of our natural life span being around 80 years or so, it was 30 at most? That's what happens to the characters in Mark Romanek's Never Let Me Go, a film adaptat...
- Devils' Owen and old heads sends lively Saints to limboIt took the old heads of Ryan Giggs and Michael Owen to overcome a spritely Southampton as Manchester United eventually progressed to the FA Cup fifth-round with a largely fortuitous 2-1 ...
- Choose life on the boardwalkRight now, courtesy of Martin Scorsese and a writer/producer who worked on The Sopranos, Kelly Macdonald – "weird, hunchy Scottish girl" (© K Macdonald, 2002) – might be ...
- Blanket bank guarantee was to avoid ECB and market scrutinyThe banking guarantee, which has cost the taxpayer €46bn so far, was originally intended to allow the Central Bank to provide emergency funding to the collapsing financial sector wi...
- Total names Pouyanné as chief executiveDesmarest appointed chairman to help with transition
- El-Erian joins peer-to-peer lender PayoffFormer Pimco chief executive leads $12m equity finance round
- MPC minutes signal rates staying on holdMost members far from convinced of need for early increase
- BGC in hostile $675m bid for rival GFIInterdealer broker acts after ‘delays’ in striking negotiated takeover deal
- SuperGroup founder Dunkerton steps downFormer Co-op Group chief Euan Sutherland takes helm at fashion group
- The rise of the dinosaurs: Pardon!A geological burp may have led to the dinosaurs’ domination THE dinosaurs, famously, went out with a bang. Some 65.5m years ago, at the end of the Cretaceous period, the Earth coll...
- KAL's cartoon
- Working-age populationDemography may not quite be destiny, but it makes a big difference to countries’ economic prospects. Many emerging economies are in the sweet spot of a demographic transition, wher...
- The Economist commodity-price index
- Output, prices and jobs
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland
- Tennis-Valencia Open men's singles resultsOct 22 (Infostrada Sports) - Results from the Valencia Open Men's Singles matches on Wednesday Round 13-Andy Murray (Britain) beat Jurgen Melzer (Austria) 6-3 6-3 Thomaz Bellucci (Brazil)...
- Bellingham told of Christmas hopesThe late Lynda Bellingham was seen poignantly describing the details of the Christmas she would never see during her final TV interview.
- EU court rejects BT appeal on pension protection levyBRUSSELS/LONDON (Reuters) - Europe's top court on Wednesday said an exemption granted to former British telecoms monopoly BT from paying into a pension protection fund constituted state a...
- US Investigates IS Weapons Drop FootageThe US has claimed most of the weapons airdropped in Syria reached the Kurds they were intended to help - despite a video purporting to show Islamic State militants with a bundle.
- Social Security benefits to go up by 1.7 percentWASHINGTON (AP) — Millions of older Americans who rely on federal benefits will get a 1.7 percent increase in their monthly payments next year, the government announced Wednesday.
Reuters - Top News
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airportsNEW YORK (Reuters) - The United States ratcheted up its safeguards against Ebola on Tuesday, requiring travelers from three countries at the center of an epidemic in West Africa to fly in...
- North Korea unexpectedly frees American Jeffrey FowleWASHINGTON (Reuters) - North Korea has freed Jeffrey Fowle, one of three Americans detained by the country, and he is being flown home to his family, Washington said on Tuesday, amid grow...
- Kerry says status quo between Israel, Palestinians 'unsustainable'BERLIN (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Wednesday that current relations between Israel and Palestine were "unsustainable" and that the United States was conscious o...
- Apple CEO discusses security with top Chinese official amid hacking claims - XinhuaBEIJING (Reuters) - Apple Inc Chief Executive Tim Cook discussed user data security at a meeting on Wednesday with a top Chinese government official in Beijing, the official Xinhua news a...
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with governmentHONG KONG (Reuters) - About 200 Hong Kong protesters marched to the home of the city's Beijing-backed leader on Wednesday to push their case for greater democracy a day after talks betwee...
- Indonesia girl back with family after 2004 tsunamiA girl who was swept away in the Indian Ocean tsunami seven years ago said Friday she broke down in tears this week after tracking down her parents, who had long lost hope of finding her...
- Not just NKorea, political dynasties are all overIf North Korea's new leader is looking for advice on how to carry on his family's dynasty, he could turn to Rahul Gandhi, who is on a quest to become the fourth generation of h...
- Chinese villagers demand release of detaineesProtesters gathered Saturday outside a town hall in southern China to appeal for the release of people detained during demonstrations over a planned power plant expansion, a witness said.
- Social networking booming in Egypt, RussiaA new survey shows people in poorer countries send text messages more often than those in wealthier countries. Men in Spain and Germany access the Internet on their phones twice as much ...
- Faces of the recession: homeless childrenThe National Center on Family Homelessness said 1.6 million children were living on the streets of the United States in 2010 or in shelters, motels and doubled-up with other families. Th...
Yahoo! News UK - Republic of Ireland
- NI business performance 'improving'The performance of Northern Ireland's businesses has improved since this time last year, a survey said.
- Ingersoll-Rand tops Street 3Q forecastsOn a per-share basis, the Co. Dublin, Ireland-based company said it had net income of $1.07. Earnings, adjusted to account for discontinued operations and restructuring costs, came to $1....
- Why one Irish bank will probably fail European stress tests, but you shouldn’t worry (much)Results will come out on Sunday. Don’t they know it’s a long weekend?
- Irish pharmacists say epilepsy and pain relief drugs in short supplyThe Department of Health said medicine shortages are a global issue but it works with health professionals to avoid and manage them when they arise.
- Groupon to treble Irish workforceOnline commerce company Groupon plans to treble its Irish workforce over the next two years as it officially open its international hub in Dublin.
Yahoo! News (About Ireland)
- Property prices rise to 15 per cent higher than last yearRise in Dublin house prices almost 23 per cent higher than 2013
- Asian lion cub born at Dublin ZooParents Sita and Kumar and the staff at Dublin Zoo are celebrating the birth of a female Asian lion cub.
- Dublin apartment prices are up 35% in a year, but the house market is finally starting to coolMost of buyers’ ‘mattress money’ that was built up during the boom years is gone.
- 588 Dublin flats, shops going for E116m588 Dublin apartments across seven residential developments, along with 36,274 sq ft (3,370 sq m) of commercial and retail space, have been brought to the market with a guide price of E116m.
- Property prices rise to almost 15 per cent higher than last yearRise in Dublin house prices almost 23 per cent higher than 2013