- Graham Dwyer Trial: Phone allegedly associated with accused had only one contact - under the name 'slv'A PHONE allegedly associated with Graham Dwyer that was found at the bottom of Vartry reservoir had just one contact number on it under the name “slv”, the Central Criminal Court has heard.
- Martin 'The Viper' Foley taken to hospital from garda station complaining of 'heart issue'Veteran criminal Martin Foley, who was arrested yesterday in Dublin city centre after allegedly threatening a female employee of a jewellery store, has been taken to hospital this morning...
- Live Blog: #FutureProof - Have your say on the Irish planning systemJoin the debate as Executive Director of the Irish Planning Institute, Sean O’Leary, answers questions and criticisms about our planning system.
- Prison inmate and his parents arrested on suspicion of helping prisoner Derek Brockwell escape from Tallaght HospitalA prison inmate and his parents have been arrested by gardai investigating the escape of prisoner Derek Brockwell from custody last month.
- Three arrested after high-speed garda chase ends in crashThree men have been arrested after leading Gardai on a high speed chase between Wicklow and Dublin.
- Tony McCoy has armchair ride as Artifice Sivola proves a cut above rivalsTony McCoy enjoyed a winner on what is almost certain to be his final visit to Fakenham when steering Artifice Sivola to a facile success in the King’s Lynn Handicap Chase yesterday.
- Aintree beckons for Night in MilanAll roads for Night In Milan now lead to Aintree and the Crabbie’s Grand National after he finished third in the Grimthorpe Chase at Doncaster on Saturday.
- Sizing Europe team to make late call on targetHenry de Bromhead is no nearer to deciding whether to let Sizing Europe return to Cheltenham for another tilt at the Queen Mother Champion Chase.
- Ruby Walsh: Champion Hurdle decision will be toughRuby Walsh has promised that his head will rule his heart when it comes to making a decision on whether to ride Hurricane Fly or Faugheen in the Stan James Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham n...
- Damien Varley reveals tears at Munster exitFormer Munster hooker Damien Varley revealed he broke down in tears in a taxi after learning he would have to retire from rugby because of a debilitating foot injury.
The Irish Times
- Graham Dwyer trial: ‘master’ and ‘slave’ only contacts on mobilesNokia handsets found in Vartry Reservoir allegedly used by accused and Elaine O’Hara
- Rory McIlroy formally settles dispute with former agentHigh Court hears agreement has been reached between golfer and Horizon
- One person dies of drug overdose per day in Ireland, say groupsLeo Varadkar asked to fast-track law for introduction of drugs overdose treatment
- Two arrested in connection with murder of Edward NugentFormer truck driver (64) was fatally shot on his doorstep in Walkinstown last month
- Cross-Border broadband project lost funds on ‘obsolete’ equipmentEU withdrew from funding project due to ‘irregular expenditure’ says North’s auditor
- Terry will get new deal - MourinhoJose Mourinho says captain John Terry will receive a contract extension to stay at Chelsea beyond the end of this season.
- Ryanair to cut check-in chargesLow-fare airline Ryanair is reducing its check-in charges as part of a newly-launched customer charter.
- Allardyce waiting on ReidWest Ham manager Sam Allardyce insists Winston Reid is no closer to agreeing a new contract with the club.
- Single child heart unit confirmedChildren's heart operations will be delivered on a cross-border basis from a single surgical centre in Dublin, according to the Northern Ireland health minister.
- Liberia urges Ebola 'Marshall Plan'Liberia's president has called for an international aid plan to help rebuild economies in West Africa once Ebola is under control.
- Video: An Phoblacht News – Household Charge, Pensions, Single Working Age Payment, Symphysiotomy
- Cartoonist Jarla’s View on St Patrick’s Day
- New website for An Phoblacht from April 2012AN PHOBLACHT will be launching its new-look website in April to offer readers a better service. Online subscribers will be [...]
- Video : An Phoblacht News for the Sinn Féin Channel, March 2nd
- Video of Sinn Féin Republican Youth National Congress in Dublin
The Irish Post
- It's Another Galaxy...By Niall McDonald FORMER Ireland manager Eoin Hand believes that Robbie Keane’s move to LA Galaxy could severely hinder his chances of playing international football.
- Saturday’s test with France is now a must-win assignmentBy Bernard Jackman THE French public doesn’t hold out a huge amount of hope for their team’s chances in this year’s World Cup.
- GAA: Tipp tame Dubs... eventuallyTIPPERARY 1-19 DUBLIN 0-18 THE LAST time we saw this Tipperary team in the Munster final, it was their attack that won all the plaudits with a seven-goal blitzing of Waterford.
- GAA: Costello grabs four goals as Dubs go on rampageDUBLIN 6-19 WATERFORD 5-13 A VERITABLE goal-fest of an All-Ireland minor semi-final but a game won with consummate ease by Dublin who now face Galway in next month’s final - their first i...
- GAA: Fulham find their feet as St. Kiernans flounderFULHAM IRISH 0-8 ST. KIERNANS 0-4 ST. KIERNANS — slayers of county champions Neasden Gaels just two weeks ago — were themselves toppled at Ruislip on Sunday by Fulham Irish.
Irish Republican News
- ‘CRIMINALS AND TOUTS’ IN SOUTH ARMAGHSinn Fein has warned that a lack of confidence in the PSNI police is encouraging illegal activity in border areas.
- Father seeks to end the silence on ScappaticciA father of a man allegedly murdered by notorious British Crown informer and double agent, Freddie Scappaticci, is behind a new effort to bring the state to book for Scappaticci’s ...
- Report warns against displays of IrishnessA St Patrick’s Day parade in Scotland is facing cancellation because it could be attacked by loyalists, according to reports this week.
- Cut-to-the-bone coalition demonises oppositionThe Dublin government has attempted to turn the tables on its left-wing opponents this week with efforts to portray them as “dangerous” and “anti-democratic”.
- Tempers rising at StormontSix-County officials are understood to have witnessed a blazing row between the leaders of the two main nationalist parties over new welfare cuts.
- Momentum with Ireland but the war is far from wonIreland now have the momentum in the RBS 6 Nations Championship, but there is room for improvement, says Tadhg Peavoy.
- James Bond to appear in Comic Relief sketchHe's known on screen for his devastatingly dry and often macabre quips, but James Bond star Daniel Craig will appear in his own sketch for this year's Comic Relief Red Nose Day on BBC.
- Column: Irish battle with Wales a huge challengeRTÉ Rugby analyst Conor O'Shea says that Ireland's win over England was one to be savoured but that the approaching clash with Wales will be Ireland's biggest challenge in the Six Nations.
- Mourners queue to pay respects to NemtsovThousands of Russians, queued today to pay their respects to Boris Nemtsov, the Kremlin critic who was murdered last week.
- GPs to be offered €100 per child under schemeGPs are expected to be offered around €100 a year, per child, under the Government's plans for free GP care, for 240,000 children under six years.
- GAA Weekend ResultsAllianz National League
- TV3 launches Red Rock teaser campaign with on air promoTV3 has launched the beginning of its teaser campaign with a 5-second on air promo.
- Wednesday Wellness with Willow LaneHolistic therapies have never been so affordable!
- Maternity style from LidlHere's a little something for all the mums...
- Benfica beats Juventus 2-1 in Europa League semisSubstitute Lima scored six minutes from the end to give Benfica a 2-1 win over Juventus in the Europa League first-leg semi-finals tonight.
- Supreme Court sits in Cork for first timeThe Supreme Court is sitting in Cork today for the first time in the history of the State.
- Hollyoaks' Daisy Wood-Davis hopes she is the soap's serial killerThe actress wants her character, nurse Kim Butterfield, to be revealed as The Gloved Hand.
- Richard Hammond: I would've been a better Jack Reacher than Tom CruiseThe Top Gear presenter thinks he could be good in an action film role.
- Theo Paphitis: Deborah Meaden grabbed my Dragons' Den seatThe entrepreneur reckons fellow Dragon Deborah couldn’t wait to get settled into his usual spot.
- Stars of the silver screen shine in charity calendarA group of retirement home residents have recreated classic movie posters for their 2015 calendar.
Inside Ireland on Twitter
- Mid-Week Farming Review http://t.co/svf6F8R5Insideireland: Mid-Week Farming Review http://t.co/svf6F8R5
- sausage maker closes with loss of 160 jobs http://t.co/zPDffXtEInsideireland: sausage maker closes with loss of 160 jobs http://t.co/zPDffXtE
- RT @siliconrepublic: IEDR seeks gardaí help to investigate attack on .ie namespace: Some systems at the .ie domain registry (IEDR) re... ...Insideireland: RT @siliconrepublic: IEDR seeks gardaí help to investigate attack on .ie namespace: Some systems at the .ie domain registry (IEDR) re... ...
- RT @siliconrepublic: Doodle 4 Google contest opens for Irish students to get creative: Google has launched its annual art and design ... ...Insideireland: RT @siliconrepublic: Doodle 4 Google contest opens for Irish students to get creative: Google has launched its annual art and design ... ...
- RT @premierleague: ANSWER: Surprisingly no-one got both the team - Man City - and the correct number of senior internationals away this ...Insideireland: RT @premierleague: ANSWER: Surprisingly no-one got both the team - Man City - and the correct number of senior internationals away this ...
- Athletics:Maria McCambridge and Mick Clohisey take GloHealth Senior titles in KilbroneyMaria McCambridge (Dundrum South Dublin AC) and Mick Clohisey (Raheny Shamrock AC) came out on top in their respective races at the GloHealth Inter Club and Juvenile Inter County Relay Cr...
- Athletics: GloHealth Juvenile Inter County ReviewThe GloHealth Juvenile Inter County Relay Cross Country Championships took place in the scenic Kilbroney Park, Co. Down on Sunday, 1st of March.
- Death of Tipperary (and Galway) legend Tony Reddin (R.I.P)Sad news this morning from Lorrha GAA club in Tipperary who announced the death of legendary Tipperary goalkeeper TONY REDDIN at the grand old age of 95.
- Men’s Hockey: Ireland makes it two wins’ in a row’ in San DiegoIreland made it two wins from two at the World League Round Two at a rain-soaked Chula Vista in San Diego, seeing off a tricky Austrian opponent to add to Saturday's 8-0 win over Chile.
- Equestrian: Irish Juniors and Young Riders in the medals in FloridaUnder the guidance of Chef d’Equipe Comdt. John Ledingham, Irish Junior and Young Riders made their mark at the international show in Wellington, Florida during the weekend.
The Sunday Business Post
- Fine Gael and Labour likely to approve coalition pact todayBy Pat Leahy and Niamh Connolly Fine Gael and Labour are expected to agree formally a coalition deal today at separate meetings in Dublin. By Pat Leahy and Niamh Connolly Fine Gael and La...
- Fears banks will up ECB rate hikesBy Emma Kennedy Irish banks could use an April hike in European interest rates as a way to improve their balance sheets, and push more homeowners into arrears, banking experts fear. By Em...
- Quinn companies liable for losses on Kiev propertiesBy Gavin Daly The Central Bank has insisted that companies owned by businessman Sean Quinn must cover losses in troubled investment funds that bought properties in Ukraine during the boom...
- The battle for the fifth floorBy Niamh Connolly Political Correspondent A civil war-style feud over claims to the fifth floor of Leinster House has erupted between Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael just days before the 31st D...
- Independents to choose their leadersBy Niamh Connolly Political Correspondent Independent TDs hoping to form a 'technical' group to boost their participation in the Dáil are to meet on Tuesday afternoon to discuss the selec...
- Tribune Newspapers plc (In Receivership)Following a review by the Receiver, in consultation with the management of the company, of the financial and risk areas of the Sunday Tribune it has been decided that publication of the n...
- Words and picturesHow would it be if instead of our natural life span being around 80 years or so, it was 30 at most? That's what happens to the characters in Mark Romanek's Never Let Me Go, a film adaptat...
- Devils' Owen and old heads sends lively Saints to limboIt took the old heads of Ryan Giggs and Michael Owen to overcome a spritely Southampton as Manchester United eventually progressed to the FA Cup fifth-round with a largely fortuitous 2-1 ...
- Choose life on the boardwalkRight now, courtesy of Martin Scorsese and a writer/producer who worked on The Sopranos, Kelly Macdonald – "weird, hunchy Scottish girl" (© K Macdonald, 2002) – might be ...
- Blanket bank guarantee was to avoid ECB and market scrutinyThe banking guarantee, which has cost the taxpayer €46bn so far, was originally intended to allow the Central Bank to provide emergency funding to the collapsing financial sector wi...
- Seat moves: How the House of Commons’ composition could changeWhat would happen if the UK General Election were held tomorrow?
- Glencore chief upbeat on oil tradingForecast of ‘blow out’ year for business if current trend persists
- Barclays makes loss after £750m forex hitUnderlying full-year earnings beat expectations after restructuring
- Carney rejects criticism over forex probeBoE governor disagrees with claims that investigation too narrow
- BlackBerry launches touchscreen handsetRelease is first of four planned for this year and inspired by cheaper rivals
- The rise of the dinosaurs: Pardon!A geological burp may have led to the dinosaurs’ domination THE dinosaurs, famously, went out with a bang. Some 65.5m years ago, at the end of the Cretaceous period, the Earth coll...
- KAL's cartoon
- Working-age populationDemography may not quite be destiny, but it makes a big difference to countries’ economic prospects. Many emerging economies are in the sweet spot of a demographic transition, wher...
- The Economist commodity-price index
- Output, prices and jobs
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland
- Obama, European leaders to discuss Ukraine, global security - White HouseWASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama will hold talks on Tuesday with European leaders to discuss the Ukraine crisis and global security issues, the White House said. Obama ...
- French far-right leader Le Pen accepts Madonna offer for a chatFrench far-right leader Marine Le Pen on Tuesday accepted an offer to sit down with Madonna over a drink and chat about their points of view.
- Volcano Villarrica erupts in southern Chile, villages evacuatedBy Antonio De la Jara and Rosalba O'Brien SANTIAGO (Reuters) - Volcano Villarrica in southern Chile erupted in the early hours of Tuesday, sending a plume of ash and lava high into ...
- BlackBerry Leap smartphone unveiledMobile phone manufacturer BlackBerry has made a return to the touchscreen device market with a new mid-range phone, and teased a curved screen device with a sliding keyboard to come out ...
- Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand PrixBy Alan Baldwin LONDON (Reuters) - Fernando Alonso will miss next week's season-opening Australian Formula One Grand Prix on doctors' advice after a heavy crash in testing, the...
Reuters - Top News
- UK intelligence asked Tanzania to stop 'Jihadi John' in 2009 - sourceDar es Salaam (Reuters) - Mohammed Emwazi, the Briton identified as Islamic State killer "Jihadi John", was denied entry to Tanzania in 2009 at the request of British security services, a...
- Ryanair asks UK competition authority to reconsider Aer Lingus decisionDUBLIN (Reuters) - Ryanair has asked Britain's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) to reconsider a 2013 decision ordering it to sell down its 30 percent stake in Irish rival Aer Lingu...
- Exclusive: China investigates second top officer for graft - sourcesBEIJING (Reuters) - China is investigating a second former top military officer on suspicion of corruption, two independent sources told Reuters, as President Xi Jinping widens his campai...
- Russians stand in line to mourn by coffin of slain NemtsovMOSCOW (Reuters) - Thousands of Russians, many carrying red carnations, on Tuesday filed past the coffin of Boris Nemtsov, the Kremlin critic whose killing last week, friends say, showed ...
- Three dead as Kiev accuses Ukraine rebels of shellingKIEV (Reuters) - Three Ukrainian servicemen were killed and nine wounded as pro-Russian rebels shelled government positions despite a ceasefire deal, the military said on Tuesday, announc...
- Indonesia girl back with family after 2004 tsunamiA girl who was swept away in the Indian Ocean tsunami seven years ago said Friday she broke down in tears this week after tracking down her parents, who had long lost hope of finding her...
- Not just NKorea, political dynasties are all overIf North Korea's new leader is looking for advice on how to carry on his family's dynasty, he could turn to Rahul Gandhi, who is on a quest to become the fourth generation of h...
- Chinese villagers demand release of detaineesProtesters gathered Saturday outside a town hall in southern China to appeal for the release of people detained during demonstrations over a planned power plant expansion, a witness said.
- Social networking booming in Egypt, RussiaA new survey shows people in poorer countries send text messages more often than those in wealthier countries. Men in Spain and Germany access the Internet on their phones twice as much ...
- Faces of the recession: homeless childrenThe National Center on Family Homelessness said 1.6 million children were living on the streets of the United States in 2010 or in shelters, motels and doubled-up with other families. Th...
Yahoo! News UK - Republic of Ireland
- Ryanair asks UK competition authority to reconsider Aer Lingus decisionRyanair has asked Britain's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) to reconsider a 2013 decision ordering it to sell down its 30 percent stake in Irish rival Aer Lingus . One of th...
- Amla ton helps South Africa to 201-run win over IrelandCANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Hashim Amla's 20th one-day international century set South Africa on course for its second successive 400-plus total and a 201-run win over Ireland in the...
- 13 times Starbucks summed up the struggle of having an Irish name abroad“Grande for Zaif”
- Yes, these face masks made from Irish peat are realSmearing bog on your face might be the secret to eternal youth.
- Dublin IS NOT the most expensive place for a hotel stay in IrelandSurprisingly, Killarney in Co Kerry is.
Yahoo! News (About Ireland)
- Minister to allocate extra €4m for Dublin homeless budgetGovernment reacts to growing pressure on homeless services in the capital
- Dublin commuters facing rain-soaked journey homeWorkers in Dublin are facing what could be an arduous journey home, with spot flooding reported in some areas.
- Irish owner to retain Church bar and cafe following refinancingJD Wetherspoon had its eye on the Dublin venue but successful Ulster Bank refinancing means it will stay with current owners
- Dublin City Council trying to cut off phone numbers on ‘cash for cars’ adsThe council is liaising with gardaí on the issue of the illegal ads.
- Communicorp merges two radio sales teamsDublin-based media group to merge commercial sales teams at Today FM and Newstalk