- Eight people found alive inside Italian hotel hit by avalancheEight people have been found alive inside Italian hotel hit by avalanche.
- 'We want him to know that it was an accident' - Family of fatal accident dad to driver of SUVThe family of a Dublin grandfather who died after being struck by an SUV in a road accident earlier this week have said they do not blame the driver.
- Washington buzzes with tension – and things could get very uglyPing! The email from the Presidential Inaugural Committee 2017 arrives with the same, familiar alert as any other.
- Man arrested over 2005 murder of Irene White (43)A man has been arrested over the 2005 murder of mother Irene White.
- 'Shocking' child abuse in Northern Ireland institutions outlined in inquiryShocking instances of historic child abuse in institutions in Northern Ireland have been outlined in the findings of the region's four-year inquiry into mistreatment of residents.
- 2016 flop just a blip, argues Rebel ace Pat HorganPat Horgan has asked Cork hurling supporters to judge the team over a broader period of time than just last season, which he claims was a rare blip.
- Wexford snatch victory with late blitzWexford 1-17 Dublin 0-17: Three late unanswered points handed Wexford a deserved victory over Dublin in this Walsh Cup game played at Hollymount last night.
- Ronald Koeman willing to sell Gerard Deulofeu and Phil JagielkaRonald Koeman would be happy to let Gerard Deulofeu leave Everton — and captain Phil Jagielka could also be nearing the exit door.
- Joe Canning: Playing in Munster futileGalway talisman Joe Canning has admitted he sees no benefit from the county potentially entering the Munster hurling championship.
- League format over-burdens college-going players and needs to change, claims Derek McGrathWaterford manager Derek McGrath says the Allianz Hurling League format has to change to reduce the demands on young hurlers.
The Irish Times
- Clondalkin councillors ask Ministers to drop ‘gangland’ termLetter to Minister for Justice raises fears about the neighbourhood’s reputation
- Trump protests: where and when are they taking place in IrelandProtest groups call for Irish Government to stand up for justice, equality and human rights
- Sex, puke and pork scratchings: House of Commons FOIsList of freedom of information requests reveals records sought by public
- Dublin Airport seeks five more years to build new runwayPlanning permission for €320 million project was granted in 2007 but then put on hold
- Man arrested after woman (51) found dead in house in ArmaghPSNI launch murder investigation after body found in Lurgan in early hours of Friday
- 20 cars seized in raid on garage owned by son of notorious drug dealerCAB and Revenue officers have seized 20 vehicles from the motor sales business owned by the son of a notorious drug trafficker.
- Deulofeu and Jagielka set for exitRonald Koeman would be happy to let Gerard Deulofeu leave Everton - and captain Phil Jagielka could also be nearing the exit door.
- Patience is new Munster's greatest virtueYou can say what you like when you win.
- Hammers leave Payet in limbo as Bilic targets new facesDimitri Payet remains in limbo at West Ham but manager Slaven Bilic is hopeful of making a new signing within the next 24 hours.
- Healy has to put his hand upCian Healy wants his old shirts so badly that he has been trying too hard to get them back.
- Video: An Phoblacht News – Household Charge, Pensions, Single Working Age Payment, Symphysiotomy
- Cartoonist Jarla’s View on St Patrick’s Day
- New website for An Phoblacht from April 2012AN PHOBLACHT will be launching its new-look website in April to offer readers a better service. Online subscribers will be [...]
- Video : An Phoblacht News for the Sinn Féin Channel, March 2nd
- Video of Sinn Féin Republican Youth National Congress in Dublin
The Irish Post
- Timelapse video shows the beauty of Ireland’s Mourne Mountains over 18 months[…] Timelapse video shows the beauty of Ireland’s Mourne Mountains over 18 months
- Deck out in Ireland with this €65,000 mobile home on the east coast[…] Deck out in Ireland with this €65,000 mobile home on the east coast
- GAA-loving Irish priest is the oldest serving in Britain[…] GAA-loving Irish priest is the oldest serving in Britain
- Martin McGuinness quits Northern Irish politics to deal with serious medical condition[…] Martin McGuinness quits Northern Irish politics to deal with serious medical condition
- €90,000 four-bed bungalow in the shadow of Ireland’s spectacular Ox Mountains for sale[…] €90,000 four-bed bungalow in the shadow of Ireland’s spectacular Ox Mountains for sale
Irish Republican News
- Martin McGuinness retiresSinn Fein’s Martin McGuinness has effectively retired from politics after announcing he will not be standing for re-election in the 2 March poll to the Belfast Assembly.
- Election set for March 2 amid rancorous Stormont debateThe British government has announced that elections to the Stormont Assembly wil take place on Thursday, March 2nd after the Sinn Fein/DUP power-sharing Executive formally collapsed this...
- CRISIS TALKS FAIL, ELECTION DUEThe north of Ireland is inexorably heading for an election following the resignation of Sinn Fein’s Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness and the failure of last-minute talks eff...
- McGuinness asks for privacy over illnessMartin McGuinness has called for his privacy to be respected by the media after a newspaper published details of a serious illness for which he is said to be receiving treatment.
- Irish language rights campaign presses on after DUP u-turnA DUP decision to re-instate an Irish language bursary scheme has been described by Sinn Fein as “too little, too late”.
- Euro rebounds after hitting 21-month lowThe euro has rebounded from 21-month lows, clawing back almost all the ground it had lost overnight after Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi conceded defeat in a referendum on plans to r...
- Pat Lam to quit Connacht at end of seasonConnacht head coach Pat Lam has announced he will be leaving the province next summer.
- Guns n Roses to headline Slane gig next MayRocker's Guns 'n Roses will headline a gig at Slane castle next summer.
- Kim Kardashian "not leaving" husband Kanye WestKim Kardashian is not leaving her husband Kanye West despite rumours saying their marriage is in trouble.
- One killed, two hurt in Co Cork road collisionA young man has died following a head-on collision between two cars in Co Cork.
- GAA Weekend ResultsAllianz National League
- TV3 launches Red Rock teaser campaign with on air promoTV3 has launched the beginning of its teaser campaign with a 5-second on air promo.
- Wednesday Wellness with Willow LaneHolistic therapies have never been so affordable!
- Maternity style from LidlHere's a little something for all the mums...
- Benfica beats Juventus 2-1 in Europa League semisSubstitute Lima scored six minutes from the end to give Benfica a 2-1 win over Juventus in the Europa League first-leg semi-finals tonight.
- Hundreds of thousands gathering for 'historic' Donald Trump inaugurationMassive crowds of supporters and opponents of Donald Trump are gathering in Washington as the world prepares for an extraordinary inauguration ceremony.
- Nicholas Lyndhurst to tread the boards in CarouselAlfie Boe and Katherine Jenkins have previously been cast in the production.
- South African model pleads guilty to harassing celeb chef Dylan McGrathA South African model, who starred in RTÉ’s First Dates Ireland, has pleaded guilty to harassing celebrity chef Dylan McGrath.
- Hyundai withdraw car from Monte Carlo rally following spectator deathThe car went off the course on a left-hand bend towards the end of the 21.25 kilometre Entrevaux-Ubraye opening leg.
- African leaders arrive as deadline passes for ex-Gambian leader to step asideThe leaders of Guinea and Mauritania have arrived in Gambia's capital in a last-ditch diplomatic effort to get defeated president Yahya Jammeh to cede power.
Inside Ireland on Twitter
- Mid-Week Farming Review http://t.co/svf6F8R5Insideireland: Mid-Week Farming Review http://t.co/svf6F8R5
- sausage maker closes with loss of 160 jobs http://t.co/zPDffXtEInsideireland: sausage maker closes with loss of 160 jobs http://t.co/zPDffXtE
- RT @siliconrepublic: IEDR seeks gardaí help to investigate attack on .ie namespace: Some systems at the .ie domain registry (IEDR) re... ...Insideireland: RT @siliconrepublic: IEDR seeks gardaí help to investigate attack on .ie namespace: Some systems at the .ie domain registry (IEDR) re... ...
- RT @siliconrepublic: Doodle 4 Google contest opens for Irish students to get creative: Google has launched its annual art and design ... ...Insideireland: RT @siliconrepublic: Doodle 4 Google contest opens for Irish students to get creative: Google has launched its annual art and design ... ...
- RT @premierleague: ANSWER: Surprisingly no-one got both the team - Man City - and the correct number of senior internationals away this ...Insideireland: RT @premierleague: ANSWER: Surprisingly no-one got both the team - Man City - and the correct number of senior internationals away this ...
- Six Nations 2017: England squad announcedWe have the list of players that will be making up the England team to play France on the 4th of February as Eddie Jones announced their six nations squad.
- Heartbreak City Runs in the Coral.ie Hurdle at Leopardstown This SundayHeartbreak City, the clear ante-post favourite, has been declared in a field of 23 runners for the €100,000 Coral.ie Hurdle at Leopardstown on Sunday.
- European Champions Cup Rugby – How the pools stand after Round 5It's the final weekend of pool matches in the Champions cup formerly the Heineken Cup rugby competition, we have the standings and the likely qualifiers.
- Daniel Coyle leads Irish 1-2 in $75,000 in Grand Prix at Wellington, FloridaWeek one of the 2017 Winter Equestrian Festival at Wellington, Florida, concluded with victory for Ireland’s Daniel Coyle
- Bandon’s Phil Healy achieves European Indoor Athletics qualifying time for 60mPhil Healy has achieved two European indoor 60m qualifying standards with her excellent performances at the Irish Life Health National Indoor League in Athlone IT.
The Sunday Business Post
- Fine Gael and Labour likely to approve coalition pact todayBy Pat Leahy and Niamh Connolly Fine Gael and Labour are expected to agree formally a coalition deal today at separate meetings in Dublin. By Pat Leahy and Niamh Connolly Fine Gael and La...
- Fears banks will up ECB rate hikesBy Emma Kennedy Irish banks could use an April hike in European interest rates as a way to improve their balance sheets, and push more homeowners into arrears, banking experts fear. By Em...
- Quinn companies liable for losses on Kiev propertiesBy Gavin Daly The Central Bank has insisted that companies owned by businessman Sean Quinn must cover losses in troubled investment funds that bought properties in Ukraine during the boom...
- The battle for the fifth floorBy Niamh Connolly Political Correspondent A civil war-style feud over claims to the fifth floor of Leinster House has erupted between Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael just days before the 31st D...
- Independents to choose their leadersBy Niamh Connolly Political Correspondent Independent TDs hoping to form a 'technical' group to boost their participation in the Dáil are to meet on Tuesday afternoon to discuss the selec...
- Tribune Newspapers plc (In Receivership)Following a review by the Receiver, in consultation with the management of the company, of the financial and risk areas of the Sunday Tribune it has been decided that publication of the n...
- Words and picturesHow would it be if instead of our natural life span being around 80 years or so, it was 30 at most? That's what happens to the characters in Mark Romanek's Never Let Me Go, a film adaptat...
- Devils' Owen and old heads sends lively Saints to limboIt took the old heads of Ryan Giggs and Michael Owen to overcome a spritely Southampton as Manchester United eventually progressed to the FA Cup fifth-round with a largely fortuitous 2-1 ...
- Choose life on the boardwalkRight now, courtesy of Martin Scorsese and a writer/producer who worked on The Sopranos, Kelly Macdonald – "weird, hunchy Scottish girl" (© K Macdonald, 2002) – might be ...
- Blanket bank guarantee was to avoid ECB and market scrutinyThe banking guarantee, which has cost the taxpayer €46bn so far, was originally intended to allow the Central Bank to provide emergency funding to the collapsing financial sector wi...
- Jubilant Trump awaits inauguration as US presidentProperty tycoon turned politician vows to make America ‘greater than ever before’
- Inauguration of Donald Trump – LiveCoverage of the swearing in ceremony of the 45th president of the US
- Trump’s inaugural show rolls in to a divided AmericaThe swearing-in of the new president will be greeted with both joy and trepidation
- Timetable for taking power: Trump’s big dayMuch ceremony at the 2017 inauguration but the new president could deliver surprises
- Hammond says Brexit squeeze is hitting UK householdsChancellor says higher prices ahead as new data show retail sales falling
- The rise of the dinosaurs: Pardon!A geological burp may have led to the dinosaurs’ domination THE dinosaurs, famously, went out with a bang. Some 65.5m years ago, at the end of the Cretaceous period, the Earth coll...
- KAL's cartoon
- Working-age populationDemography may not quite be destiny, but it makes a big difference to countries’ economic prospects. Many emerging economies are in the sweet spot of a demographic transition, wher...
- The Economist commodity-price index
- Output, prices and jobs
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland
- Pageantry, protests to mark the start of Trump's U.S. presidencyBy Steve Holland WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Donald Trump will be sworn in on Friday as the 45th president of the United States, taking power over a divided country after a savage campaign an...
- The Gambia's president Adama Barrow wants strong UK tiesThe new Gambian president has told Sky News that he considers the UK to be his country's number one trading partner. In his first interview with a British media outlet, Adama Barrow told ...
- Italy avalanche: Eight people rescued from Hotel RigopianoEight people - including two young girls - have been rescued from the Italian hotel buried in an avalanche on Wednesday, according to news reports. Italian media say police have confirmed...
- No longer 'realistic' to exclude Assad from Syria deal: TurkeyTurkey said on Friday it was no longer "realistic" to insist on a solution to the Syria conflict without President Bashar al-Assad.
- Smoke, fire hinder search for bodies under collapsed Tehran mallThick smoke and fire were hampering the search for the bodies of at least 20 firefighters under the rubble of a collapsed 17-storey building in Tehran more than a day after the blaze beg...
Reuters - Top News
- G20 finance leaders under pressure to boost growthWASHINGTON (Reuters) - Financial leaders from the Group of 20 major economies scrambled on Friday for a way to keep global growth from stalling amid concerns about a drop-off in internati...
- Air raids intensify in Syria's Homs, prayers cancelled - doctor, monitorsBEIRUT (Reuters) - Syrian government air strikes hit rebel-held areas north of the city of Homs for a second day, forcing authorities to cancel Friday prayers for the first time in six mo...
- Citi profit slumps on weak trading, investment banking revenue(Reuters) - Citigroup Inc's quarterly profit plunged 27 percent as it earned less from trading and investment banking and incurred higher costs related to shrinking some of its businesses.
- North Korea's failed missile launch prompts 'sabre-rattling' jibe from China mediaSEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea attempted and failed to launch what experts believe was an intermediate-range ballistic missile on Friday in defiance of U.N. sanctions and in an embarrassin...
- White House hopeful Sanders delivers left hook after Brooklyn brawlNEW YORK (Reuters) - Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders built on a combative U.S. presidential debate, pressuring front-runner Hillary Clinton on Friday over her high speaking...
- Indonesia girl back with family after 2004 tsunamiA girl who was swept away in the Indian Ocean tsunami seven years ago said Friday she broke down in tears this week after tracking down her parents, who had long lost hope of finding her...
- Not just NKorea, political dynasties are all overIf North Korea's new leader is looking for advice on how to carry on his family's dynasty, he could turn to Rahul Gandhi, who is on a quest to become the fourth generation of h...
- Chinese villagers demand release of detaineesProtesters gathered Saturday outside a town hall in southern China to appeal for the release of people detained during demonstrations over a planned power plant expansion, a witness said.
- Social networking booming in Egypt, RussiaA new survey shows people in poorer countries send text messages more often than those in wealthier countries. Men in Spain and Germany access the Internet on their phones twice as much ...
- Faces of the recession: homeless childrenThe National Center on Family Homelessness said 1.6 million children were living on the streets of the United States in 2010 or in shelters, motels and doubled-up with other families. Th...
Yahoo! News UK - Republic of Ireland
- IRA leader turned peacemaker McGuinness announces retirementLONDON (AP) — Allies and political opponents are paying tribute to Martin McGuinness, the Irish Republican Army commander-turned-peacemaker who is stepping down as one of Northern Irelan...
- Donald Trump: Making Doonbeg great againA village on the west coast of Ireland will be celebrating Trump's inauguration - and its own economic revival.
- Martin McGuinness announces retirement from frontline politicsSinn Fein's Martin McGuinness has announced he will retire from frontline politics as he focuses on recovering from a "very serious medical condition". Mr McGuinness resigned as Northern ...
- Illness forces Northern Ireland's McGuinness to quit politicsBy Amanda Ferguson BELFAST (Reuters) - Sinn Fein's Martin McGuinness, a key figure throughout five decades of conflict and peace in Northern Ireland, said on Thursday he was bowing ...
- UK's Brexit plans mean border controls unlikely - Ireland's NoonanBy Ben Hirschler DAVOS, Switzerland (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit plans are unlikely to lead to the re-establishment of a physical border or customs contro...
Yahoo! News (About Ireland)
- Minister to allocate extra €4m for Dublin homeless budgetGovernment reacts to growing pressure on homeless services in the capital
- Dublin commuters facing rain-soaked journey homeWorkers in Dublin are facing what could be an arduous journey home, with spot flooding reported in some areas.
- Irish owner to retain Church bar and cafe following refinancingJD Wetherspoon had its eye on the Dublin venue but successful Ulster Bank refinancing means it will stay with current owners
- Dublin City Council trying to cut off phone numbers on ‘cash for cars’ adsThe council is liaising with gardaí on the issue of the illegal ads.
- Communicorp merges two radio sales teamsDublin-based media group to merge commercial sales teams at Today FM and Newstalk