- Teenager (14) in serious condition after fall from cliffsA young German boy is in a serious condition after having fallen 25ft off a cliff near the Loop Head Peninsula, Co Clare, this morning.
- Convicted child rapist spotted on ferry leaving Ireland for UKA convicted child rapist has been spotted leaving Ireland aboard a ferry.
- Pilot dies after plane crashes at Chris Evans car festivalA pilot has died after a plane involved in an aerial display has crashed at Oulton Park in Cheshire.
- Former Ireland international Sean St Ledger axed from Orlando for “a serious breach of club policy”Orlando City have sacked Sean St Ledger for “a serious breach of club policy," the club confirmed to Independent.ie.
- Travel chaos as Irish Rail experiences serious delays out of capitalThere are serious delays on Irish Rail services out of Heuston Station due to a technical fault.
- Aoife Lane: A valuable lesson learned from coin tossJust a few days ago, July 20 marked six months since the launch of the Women’s Gaelic Player Association.
- A deepening crisis on LeesideWhen the playwright Tom Murphy wrote A Crucial Week In The Life Of A Grocer’s Assistant, he might have been a bit previous in choosing his subject.
- Cork City turn on the style against BohemiansCork City 4 Bohemians 0 A Mark O’Sullivan-inspired Cork City kept up their pursuit of leaders Dundalk at Turner’s Cross last night with an emphatic 4-0 victory over an outcla...
- Suzann Pettersen sets clubhouse target at Women’s British OpenNorway’s Suzann Pettersen set a testing clubhouse target and looked set to lead overnight in the Ricoh Women’s British Open at Turnberry.
- Eamon McGee daring to dream againCaitríona McBride went to school with Eamon McGee, where she had to defend her pencil case from the future Donegal defender. They met recently to bring his story up to date.
The Irish Times
- Miami Showband massacre: ‘They were my brothers’Survivors pay tribute to the vctims of the killings at 40th anniversary ceremony
- Belfast Pride calls for marriage equality in the North‘People have been making a positive statement today, it’s time to sort this out’
- German tourist (14) airlifted after falling off cliff in Co ClareBoy fell at Loop Head while walking with parents
- Funeral of Marie and James Quigley to take place in LouthTragic murder-suicide couple survived by four adult children
- Louth couple’s funeral told of ‘dark cloud’ over Jim QuigleyPriest: I never saw such an expression of love of God as I found in this family
- Teddy's Stevenage beaten by SpursTeddy Sheringham was unable to get one over his old club Tottenham as Stevenage's pre-season preparations ended with a 2-0 defeat at the Lamex Stadium.
- German woman trampled to death by herd of cows in SwitzerlandA 77-year-old German woman has been trampled to death by a herd of cows in the Alps near the resort town of Laax, Swiss authorities said.
- Suspected Flight MH370 wing flap in France for testsA wing flap suspected to be from the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 has arrived at a French military testing facility where it will be analysed by experts.
- River flows to smooth successThe betting suggested that Galway's Ladbrokes Mobile Maiden Hurdle was a match and so it proved, with Tigris River inflicting a second defeat of the week on Zafayan.
- Harty looking forward to a good DaySabrina Harty is wary of any further rain but expects Have A Nice Day to acquit himself well in the Irish Stallion Farms European Breeders Fund 'Ahonoora' Handicap over seven furlongs at ...
- Video: An Phoblacht News – Household Charge, Pensions, Single Working Age Payment, Symphysiotomy
- Cartoonist Jarla’s View on St Patrick’s Day
- New website for An Phoblacht from April 2012AN PHOBLACHT will be launching its new-look website in April to offer readers a better service. Online subscribers will be [...]
- Video : An Phoblacht News for the Sinn Féin Channel, March 2nd
- Video of Sinn Féin Republican Youth National Congress in Dublin
The Irish Post
- It's Another Galaxy...By Niall McDonald FORMER Ireland manager Eoin Hand believes that Robbie Keane’s move to LA Galaxy could severely hinder his chances of playing international football.
- Saturday’s test with France is now a must-win assignmentBy Bernard Jackman THE French public doesn’t hold out a huge amount of hope for their team’s chances in this year’s World Cup.
- GAA: Tipp tame Dubs... eventuallyTIPPERARY 1-19 DUBLIN 0-18 THE LAST time we saw this Tipperary team in the Munster final, it was their attack that won all the plaudits with a seven-goal blitzing of Waterford.
- GAA: Costello grabs four goals as Dubs go on rampageDUBLIN 6-19 WATERFORD 5-13 A VERITABLE goal-fest of an All-Ireland minor semi-final but a game won with consummate ease by Dublin who now face Galway in next month’s final - their first i...
- GAA: Fulham find their feet as St. Kiernans flounderFULHAM IRISH 0-8 ST. KIERNANS 0-4 ST. KIERNANS — slayers of county champions Neasden Gaels just two weeks ago — were themselves toppled at Ruislip on Sunday by Fulham Irish.
Irish Republican News
- BRITISH ARMY CARRY OUT DERRY RAIDSThere has been an angry response after British soldiers mounted raids in Derry’s Galliagh area this week, with Sinn Fein describing them as “unacceptable”.
- Appeals for US intervention in Stormont stalemateSinn Fein’s Martin McGuinness has travelled to Washington DC this week to ask for US assistance to prevent British welfare cuts being implemented in the north of Ireland.
- Provocative march goes ahead in south BelfastLoyalists have staged a highly controversial march through south Belfast in honour of a death squad linked to scores of sectarian murders during the conflict.
- GAA man’s family to sue over killingThe family of murdered Gaelic sports official Sean Brown is set to sue the PSNI chief constable and British ministry of defence over the part they played in his death.
- Coalition to continue Irish Water ‘incompetence’ despite EU rulingThere have been calls for the Dublin parliament to be recalled after a European Union agency indicated the government tried to manipulate Irish Water to cheat EU funding requirements.
- Warren the sole Scot to reach Murcar semisSecond seed Marc Warren overcame an injury scare and one of the most bizarre matches of his career to keep hopes of a Scottish victory alive in the Saltire Energy Paul Lawrie Matchplay at...
- Suzann Pettersen stays in British Open huntNorway's Suzann Pettersen recovered from a poor start to her third round to remain firmly in contention for a third Major title in the Ricoh Women's British Open.
- Fight errupts at Bobbi Kristina Brown's funeralThe funeral of Bobbi Kristina Brown, daughter to singers Bobby Brown and the late Whitney Houston, descended into chaotic scenes as her aunt Leolah Brown was escorted out of the service b...
- Sligo boss Carew finds solace in 'big improvement'Sligo manager Niall Carew insisted his side had made a "big improvement" despite suffering a seven-point defeat to Tyrone in their Round 4B Qualifier clash at Croke Park.
- Donegal find extra gear to crush GalwayDonegal burst into life into the second half at Croke Park to swat Galway aside by 3-12 to 0-11 and book a place in the All-Ireland quarter-finals against Mayo next Saturday.
- GAA Weekend ResultsAllianz National League
- TV3 launches Red Rock teaser campaign with on air promoTV3 has launched the beginning of its teaser campaign with a 5-second on air promo.
- Wednesday Wellness with Willow LaneHolistic therapies have never been so affordable!
- Maternity style from LidlHere's a little something for all the mums...
- Benfica beats Juventus 2-1 in Europa League semisSubstitute Lima scored six minutes from the end to give Benfica a 2-1 win over Juventus in the Europa League first-leg semi-finals tonight.
- Watch this tiny Pomeranian puppy having the most EPIC sneeze everAwwww bless him!
- Cecil the Lion's brother Jericho killed by poachersCecil the Lion’s brother Jericho has been killed by poachers in Zimbabwe.
- Social media reacts to Donegal’s victory over GalwayHere’s how Twitter reacted to the win for the Ulster county.
- Donegal dismiss Galway with second-half brillianceDonegal recovered from a massive 30 minutes without a score to put away Galway and seal an All-Ireland quarter-final against Mayo next Saturday.
- Relative of Bobbi Kristina Brown walks out of funeral over family feudA relative of Bobbi Kristina Brown has left a memorial service for the daughter of Whitney Houston and R&B singer Bobby Brown to speak to reporters.
Inside Ireland on Twitter
- Mid-Week Farming Review http://t.co/svf6F8R5Insideireland: Mid-Week Farming Review http://t.co/svf6F8R5
- sausage maker closes with loss of 160 jobs http://t.co/zPDffXtEInsideireland: sausage maker closes with loss of 160 jobs http://t.co/zPDffXtE
- RT @siliconrepublic: IEDR seeks gardaí help to investigate attack on .ie namespace: Some systems at the .ie domain registry (IEDR) re... ...Insideireland: RT @siliconrepublic: IEDR seeks gardaí help to investigate attack on .ie namespace: Some systems at the .ie domain registry (IEDR) re... ...
- RT @siliconrepublic: Doodle 4 Google contest opens for Irish students to get creative: Google has launched its annual art and design ... ...Insideireland: RT @siliconrepublic: Doodle 4 Google contest opens for Irish students to get creative: Google has launched its annual art and design ... ...
- RT @premierleague: ANSWER: Surprisingly no-one got both the team - Man City - and the correct number of senior internationals away this ...Insideireland: RT @premierleague: ANSWER: Surprisingly no-one got both the team - Man City - and the correct number of senior internationals away this ...
- All Ireland SFC Round 4B Qualifier Tyrone v Sligo: Preview and Team NewsTyrone meet Sligo in their Round 4B qualifier at Croke Park on Saturday in a repeat of the eventful tie between the two Counties at the same stage of the qualifiers back in 2002.
- All Ireland SFC Round 4B Qualifier Donegal v Galway: Preview and Team NewsIn what should be an interesting tussle, beaten Ulster finalists Donegal take on Galway in the second of Saturday’s Round 4B qualifiers at Croke Park.
- GAA Fixtures & Previews – August Bank Holiday WeekendThis August Bank Holiday weekend sees the GAA All Ireland Football Championship step up a gear with the first pair of Quarter Finals taking place on Sunday along with round 4 of the quali...
- Boxing : Katie Taylor WILL appear on the Andy Lee undercard at Thomond Park on 19th SeptemberSports News Ireland understands that Olympic champion, Katie Taylor WILL feature on the Andy Lee card at Thomond Park in Limerick on September 19th.
- Andrew Trimble talks about Ireland’s squad for World CupAndrew Trimble believes Ireland have the strength in depth to compete with the major sides at this year’s World Cup.
The Sunday Business Post
- Fine Gael and Labour likely to approve coalition pact todayBy Pat Leahy and Niamh Connolly Fine Gael and Labour are expected to agree formally a coalition deal today at separate meetings in Dublin. By Pat Leahy and Niamh Connolly Fine Gael and La...
- Fears banks will up ECB rate hikesBy Emma Kennedy Irish banks could use an April hike in European interest rates as a way to improve their balance sheets, and push more homeowners into arrears, banking experts fear. By Em...
- Quinn companies liable for losses on Kiev propertiesBy Gavin Daly The Central Bank has insisted that companies owned by businessman Sean Quinn must cover losses in troubled investment funds that bought properties in Ukraine during the boom...
- The battle for the fifth floorBy Niamh Connolly Political Correspondent A civil war-style feud over claims to the fifth floor of Leinster House has erupted between Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael just days before the 31st D...
- Independents to choose their leadersBy Niamh Connolly Political Correspondent Independent TDs hoping to form a 'technical' group to boost their participation in the Dáil are to meet on Tuesday afternoon to discuss the selec...
- Tribune Newspapers plc (In Receivership)Following a review by the Receiver, in consultation with the management of the company, of the financial and risk areas of the Sunday Tribune it has been decided that publication of the n...
- Words and picturesHow would it be if instead of our natural life span being around 80 years or so, it was 30 at most? That's what happens to the characters in Mark Romanek's Never Let Me Go, a film adaptat...
- Devils' Owen and old heads sends lively Saints to limboIt took the old heads of Ryan Giggs and Michael Owen to overcome a spritely Southampton as Manchester United eventually progressed to the FA Cup fifth-round with a largely fortuitous 2-1 ...
- Choose life on the boardwalkRight now, courtesy of Martin Scorsese and a writer/producer who worked on The Sopranos, Kelly Macdonald – "weird, hunchy Scottish girl" (© K Macdonald, 2002) – might be ...
- Blanket bank guarantee was to avoid ECB and market scrutinyThe banking guarantee, which has cost the taxpayer €46bn so far, was originally intended to allow the Central Bank to provide emergency funding to the collapsing financial sector wi...
- Carry on cruising: 175 years of CunardIn July 1840, the paddle-steamer Britannia set sail from Liverpool, inaugurating the first timetabled passenger service across the Atlantic and changing ocean travel forever. Exactly 175 ...
- Falling oil price hits big energy groupsExxonMobil and Chevron results blow follow huge job cut announcements in Europe
- Bin Laden family members killed in jet crashRelatives of al-Qaeda founder among the dead after crash landing in Hampshire
- Former Mt Gox chief arrested in JapanMark Karpelès led world’s largest bitcoin exchange before it collapsed in 2014
- Trade talks fail to break TPP deadlockHawaii negotiations stall on dairy, sugar and intellectual property disagreements
- The rise of the dinosaurs: Pardon!A geological burp may have led to the dinosaurs’ domination THE dinosaurs, famously, went out with a bang. Some 65.5m years ago, at the end of the Cretaceous period, the Earth coll...
- KAL's cartoon
- Working-age populationDemography may not quite be destiny, but it makes a big difference to countries’ economic prospects. Many emerging economies are in the sweet spot of a demographic transition, wher...
- The Economist commodity-price index
- Output, prices and jobs
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland
- Cecil The Lion's Brother 'Killed' By PoachersThe brother of Cecil the lion, Jericho, has been shot dead by poachers, the Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force has said. The organisation wrote on Facebook: "It is with huge disgust and sa...
- Pilot Dan Griffith praised for emergency landing of Spitfire with engine troubleThe pilot who crash landed a Spitfire at Biggin Hill Airport after it suffered engine trouble has been praised for his "textbook" emergency skills.
- Cecil the Lion's brother Jericho killed by poachers in ZimbabweCecil the Lion's brother Jericho has been killed by poachers in Zimbabwe.
- Asylum Seekers: Why They Come To UK And FranceWhat do migrants get when they come to Europe? A comparison of the UK and France, plus other facts and stats to know.
- Clinton's Super PAC belies her small-donor campaign imageA Super PAC backing Democratic White House hopeful Hillary Clinton raised $15.6 million in the first six months of the year, according to a report filed on Friday with the Federal Electi...
Reuters - Top News
- U.S., allies target Islamic State with 30 air strikes in Iraq, Syria -U.SWASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States and its allies launched 19 air strikes in Iraq and 11 in Syria on Friday in the coalition campaign against Islamic State militants, the U.S. milit...
- New Afghan Taliban leader appeals for unity in first public messageDERA ISMAIL KHAN/ PESHAWAR, Pakistan (Reuters) - The new Afghan Taliban leader appealed for unity in the insurgency in his first public message released on Saturday amid reports his prede...
- London borough seeks crackdown on noisy supercarsLONDON(Reuters) - On one of London's most exclusive streets, the drivers of some expensive cars are getting ready to leave their parking spots.
- Iran's parliament has no power over nuclear deal, top negotiator saysDUBAI (Reuters) - Iran's parliament does not have authority over the nuclear agreement signed with world powers last month, the Islamic Republic's top nuclear negotiator was quoted as say...
- Three members of bin Laden family killed in jet crash - policeLONDON/DUBAI (Reuters) - Three members of former al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden's family were killed when a private jet crashed in southern England on Friday, British police said on Satu...
- Indonesia girl back with family after 2004 tsunamiA girl who was swept away in the Indian Ocean tsunami seven years ago said Friday she broke down in tears this week after tracking down her parents, who had long lost hope of finding her...
- Not just NKorea, political dynasties are all overIf North Korea's new leader is looking for advice on how to carry on his family's dynasty, he could turn to Rahul Gandhi, who is on a quest to become the fourth generation of h...
- Chinese villagers demand release of detaineesProtesters gathered Saturday outside a town hall in southern China to appeal for the release of people detained during demonstrations over a planned power plant expansion, a witness said.
- Social networking booming in Egypt, RussiaA new survey shows people in poorer countries send text messages more often than those in wealthier countries. Men in Spain and Germany access the Internet on their phones twice as much ...
- Faces of the recession: homeless childrenThe National Center on Family Homelessness said 1.6 million children were living on the streets of the United States in 2010 or in shelters, motels and doubled-up with other families. Th...
Yahoo! News UK - Republic of Ireland
- Publicans warn that increased violence in pubs could lead to a deathThe head of the Vintners’ Federation of Ireland has said an increase in attacks has happened in recent years.
- 21 deadly female presenters on Irish radioHere come the gals.
- How much smaller should our homes be made? It’s the week in numbersPlus: What’s the most tax complaint county in Ireland.
- Millions of Chinese people will soon hear about how great Ireland isThere could be an influx of visitors from the Asian country.
- With one day until the college grant deadline the SUSI website is back up and runningHead of communications with Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) Graham Doyle says that all applicants should now be able to access their website.
Yahoo! News (About Ireland)
- Minister to allocate extra €4m for Dublin homeless budgetGovernment reacts to growing pressure on homeless services in the capital
- Dublin commuters facing rain-soaked journey homeWorkers in Dublin are facing what could be an arduous journey home, with spot flooding reported in some areas.
- Irish owner to retain Church bar and cafe following refinancingJD Wetherspoon had its eye on the Dublin venue but successful Ulster Bank refinancing means it will stay with current owners
- Dublin City Council trying to cut off phone numbers on ‘cash for cars’ adsThe council is liaising with gardaí on the issue of the illegal ads.
- Communicorp merges two radio sales teamsDublin-based media group to merge commercial sales teams at Today FM and Newstalk